Notices

Canucks Fans Message to Flames

Old
02-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Ticonderoga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
We like you guys and your team unlike your brothers to the north.
FINALLY!!! Something we can all agree on.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:31 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengay View Post
BTW - are there any actual Flames fans in Calgary when the Canucks play there??? The LUUUU!!!! chants were louder in the saddledome than in Vancouver.

Yeah, you know that noise you were hearing when Luongo wasn't making his big saves? Like the cheers and the "Go Flames Go" chants? Yeah, that was coming from Flames fans.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

I been saying it for the last few years, the flames nucks rivalry is currently better than the BOA.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
jeremywilhelm

I have a feeling that the Luuuu chants are mocking, not to cheer for the guy.

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post
You got those LUUU chants mixed up with BOOOO
I was there...they were Luuuu's 95% of the time. Games are more fun when their is a large visiting team fan turnout. It get's both sides into the game.

I hate Calgary but for the most part they were fairly respectful of us obnoxious Canuck fans. So thumbs up Flamers.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Jesus Quintana*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Yeah, you know that noise you were hearing when Luongo wasn't making his big saves? Like the cheers and the "Go Flames Go" chants? Yeah, that was coming from Flames fans.
I did not hear those chants - must have been drowned out by the LUUUU! chants I was hearing.

In all seriousness, I totally noticed two things about the Calgary crowd last night - #1 - there were as many Canuck fans at the game as there are Habs fans in the crowd when the Habs visit. Seems the Canucks, for whatever reason, have evolved into a team with a following across Canada similar to the Habs and Leafs.

#2 - the Calgary crowd is much more reserved and quiet than it used to be. I suppose the suits and corporate crowd is starting to take over like in Vancouver. Pretty depressing.....the crowd had zero enthusiasm, as compared to past years.

BTW - I have never noticed any Kipper! Kipper! chants at GM Place when Calgary is in town.......

Jesus Quintana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 410
I thought they were booing Luongo.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

They were defiantly Luuuuing Not booing, Even during the game people were wondering how the canucks had over 2000/3000 People in the dome.

The reason Canucks vs Flames games are so entertaining is clear.

We hate the flames
The flames hate us

And Clearly same can be said about the players on the ice.

Its great

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
I had a friend at the game and he said they were booing when the Nuck fans were Luuuing.

Sounds the same however if you were not there ( I was not).

A kipper chant would have been nice to hear as well.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
lefty2time*

I would not like to see Calgary Vs Vancouver in the playoffs......I'd rather Vancouver face a team they have a higher chance of beating.

If they met in the second round..it would be oh so epic.

Great game last night.
I hate the Oil and the Flames. But at least the flames are a good team. The oil only think they have a good team.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Jesus Quintana*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post
I would not like to see Calgary Vs Vancouver in the playoffs......I'd rather Vancouver face a team they have a higher chance of beating.

Great game last night.
I hate the Oil and the Flames. But at least the flames are a good team. The oil only think they have a good team.

True. I am still praying for the Vancouver vs. Phoenix series.

Jesus Quintana* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 05:07 AM
dhabums*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Nice, thanks.

These two teams definitely bring out the best in one another. I would love a Flames-Canucks first round playoff series this year.

I'd prefer it as a 3rd round series.

dhabums* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty2time View Post

Great game last night.
Hahaha fair enough... I live in Vancouver and cheer for Calgary. I hope the Canucks make the playoffs and meet Calgary in say the western final so I could get to a game or two here. Now that would be an epic series. All is sweeter if Edmonton does not make the post season too

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
FINALLY!!! Something we can all agree on.
Ah, that's good comedy. The point of a triangle (Edm, Cal, Van), is to always leave someone on the outside looking in, feeling as though they're left out of the proverbial party.

This Calgary/Vancouver "love-in" is hilarious because posters forget how they'll be at eachothers' throats once there's a contentious hit in the next 'Nucks/Flames game. Like it hasn't happened before.

Yeah, yeah... "But the Oilers suck. Real bad." Or, "Oilers fans are the worst - I'll ALWAYS cheer for our good buddies in Vancouver/Calgary". Given the good odds of the Oilers missing the cut this season and alternately the Canucks' odds of getting in, I'd love to check in with the status of this thread should Calgary and Vancouver meet in the post-season.

Enjoy the civility while it lasts. We all know that it won't last long.

That said, I'd for sure say that a Canucks/Flames series would be pretty damned fine to watch - especially this year. Luongo vs. Kipper would be an interesting match over 7 games. And I'm sure each team would see to it that the victor is absolutely pummelled and in horrible shape to take on the next opponent.

The way things are looking, a 1st round meeting looks as though it's a strong possibility.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Why does everyone want a Flames Canucks 1st round?... people the further in the playoffs we meet the more epic it will be
Agreed

Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderlizer View Post
I would say later in the game the braintrust that is the Flame fans thought boooing while we were Luuuing would be a good idea...it just made it sound louder. most of the game including some of the loudest Luuuu's were all Canuck fans.Flames fans finally got into it after the Kipper save.

JBIZ14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Pomeranian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
I would say later in the game the braintrust that is the Flame fans thought boooing while we were Luuuing would be a good idea...it just made it sound louder. most of the game including some of the loudest Luuuu's were all Canuck fans.Flames fans finally got into it after the Kipper save.
In hindsight probably booing to cover up the Luuuing not a good idea as it all sounds like booing on t.v. It sounds like booo even when you watch a canuck game. What I wonder about is why the LUUU every time he looks at the puck. Shouldn't the big LUUUU cheer be for a great save, not a routine one? How about a polite clap when he makes the routine ones, (which for most goalies are majority?)

Pomeranian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomeranian View Post
In hindsight probably booing to cover up the Luuuing not a good idea as it all sounds like booing on t.v. It sounds like booo even when you watch a canuck game. What I wonder about is why the LUUU every time he looks at the puck. Shouldn't the big LUUUU cheer be for a great save, not a routine one? How about a polite clap when he makes the routine ones, (which for most goalies are majority?)
I totally agree. I loved the "Freddie" chant after a huge save when we had Brathwaite between the pipes, however, if we had started doing it after every single shot it would have gotten annoying like the "Lou" chants are becoming.

It'll be interesting tonight, the "Lou" vs "Ole".

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 02:05 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomeranian View Post
Hahaha totally agree. Going to GM place and listening to that every time Luongo has the puck hit the boards behind the net is thick... but this is from an arena whose fans boo a legit off side call. Not sure if anyone knows what is going on!

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 05:26 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Hahaha totally agree. Going to GM place and listening to that every time Luongo has the puck hit the boards behind the net is thick... but this is from an arena whose fans boo a legit off side call. Not sure if anyone knows what is going on!
I wonder if they miss BertUUUUUUUUUzzi.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 02:15 AM
Sinistril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dions shoulder View Post
I loathed the Canucks when they had Cooke, Ruutu and the old Bert... and now that they are gone, and Bert is playing for us without the douchebaginess, I cannot get that same feeling of hate. With players like Kesler and Mitchell on the Canucks, I now just feel a respectful hatred. (if that is possible)

But whatever, one playoff series and that hate will be rebuilt

In the hockey world that phrase would sound more like "without the edge" believe me the douchebaginess is something you WANT bertuzzi to have.

Anyways, Calgary - Vancouver games are by far the best. I'd consider Calgary the Nucks best rival by far, don't know if you guys consider the Oil your best but I can't imagine any team considering those lazy sob's a rival Figured at the start of the season either the nucks or flames would win the division and I won't be disappointed no matter who wins - so long as we meet sometime during the playoffs. It's been a long 5 years since they last met...

Sinistril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
indigosurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengay View Post
0 #2 - the Calgary crowd is much more reserved and quiet than it used to be. I suppose the suits and corporate crowd is starting to take over like in Vancouver. Pretty depressing.....the crowd had zero enthusiasm, as compared to past years.

BTW - I have never noticed any Kipper! Kipper! chants at GM Place when Calgary is in town.......
Gotta say, I agree. It seems like during the regular season our fans just don't care anymore. I mean we sell the 'Dome out pretty much every game but during the game it's like the only time they'll cheer are when we get a goal or the other team gets a penalty.

But Kipper did get a standing ovation from all the fans after that amazing save vs. the Nucks earlier in the month. But it is true, our fans don't give Kipper enough graditude for his superb goaltending.

But none of that will matter come playoff time, because thats when alot of Flames fans finally start supporting the team and then the C of Red (and Red Mile) come to life again. Trust me, if the Flames and Canucks do infact meet some how come playoff time, there'll be about 100-150 'Nucks fans in the stands (when the series starts of in Calgary for Game 1!!!)

indigosurf is offline   Reply With Quote