HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official USER PROPOSAL thread (retitled)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
  #26
FromDubiToZherdev*
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Really? That's not at all what Doug Wilson said today on NHL live. He said he's extremely happy with the make-up of their current roster.
People are reporting that the Sharks want some veteran third liners. Cheechoo has only 9 goals and is a player who does not work well on the 3rd line. If he is put on the 1st or 2nd line, expect some nice goal scoring.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:50 PM
  #27
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
People are reporting that the Sharks want some veteran third liners. Cheechoo has only 9 goals and is a player who does not work well on the 3rd line. If he is put on the 1st or 2nd line, expect some nice goal scoring.
Do we have veteran 3rd liners to give?

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 08:52 PM
  #28
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
People are reporting that the Sharks want some veteran third liners. Cheechoo has only 9 goals and is a player who does not work well on the 3rd line. If he is put on the 1st or 2nd line, expect some nice goal scoring.
I was just lurking on the Sharks board. Seems like Cheechoo isn't going anywhere until draft day, but Sharks fans definitely want some 3rd & 4th line vets to replace Roenick & Grier. AHLers Kaspar & Staubitz were recalled, and Sharks fans would rather have some experienced vets play than those 2. Some names thrown around were Recchi, Roberts, Chris Neil.

The Sharks would probably be interested in Betts to replace Grier. Cheechoo is unavailable and Betts wouldn't be enough for him anyway, but I'm wondering if they would part ways with Goc, Plihal, or Mitchell.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2009, 09:00 PM
  #29
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
a rozsival and prucha trade for cheechoo and lukowich seems to fit both teams. cheechoos contract is 2 years left and lukowich expires next year. rozsival is actually a good defenseman and would help them now and prucha can play 3rd line winger on a team that plays aggressive attacking hockey. lukowich was a throw in salary guy but played for torts when tampa won the cup. i think rozzy is more valuable than cheechoo so we could prob get a 3rd or 4th for him as well.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 12:50 AM
  #30
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
a rozsival and prucha trade for cheechoo and lukowich seems to fit both teams. cheechoos contract is 2 years left and lukowich expires next year. rozsival is actually a good defenseman and would help them now and prucha can play 3rd line winger on a team that plays aggressive attacking hockey. lukowich was a throw in salary guy but played for torts when tampa won the cup. i think rozzy is more valuable than cheechoo so we could prob get a 3rd or 4th for him as well.
That could work if Blake does not resign with them although I'm sure it would be Rosival and Betts. They need 3rd and 4th liners and Prucha does not fit the bill.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 07:59 AM
  #31
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Just a thought, could ryan smyth be that big forward we are looking for? and if so you think slats would try to get Smyth and Leopold in a package deal from Colorado?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:06 AM
  #32
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
Just a thought, could ryan smyth be that big forward we are looking for? and if so you think slats would try to get Smyth and Leopold in a package deal from Colorado?
Definite interest in Smyth.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:31 AM
  #33
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,950
vCash: 500
smyth is making too much money

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:34 AM
  #34
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
smyth is making too much money
How much is his contract and how long left on it?

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:36 AM
  #35
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
How much is his contract and how long left on it?
6.25 mil for the next 3 years. They'd definitely have to take a huge contract back.

EJ Hradek also reported that Hejduk and Smyth are not going to be moved.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
  #36
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
6.25 mil for the next 3 years. They'd definitely have to take a huge contract back.

EJ Hradek also reported that Hejduk and Smyth are not going to be moved.
thanks for the info...yeah I just heard that from Hradek

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.