HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Flames @ Senators, Game 63

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonite?
Jarome Iginla 4 21.05%
David Moss 15 78.95%
Roy - Peters - van der Gulik line 0 0%
Other - please explain 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Flames @ Senators, Game 63

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:17 PM
PIMking

I'm going homer with the pick because I cant see the games anymore I'm choosing Peters.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Good to see the team bounce back after the loss to Tampa Bay. An important 2 points for sure, especially with all the injuries. Nice to see guys stepping up when needed. Congrats to Peters on his first NHL goal.

MVP to Moss, for his first career hat-trick.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BearChi

good game tonight
congrats to moss for the hat trick

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Flamesfan13

Sorry flamers didnt order the game tonight but heard it on the radio...
I heard they played great i have too go watch the highlights lol
Congrats to Moss and the flames good job woo 82 points!!!!

Flamesfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

Third Period
The final frame began well with the Flames again pouring on pressure and pucks on net, and a bah-rootal hit by Phaneuf on Heatly. Clean open ice check in almost the same spot as the Famous Hamel hit. Dany was shaken for a bit, but came back shortly after. Dion then fought Spezza and it was no contest as Phanuef’s superior reach was all the advantage required. After that the Flames fell into penalty trouble and the Senators finally turned on the jets. They managed to score one more in the third, but Moss put two goals in the net in the third and the Senators just couldn’t match the physicality nor the sheer work of the Flames.
The penalty kill had a huge amount of work in the third period. For the most part they were solid. Blocking what few shots there were, and strong on the puck. They cleared the zone very well, and as per usual made the offensive zone plays to try and create something short handed. The final penalty was the one that the Calgary squad fumbled. A scrambly defensive zone slip up turned into a hard shot from the point and tip by Foligno to bring the Senators to within two.
What can I say about Iginla and Moss. Those two simply owned the Ottawa players and importantly goaltenders all night. At first I expected this to be the Iginla Show, but then Moss came in and stole right out from under Iggy!! Mikka made a few spectacular saves tonight, and really cannot be held accountable for any of the Senator’s tallies. And again great work by Lundmark, Vander Gulik and Peters tonight. They were stunning all game long and really kept the work ethic going strong for the entire team.

Overall Impressions
A game the Flames should have won, and deservedly did. They out worked, out hustled and out hit the Senators tonight, and did so with a supporting cast for the most part. Missing our entire second line, and still the Flames manage to roll four amazing lines. No one was really awful tonight, and every last player made a solid contribution. I cannot express my delight with how hard physically the Flames played the Sens. That brand of hard hitting hockey is what I have come to expect from the Flames, and exactly the kind of hockey they need to play if they wish to continue this level of success.

Three Stars By Me
1. David Moss
2. Jarome Iginla
3. Warren Peters
HM: Cory Sarich for leveling everything in his path and notably that fantastic hip check in the second to deny a short handed break.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:28 PM
DBU
Never Quit

vCash: 464
Yayyy, went to see it at Chinook!

Moss for MVP.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Moss because he got the hat trick.

But Iggy was great too.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Areid1990

Good game tonight, It's nice to start this long trip off with a win lets keep this going !

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Eb0la11

Is it just me or does Lundmark have like 6 pts in 5 games since getting called up? Is that correct? I havent checked. Has he been up for longer?

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Northern Neighbour

It was nice to see quite a few Flames fans at ScotiaBank Place. The team played well for the most part. They played a smart, physical road. Iginla was terrific. I thought Conroy was very, very good tonight. Moss, obviously, was very good.

Phaneuf was a factor tonight. He may not have been on the scoreboard, but he played a good defensive game and of course had the two big hits on Heatley.

Kiprusoff only had to make a handful of really tough saves, but he was steady.

The 4th line was great tonight. They played with lots of energy and were rewarded with a goal, although it was a very weak goal allowed by Auld.

Nice start to the road trip. With all the injuries, guys like Peters and Lundmark will need to continue to step up their games.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Grannys

Glad we won this one since the next month will be a REALLY tough one. Im getting nervous about all the road games... so this was a good start to some much needed road W's

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:42 PM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 11:58 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
MVP to the Mossman. Nice to see him back on the scoreboard. Great game by him. Also congrats to Peters for his first career goal and Van der Gulik for his first point. Both have played extremely well since being called up.

Thought Phaneuf was great tonight. Iginla continues to be on fire and Cammy played well. With the injuries these 3 guys need to continue playing well and lead the team like they did tonight. Good start to the roadtrip, but they need to keep it going. Next games should be much harder. Interested in seeing what Sutter has up his sleeve for tomorrow.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

could some one post the lines tonight, am interested in seeing what we did without an entire second line.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
could some one post the lines tonight, am interested in seeing what we did without an entire second line.
Cammalleri - Lombardi - Iginla
Glencross - Conroy - Moss
Nystrom - Boyd - Lundmark
Van der Gulik - Peters - Roy

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote