HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Martin St Louis's name connected to Rangers

View Poll Results: Would you Trade Grachev for M. St Louis?
Yes 36 18.75%
No 156 81.25%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
HAHA, yea. I think there is some untapped potential for some goal scoring this season but I am hoping that as the team grows and gets used to eachother they will improve. I just dont want to sell young players for a "quick fix" as I dont see this team being a legit contender this season. Possibly in a couple of seasons when players like Dubi, Callahan, Hank, Staal, Girardi and others have gotten a bit more experience I would say "go for it". But not this season.
As I said earlier MSL is not a rental for this season. He has a contract for two more years. That is the time our youngsters can use to learn to score.

If teams could do without veterans, no one would sign any. We got them too and made some mistakes in that.
The prospects represent the price the mistakes are usually corrected with. You suggest not to do any corrections b/c you value the prospects. I disagree, I need to see some scoring talent, when I take the time to watch my team.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:12 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
As I said earlier MSL is not a rental for this season. He has a contract for two more years. That is the time our youngsters can use to learn to score.

If teams could do without veterans, no one would sign any. We got them too and made some mistakes in that.
The prospects represent the price the mistakes are usually corrected with. You suggest not to do any corrections b/c you value the prospects. I disagree, I need to see some scoring talent, when I take the time to watch my team.
His contract is for this season and next season. And while I agree this team needs scoring, for that price, I would rather go hard after a younger, power-forward type as this team has a ton of smaller forwards already.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
94now

Quote:
His contract is for this season and next season. And while I agree this team needs scoring, for that price, I would rather go hard after a younger, power-forward type as this team has a ton of smaller forwards already.
Not available no matter how hard you going to go and if for sale would cost a ranch and all cows.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:19 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
this trade aint happening but its a freaking joke to mention st louis size. while being a small nhl player it hasnt hindered st louis production in the nhl one bit. st louis did win something called the art ross and hart trophy despite his size. sure sure thats a regular season award but once the playoffs started he kept on being a solid player and was the second best lightning player in the playoffs including scoring one the most key goals, game 6 in 3 OT. sure lets complain about his size

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Who could you get that is anywhere near as good as St. Louis with a contract value that great. HE is a great player who probably fits in well with Tort's system. Grachev is great but St. Louis is a proven star and would be a nice addition to this team. I mean, If St. Louis likes it here he might even resign for another two years and I would gladly take St. Louis for 4 years then wait 3 years before the prospect has any impact in our line up. Plus, I am curious...What is Grachev's upside? Is it anywhere near what St. Louis will be producing for the next 2 years

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Entrancemperium

The point for me anyway is that I'm damned tired of not having a homegrown star so I'd rather keep Grachev and dangle Rozival and perhaps another prospekt not named Artem Anisimov, we are not going to win this year anyway and next year S:t Louis is a year older

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 03:50 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Never liked St. Louis. Would like him even less if he cost Grachev.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

I've never seen Grachev play, but the way you guys talk about him makes it sound like he's the next best thing since sliced bread.

So, let's rationalize:

Why WASTE one of our up-and-coming prospects on an aging St. Louis?

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
I've never seen Grachev play, but the way you guys talk about him makes it sound like he's the next best thing since sliced bread.

So, let's rationalize:

Why WASTE one of our up-and-coming prospects on an aging St. Louis?
Sliced bread is okay, kinda plain. Grachev is like warm, buttery toast

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

I wouldn't trade Grachev for St. Louis. Trading Grachev for a 34 year old St. Louis who is on the downside of his career would be suicide, considering the death of Cherepanov absolutely killed our forward depth in the farm system.

GratefulDead talks about bringing in St. Louis at the expense of "unproven players" and how there should be no argument to it if it comes down to trading prospects for St. Louis. These "unproven players" are going to help us get out of the Cap Hell that we're in right now in a few years. Guys like Grachev will help us be able to deal/cut (who knows) guys like Gomez and Drury who are overpaid and underproductive. The Rangers if anything should be looking to draft young fowards to replace the depth they've lost in recent years from graduations and other happenings.

This is exactly the type of trade I wouldn't condone.

If St. Louis will come cheap, then fine, but I see no reason to overpay and deal off valuable assets that will help the team in the future for one, maybe two playoff runs in which we're not really a cup threat in anyway. St. Louis is a redundant player on this team. Adding another small forward really does nothing for this team. I'd rather waste a low round pick and a fringe prospect on No-show Fatchuk than overpay for St. Louis.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:27 AM
NYRANGERSfan0922

St. Louis's going to cost us to much. We should really stay away. Unless the deal is Gomez + picks and such for St. Loius. Even then, it still is not worth it.

NYRANGERSfan0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:30 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRANGERSfan0922 View Post
St. Louis's going to cost us to much. We should really stay away. Unless the deal is Gomez + picks and such for St. Loius. Even then, it still is not worth it.
Couldn't disagree more. If we can get ANYTHING for Scott Gomez we should take it and run. Let Gomez do his blueline drop passes and backhand saucer turnovers in someones elses building. PLEASE!!!!!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
St. Louis is a proven player. will continue to score and assist.....

but

this team will the 80's Brooks Smurfs look genuinly butch!

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Pizza

Not getting this after all the talk about the Rangers needing size on the top two lines.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Uh oh our boy eklund says St. Louis is not getting traded, look out

Hollywood Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:21 AM
1940rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Not getting this after all the talk about the Rangers needing size on the top two lines.
I'm with Pizza on this one. Doesn't jibe with the party line. Antropov? 6-3, 220 and Burke's looking to deal.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:26 AM
mc87yanks

Hey guys, was thinking about a proposal, wanted to see what you guys thought.

St. Louis for Anisimov, Dawes, and a 2nd.

Before I get jumped on or anything, I just wanted to throw it out there to get and idea of what people would be willing to give up for the scorer we so badly need.

mc87yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
No No No No !!!!

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
satrabyk

we would have to give more than Grachev for a guy that has had most of his sucess with Lecavalier one of the best players in the east. So i say Ant is probably a smarter player in a salary cap situation. Its best to keep are assests and prospects.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote