HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

3/3 7:30 PM Wings (41-14-8) at Blues (28-26-8)

Old
03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
MissouriBlues2008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTurkelton View Post
Ugh, why’d u say that. Ive missed like half this game because I was in the bathroom puking due to something I ate earlier. Tonight really sucks
Sorry, man.

(I'm assuming you're a man).

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Checker*

Well if that is Tkachuk's last game as a Blues...he really didn't do much of anything

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:02 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBC View Post
So what does this loss do to our trading deadline approach?
hopefully not too much, we're still in the playoff race!

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
MissouriBlues2008

I doubt this loss means we trade Tkachuk.

But I also doubt we do something stupid for Pronger, fortunately.

MissouriBlues2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
CCBC

We only lost 1 point in the standings, correct?

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Well if that is Tkachuk's last game as a Blues...he really didn't do much of anything
I beg you to differentiate that from the last three years.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Checker*

It would have been unrealistic to expect that this team was going to go the rest of the year without a loss. It sucks losing to Detroit, but this was pretty much a loss that could be expected. We need to focus on the next few games and win the games against teams closer to us in the standings. One deflating blowout doesn't undo the hard work the Blues have done. Giving away games or failing to rebound from tonight's pratfall, now that is unacceptable.

Maybe tonight will remind the front office why giving up Polak, Perron, and Petro for Pronger would be a step in the wrong direction

Old
03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Jeffro

Quote:
It would have been unrealistic to expect that this team was going to go the rest of the year without a loss. It sucks losing to Detroit, but this was pretty much a loss that could be expected. We need to focus on the next few games and win the games against teams closer to us in the standings. One deflating blowout doesn't undo the hard work the Blues have done. Giving away games or failing to rebound from tonight's pratfall, now that is unacceptable.

Maybe tonight will remind the front office why giving up Polak, Perron, and Petro for Pronger would be a step in the wrong direction
And maybe it will encourage them to, because Jackman and Woywitka were absolute garbage tonight.

Jeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
mmitchell19

Woywitka has been garbage for several games running.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post

Bingo.

Jackman was terrible tonight, but I think that had to do with the fact that he was more interested in getting "chippy" than he was in playing his position or doing much of anything to stop the Red Wings from scoring. Slashing players behind the play though...well if those counted for goals he would have led us to victory tonight.

Old
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:

That seemed like the problem tonight, they just rolled over and let Detroit win

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Bob Probert Owns You

Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Quote:
Nope...it was called. See...exactly as one sided as I think

Oh well. At least all of the Blues players avoided the hospital tonight
Classy.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:32 PM
STL Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
I'll ask the question, why Woywitka instead of Strachan?

STL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL Fan View Post
I'll ask the question, why Woywitka instead of Strachan?
The only thing I can think of is his puckmoving ability (which is really just potential, since he hasn't shown a ton of it).

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Glove side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Classy.
Whats classy is you trolling on the Blues board, just like the other wings fans, what do you expect us to say!

Polak was just finishing a check, he couldn't foresee Hossa already slipping. It's unfortunate for the wings, but it wasn't pre-meditated. And what's unfortunate for one team is fortunate for the rest! Just a truth of sports and competition

Glove side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
ChicagoBlues

And back to Earth we tumble.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

The Blues have a lot of inconsistent players. Backes (who yes might be playing hurt but appears to be moving well) is either fantastic or a non-factor...Jackman is either playing phenomenal defensive hockey and is one of the smartest players on the ice or plays like an idiot and is clueless in his own end. Boyes is either producing pts on the power play or is literally invisible (he was benched in the 3rd for good reason). Tkachuk has been very mediocre since moving to wing and taken off the Crombeen/Steen line. The offense has regressed since McDonald's return. These are your highest paid guys. Scoring 4 goals in the last 4 home games is not acceptable. They aren't drawing penalties and can't finish.

And the defense was atrocious. Jeff Woywitka, man this guy is just brutal. Mason's been covering up a lot of their deficiencies.

Not a very good time to have a Mike Kitchen-esque loss with the whole town talking about the team. For once I would've preferred a heart breaking 2-1 loss with seconds left than getting friggin blown out in the most hyped game since the lockout. Blues laid an egg tonight, flat out.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:56 PM
ChicagoBlues

Totally man..........Woywitka is horrible. The guy couldn't clear a puck even if there was no one else on the ice. This was his make or break season and it's broken. If we didn't have so many injuries he would've been gone a long time ago.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
I went to the game tonight and here is what I got out of it.
Officiating is HORRIBLE. How can you dive and be tripped at the same time? Really?
Jackman, Boyes, Woywitka, McDonald, Winchester, and Berglund all struggled very much tonight.

Perron, Oshie, McClement, Steen, and Mason has pretty good games (yes they scored 5 goals but did you see half of them? Mason had pretty much no chance on them)

If we move Perron for Pronger tomorrow, I'll be more than upset. I'll be infuriated. The kid has a TON of potential and he's physical. For a guy his size to just flatten people, it's not very often you find that in a player. Especially with the talent he has.

Overall. Horrid game. Terrible team defense. Deal Pietrangelo and get Pronger because we need some SERIOUS HELP!..

Oh yeah, Claim Satan please.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:06 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Totally man..........Woywitka is horrible. The guy couldn't clear a puck even if there was no one else on the ice. This was his make or break season and it's broken. If we didn't have so many injuries he would've been gone a long time ago.
No doubt. I'll echo what others have said in regards to preferring Strachan's poise and solid play in his own end over Woywitka's "attributes" any day.

TheOrganist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:46 AM
CottonMcKnight

Sell tomorrow, any buying would be futile. The only bright side of potentially making the playoffs would be to add to the ticket revenues for the year. Get rid of some of this garbage, and work the plan that JD has already stated....Oh yeah, Donut was the allstar tonight as well, cannot believe that guy is from St. Louis considering some of the crap he calls lol (maybe it is to show he is not biased or something)

CottonMcKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:50 AM
bustoff

Koharski and Auger both blow...........

bustoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:31 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Didn't see the Polak hit until this morning on Sportsdesk. It might not have been dirty (and that is a borderline call) but it was a stupid and unsafe.

Just to also get on the bandwagon, I would be behind any deal that swapped Jackman for Pronger at this point. Depending on the rest of the specifics, of course, I believe we could get away with some picks and a B level prospect in return.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
73blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
Didn't see the Polak hit until this morning on Sportsdesk. It might not have been dirty (and that is a borderline call) but it was a stupid and unsafe.
Just to also get on the bandwagon, I would be behind any deal that swapped Jackman for Pronger at this point. Depending on the rest of the specifics, of course, I believe we could get away with some picks and a B level prospect in return.
How is it stupid and unsafe to shoulder check an elite offensive player in your own zone?

73blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Classy.
Thanks...coming from a Probert fan that means alot.

I owe the Red Wings, or their fans nothing. As soon as it was clear that Hossa had control of his limbs, was going to be fine and wasn't looking at anything career threatening or quality of life threatening; he went back to being just another Red Wing. Maybe if you don't want to see stuff like that posted you should think twice before coming to our board to troll and boast