HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Jersey Numbering Question

Old
03-02-2009, 06:16 PM
SyracuseBulldogs*

vCash: 500
Jersey Numbering Question

Hi, I just got a couple jersey's as a present and am looking to get them numbered, but want them numbered correctly so I need to know how the two jerseys are numbered (i.e.- Tackle twill, screened, etc.) Thanks in advance

Jersey #1:

Jersey #2:

SyracuseBulldogs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM
SirJW

www.Rivercitysports.com will do it the right way.

SirJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
SyracuseBulldogs*

Thanks but that wasn't what I was asking.

Old
03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
SirJW

Then I don't understand the question. Rivercity will know how those jersey's were numbered. You can probably call and ask them.

SirJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

I think they're both tackle twill for retail authentics. On ice stuff is very likely sublimated, which cannot be done after the jersey is made. Nobody does screenprinting (which is really heat transfer) anymore except for NFL teams.

You want tackle twill. But the bigger issue is to call and make sure they have the right font.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
pepe22

Those would not be sublimated. Any on ice jersey is tackle twill, a roller hockey jersey might be sublimated but thats about it. Send me an e-mail with exactly what you're looking for....perchhockey_jerseys@yahoo.com. I have both of those fonts.

pepe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe22 View Post
Those would not be sublimated. Any on ice jersey is tackle twill, a roller hockey jersey might be sublimated but thats about it. Send me an e-mail with exactly what you're looking for....perchhockey_jerseys@yahoo.com. I have both of those fonts.
Actually, several NHL teams use sublimation for on ice jerseys. Nashville sublimates the entire thing, including logo. Look at photos, the logos and numbers fold perfectly along with the jersey. tackle twill adds stiffness to the point where that's not possible. The ducks numbers are single layer twill with all the other layers and stitching sublimated on. Allows the jersey to strech more and subtracts weight from the jerseys. I would not be surprised if Nike did the same thing for the gamers in the IIHF.

But for getting a jersey customized? Twill is the only way to go.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:37 PM
SyracuseBulldogs*

The pics of the USA jersey don't look like tackle twill, the Canada one does.

Pepe- please pm me the info for the two jerseys in the pics I posted.

Thanks!

Old
03-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Stripes

No NHL team sublimates anything onto the jersey. All front and shoulder logos on authentic Edge jerseys are fully sewn and embroidered. All names and numbers are sewn on in twill. There is a new single-layer twill that was debuted at the All-Star Game, where 2nd and 3rd colours are either heat pressed or sublimated, some teams may be using that already, but it's all sewn onto the jerseys.

IIHF jerseys depend on the team. Nike doesn't sublimate anything (I believe Tackla does however). If it's not sewn-on twill for Nike jerseys, it's heat pressed.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote