HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks chasing Bouwmeester

Old
03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
timw33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
The reason the Canucks aren't going to sign Ohlund is due to the way their D salaries are, they cant afford to commit long-term to big money for a player of his age. Bouwmeester would be easier to accommodate due to his age.
This.

We already have 31 and 34 year olds under contract for 3.5M a piece to go along with the young core players at 3.5M a piece to Edler (22) and Bieksa (27).

timw33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Ohlund would easily be the 2nd best Dman behind J-Bo this summer. It makes sense that Martin might want him if Ohlund is seriously willing to consider signing in Florida long term.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:01 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Ohlund would easily be the 2nd best Dman behind J-Bo this summer. It makes sense that Martin might want him if Ohlund is seriously willing to consider signing in Florida long term.
Niedermayer?

03-04-2009, 01:03 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pauser View Post
Niedermayer?
Are you the same guy that used to call Russel on sports talk quite often many years ago?

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Bourdon

Ohlund might be the best defenseman on the market for the Panthers. Pronger isn't going to be dealt for a one-for-one deal, Kaberle and Kubina are both likely to stay put (irrelevant because Toronto is looking for prospects), and Ottawa can't take on more salary.

Ohlund is a fiercely loyal player, but he doesn't want to stay with a club that doesn't want him. He's the anti-Wade Redden. That is why he is supposedly wanting out. While Ohlund has lost a step, he is still a gritty all-round defenseman. He still thinks the game at a high level.

Bourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Niedermayer isn't going to jump onto a new team for his last year, if he even plays next year. He's like Zubov, basically off the market.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
JBIZ14

The only way I like it is if it's Ohlund going...and that sucks cause he's been a loyal warrior for this franchise...if he goes I would miss him...but business is business.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Inker

Niedermayer is pretty much guaranteed to finish his career in Anaheim. Whether it be this season or a couple years down the road.

Inker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
It would be very stupid of Gillis to trade good prospects, Bieksa, or Edler for a UFA. Even though JBo is a really high quality D-man, 20 games + small playoff upgrade of Bieksa/Edler - long term loss of Bieksa/Edler are not worth it.

If I were Gillis I'd pretend to want this trade now and asked for a permission to talk to JBo. However, instead of trading for him now I'd get a head start on the upcoming talks to sign him on July 1. Some teams will be throwing 2nd or 3rd pick at Florida a few days before July 1 to get a chance to talk to him. Why throw anything if you can talk to him now and find out what he wants?
People have GOT to stop calling Bouwmeester a small upgrade on Bieksa/Edler. This is an almost Norris Caliber defensemen we're talking about. He's a major major upgrade on both of them maybe even combined. Adding him would immediately bring us up another level for a playoff run.

I really really like that Ohlund, Raymond, 1st deal, and although people are saying it isn't enough, I have a sneaking suspicion that Martin isn't going to get as much as the rumors are saying right now. IMO, they owe it to their fans to AT LEAST replace him with a defensemen the caliber of Ohlund, and I don't think many of these young, long-term defensemen are up there or will help them enough to maintain Florida's playoff chances. From all indications, Ohlund is willing to waive his NTC and will re-sign with whichever team will have him for the money he deserves.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:25 AM
RandomRules

This Canucks team is really tight right now. I don`t see Gillis moving a key player in the dressing room in Ohlund for anyone. Sundin repeatedly mentioned that Matty Ohlund was the main guy to come forward and talk to him about how good the team is and how tight of a dressing room they have. I understand that Ohlund may not sign with the Canucks at the end of year but he deserves to see this season out and his teammates want that for him too. This Ohlund thing just doesn`t add up to me.

RandomRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Oh God.. please please let McKenzie be right. I will donate to the church and finish my vegetables if he is.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

I hope the Canucks don't trade for Bouwmeester. You can't set a price on chemistry, and this team has it right now.

Dugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Pepper View Post
This Canucks team is really tight right now. I don`t see Gillis moving a key player in the dressing room in Ohlund for anyone. Sundin repeatedly mentioned that Matty Ohlund was the main guy to come forward and talk to him about how good the team is and how tight of a dressing room they have. I understand that Ohlund may not sign with the Canucks at the end of year but he deserves to see this season out and his teammates want that for him too. This Ohlund thing just doesn`t add up to me.
I don't think leadership would be a problem on the Canucks. They have a hard working bunch. Ohlund understands this is a business and if he's given the option to go to a team that wants him longterm, he might be happy to take it.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Pepper View Post
I would normally agree.. but.... IT'S FREAKEN JAY BOUWMEESTER!!

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:34 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyfan View Post
Hmm.. a team that actually may have the cap space to make a deal. Expect a young forward like Raymond, and a solid dman going back the other way.

Maybe a deal like Bieksa, Raymond and a first going to FLA for J Bo?
no way I pull the trigger on that trade from a vancouver point of view ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

If it's just Ohlund a mid level prospect/3rd rounder, than I would do it. But since the asking price is going to be high, i'll stick with Ohlie.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:59 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

I hope this happens but I love Ohlund as a person and as a player it sucks that he would have to leave now that the team is gelling so well

If we didn't have so much D depth we could re-sign Ohlie after dealing him, but that would be stupid if we re-signed Jay Bouw.

ANYWAYS! Hopefully it happens!

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Hi-wayman

Personally I think fans will be shocked just how little Bouwmeester will bring the Panthers initially. There is only likely three teams which includes the Canucks in the running for him if he is traded.

The Panthers will want at least one roster player now, likely two, but all cheap salarywise. That means teams will not be able to send salary back in order to make space capwise. Two seasons from now salary is going to be critical with the cap going down $10 to $12 million from what it is now.

I could see O'Brien, Raymond and a 2nd packaged for now with a hefty future considerations (Schneider and two firsts) if the team signs Bouwmeester before the start of next season. That would mean potentially 6 players aged 25 or less and all earning $1 million or less. Added to what Florida already has will make them one of the stronger teams in the cap strapped future NHL.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Oh God.. please please let McKenzie be right. I will donate to the church and finish my vegetables if he is.
No you won't. If anything you,ll say "**** yeah" and get hammered

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No you won't. If anything you,ll say "**** yeah" and get hammered
SHHHHHH! God reads HF!

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:26 AM
DeveinedPgBc

and expect neidermeyer and his bro to the devils tomorrow, i do

DeveinedPgBc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
SHHHHHH! God reads HF!

I don't know if I have EVER laughed as hard at something on the internet as I did at this...maybe it's the talk liquoring, but that was freaking hilarious.

~Canucklehead~

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:33 AM
ELab2

I'm confused as to why Florida would want an expiring contract in the form of Ohlund, yes he would help them get to the playoffs this year but after that he would likely be gone.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:34 AM
ELab2

Quote:
SHHHHHH! God reads HF!

that's awesome lol

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:41 AM
MVP of West Hollywd

Damn, this would make Canucks frontrunners to be the next Canadian team to lose in 7 in the Finals

MVP of West Hollywd is offline   Reply With Quote