HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Recchi on the Radar?..along with others

Old
03-04-2009, 12:39 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'm still on the antropov bandwagon and wouldn't be against giving up the 1st toronto is asking for if we can get confirmation from antropov that he may be interested in re-signing us.

Antropov-Gomez-Zherdev
Naslund-Drury-Dubinsky
Cally-Korpi-Avery
Sjo-Betts-Prucha?/Orr

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:44 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'm feeling if we were to go after Barker, it would be straight up for Dubinsky. Give to get. Both have similar upside at their respective positions but good D is harder to develop. I have not actually seen Barker's game so I cannot say for sure I would do this trade. It is tempting though. Man, I wish Atlanta traded us Coburn for like Malik instead of Zhitnik.

Recchi could be a solid addition but how are we solving our log jam? We can't just go and put 1/2 the deal on waivers now.

Someone suggested Betts for Cheecho. interesting but Cheecho's salary is like $4M. $$$ wouldn't work. Would rather spend that cap somewhere else. It's not certain he'd regain his form with us.

Don't understand the hard-on for Antropov.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
Recchi? I don't think he's what the team needs at all. He's another small forward who's a play maker -not a sniper. I still think Guerin is a much better fit.

As for Barker -- I hate to say it, but I would definitely consider trading Korpikoski for him. We've got plenty of center dept:Gomez, Drury, Dubinsky, Betts, Avery, Anisimov. Like many of you said, that would make our defense ridiculous.
In reality we only have 1 player who really is a playmaker and thats Gomez. Zherdev is pretty much 50/50, depending what mode he is in.

While Prucha, Dawes, Callahaan, Drury are all shoot first players.

I definitly think that if we bring someone in it should be someone who can make plays. We get far to 1-dimensional just throwing the puck on the net from all areas all the time. We need someone who can mix it up a bit.

Last edited by Ola: 03-04-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 03:19 AM
ArtieAnisimov

Recchi is 3rd on the Lightning only being outscored by real superstars like Lecavlier and St Louis, he'd be 3rd on this team but not by much. He has more points than Drury. Recchi has a low cap number and wont cost much. I think he is the ideal player to get.

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 03:40 AM
Ola

I wouldn't go nuts if we got Recchi. Its perfectly understandable that Torts is asking for more vets, most coaches would. And Recchi is pretty cheap.

I also think he would make decent sense on the ice. He would take some pressure off Drury and Gomez. Be a Torts guy in the lockerroom.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Blueblood 2

I say no to Recchi for one reason. We need to be building for the future. A quick fix for this season is a wasted fix. Why take ice time away from our future?

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 06:44 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

wtf.

mark freekin recchi. areyakiddinme....

and we didnt want shanny.

is he gonna do anything for us at all. i mean really. he may be cheap and he may have alot of points for a senior citizen, but consider for a moment exactly what the guy will do for us. i mean hes a fossil. hes not gonna get us to the finals and even a 3rd for him would seem to be an overpayment for a guy whos gonna play for us for what ... a few months. again, no one that old will do anything for this team. we need a future and he aint it.

enough with the dinosaurs already.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
NYRANGERSfan0922

Would like Antropov but not for a first. No Way!

NYRANGERSfan0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Vitto79

love how Recchi was on TSN and said TB has not talked to him at all about where.......classy TB,hah

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Antropov? Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Don't understand the hard-on for Antropov.
I'm with you guys. This is as mediocre player as I can think of, yet the way Burke talks about his value, you'd think you're getting Ovechkin Jr.. I really don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I like Barker, but I'd have to agree they'd probably want Dubinsky coming back. Not something I'd be in favor of.
It probably helps them short term, but long term, Dubinsky has the same problem Barker has. He's an RFA due for a raise. Under those circumstances, I think I stick with Dubi as well.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:40 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'm with you guys. This is as mediocre player as I can think of, yet the way Burke talks about his value, you'd think you're getting Ovechkin Jr. I really don't get it. m

It probably helps them short term, but long term, Dubinsky has the same problem Barker has. He's an RFA due for a raise. Under those circumstances, I think I stick with Dubi as well.
Comparing last year and this years dubinsky you think he deserves a raise? i think he should take a cut not a raise

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Comparing last year and this years dubinsky you think he deserves a raise? i think he should take a cut not a raise
No, but he's going to get one. I wouldn't be surprised to see his salary double.

Barker's ALREADY got a $2.4M cap hit with bonuses.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
I'm with you guys. This is as mediocre player as I can think of, yet the way Burke talks about his value, you'd think you're getting Ovechkin Jr.. I really don't get it.

honestly i see tons of TO games being so close........he is one of those guys with tons of talent. He is like a Kovalev at times but not as explosive.....meaning he can really rack up the points but then he goes a few weeks of crap.........mind you if he played with Gomez full time he may be more consistant

bottom line is he is not old, a UFA and cheap.......if he does well they could resign him. So a rental with potential to bring back

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Barker would be very interesting. Not sure about the return going the other way though.

Mark Recchi though? Seriously? Two words...Small, Old

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
he is one of those guys with tons of talent....he can really rack up the points but then he goes a few weeks of crap
Which is exactly why I don't understand people fawning all over his potential availability, or Burke's assertion that he's worth a kings' ransom. He belongs in the same group as Marcel Hossa; big guys with tons of talent who can't put it together for more than 3 games at a time before disappearing for 3 weeks.

Old
03-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Barker would be very interesting. Not sure about the return going the other way though.

Mark Recchi though? Seriously? Two words...Small, Old
Exactly. No thanks.

I'd like Antropov though. Even if he's inconsistant. In the right situation he could be a regular 30+ goal scorer. Not to mention his huge.

Barker I want just for the fact that Girardi hasn't been the same in my eyes since they fought. How's that for logic? Good D man, with a physical edge and can score.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:11 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Dubinsky:

2007-2008: 82GP 14G 26A 40PT
2008-2009: 64GP 8G 23A 31PT

Over 82 games Dubi projects to 38.75 points this season. That's basically a 1 point difference, without one of the greatest players to ever play the game on his wing. I don't think he's getting a pay cut.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
wtf.

mark freekin recchi. areyakiddinme....

and we didnt want shanny.

is he gonna do anything for us at all. i mean really. he may be cheap and he may have alot of points for a senior citizen, but consider for a moment exactly what the guy will do for us. i mean hes a fossil. hes not gonna get us to the finals and even a 3rd for him would seem to be an overpayment for a guy whos gonna play for us for what ... a few months. again, no one that old will do anything for this team. we need a future and he aint it.

enough with the dinosaurs already.
Why do you keep harping on his age? He has 45 points in 62 games, which would be good for 3rd on this Rangers team. Its also not like hes blocking a youngster from getting any icetime. Its a low risk move that wouldnt be that bad. You continue to bring up his age when in reality hed be this teams 3rd of 4th best forward. Plus he'd probably get Nigel Dawes out of this lineup for good, which would be a God-send.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Recchi
Avery-Korpikoski-Prucha
Sjo-Betts-Orr

Thats more formidable than what we have now. Noones saying it would make us contenders, but it would make the team better.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
Exactly. No thanks.

I'd like Antropov though. Even if he's inconsistant. In the right situation he could be a regular 30+ goal scorer. Not to mention his huge.

Barker I want just for the fact that Girardi hasn't been the same in my eyes since they fought. How's that for logic? Good D man, with a physical edge and can score.

Yeah physical defenseman...pretty much needed here since the departure of Thomas Kloucek. Year after year it just fails to get addressed. Guess teams want too much for these guys or whatever...but, seriously when was the last true physical defenseman to play here? Please don't anyone tell me Kaspar. Game passed him by when he got here. Girardi can play a physical game, so can Mara, and even Staal...but none of them intimidate the opposition. Not sure if Barker can do that, but he would most ceretainly be the most physical defender on the club.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:48 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Why do you keep harping on his age? He has 45 points in 62 games, which would be good for 3rd on this Rangers team. Its also not like hes blocking a youngster from getting any icetime. Its a low risk move that wouldnt be that bad. You continue to bring up his age when in reality hed be this teams 3rd of 4th best forward. Plus he'd probably get Nigel Dawes out of this lineup for good, which would be a God-send.

Naslund-Gomez-Zherdev
Dubinsky-Drury-Recchi
Avery-Korpikoski-Prucha
Sjo-Betts-Orr

Thats more formidable than what we have now. Noones saying it would make us contenders, but it would make the team better.
hes a rental. we dont need rentals. we need to build this team for the future. right now, we are a marginal team, albeit, heading in the right direction, but still marginal. hes not a difference maker, so why bring him in at all for 2 months?

i hope our focus is on improving the team short and long term both.

Old
03-04-2009, 10:05 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
hes a rental. we dont need rentals. we need to build this team for the future. right now, we are a marginal team, albeit, heading in the right direction, but still marginal. hes not a difference maker, so why bring him in at all for 2 months?

i hope our focus is on improving the team short and long term both.
Then Antropov should not be talked about. There is NO chance that the Rangers can resign him for what he will be asking for. Try another 4-5 million dollar forward along with keeping room to resign zherdev, dubinsky, callahan, sjostrom, orr, mara, betts, dawes, prucha. I know they all wont be resigned but they will need to be replaced. There is no chance unless Sather can trade away a big contract so he shoulondt be an option.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Then Antropov should not be talked about. There is NO chance that the Rangers can resign him for what he will be asking for. Try another 4-5 million dollar forward along with keeping room to resign zherdev, dubinsky, callahan, sjostrom, orr, mara, betts, dawes, prucha. I know they all wont be resigned but they will need to be replaced. There is no chance unless Sather can trade away a big contract so he shoulondt be an option.
part of the process in aquiring someone is to be sure that they can be signed to a contract or the current contract is cap friendly. if we cannot wrap someone up, then you dont do the deal. we dont need rentals since were gonna be a one series and done team anyway most likely.

we would need to move some contracts to do an impact deal. if we dont, were gonna sit tight.

Old
03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
That's true, but I'm looking at the Burrows signing as a ceiling for Dubinsky's new contract. Burrows signed for $8mil over 4 years and is on pace for 20+ goals this season. I can't see Dubinsky getting more than that.

Unfortunately I think Antropov is probably on Sather's radar because he's a huge body and is capable of 20+ goals. It's the Rangers scouting that concerns me. They'll probably trade for him without even considering his injury history.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Section311

recchi to boston

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
BleedBlue4491

recchi just got moved to boston per tsn.

BleedBlue4491 is offline   Reply With Quote