HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PHI/PHX] Scottie Upshall + '11 2nd for Daniel Carcillo

Old
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
[PHI/PHX] Scottie Upshall + '11 2nd for Daniel Carcillo

I hate this trade.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:56 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

vCash: 500
Isn't much to say other than overpayment by Philly...seems pretty lateral.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

How is this better than waiving Upshall? I just don't understand it.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
hashmarks

Yes, this one is a Carcillo is not worth all that.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Carcillo had a lot of upside last year. Scored, fought, and was a beast. BUT what happened...

10 points in 54 GP?

Really?

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

David Poile was pretty flustered about not being able to reacquire Upshall. I can't believe the Flyers gave up this much for a middle-weight (that takes on all comers) who is, quite frankly, out-of-control most of the time he is on the ice.

03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Alamo

Gretz didn't let danny play more that 5 mins in some of those games ( on a ****** 4th line). If your real coach can learn to tame him a little bit, he has some amazing upside offensively

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Gretz didn't let danny play more that 5 mins in some of those games ( on a ****** 4th line). If your real coach can learn to tame him a little bit, he has some amazing upside offensively
You can't play when you are in the penalty box.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:05 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
David Poile was pretty flustered about not being able to reacquire Upshall. I can't believe the Flyers gave up this much for a middle-weight (that takes on all comers) who is, quite frankly, out-of-control most of the time he is on the ice.
Upshall isn't always in control either. In fact, they took a similar amount of minor penalties this year.

paxtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
trees17

i would have liked carcillo for uppy straight up with no pick.. i think with the pick its a little bit of any overpayment.... but only time will tell...... we werent going to resign scotty next year anyway.. whats carcillos contract like?? is he signed next year....???

trees17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Alamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave View Post
You can't play when you are in the penalty box.
Hence the tame part....

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
tylerbear*

Overpayment by the Flyers, but Carcillo is your typical Flyer. The fans will love him.

tylerbear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Looks like the flyers are going to have some trouble with him then.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Carcillo does have a 3.2 shooting percentage after putting up a 12% the previous 2 years (in limited time), so basically, if he shoots at 12%, he'd be at the same goal number, 3.2 seems abnormally low.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Habsfan18

I think Upshall will do quite well in Phoenix.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Terence Peterman

Stupid. So stupid it hurts.

I'll miss you, Scottie.

And I'll miss you, too, second round pick which apparently causes flagrant VD (which must be why the Flyers refuse to hold onto them).

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Mr Dangles
I double dare you.

Carcillo is a perfect fit in Philly

Mr Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dangles View Post
Carcillo is a perfect fit in Philly
Yea I mean suck to see Uppy go but we can some cap room to have extra players with us and apprently Carcillo's fav team growing up was the Flyers...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
jcab2000

Flyers fans who don't like this trade have either never seen Carcillo play or they love the new NHL. A lot of people will change their mind.

jcab2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

The most overrated Flyer is gone. The only thing that stings is the 2nd round pick, but we can fetch one(and more) right back this summer by trading Lupul or someone else.

Scottie was a solid energy guy, but he's just not going to be the 30-40 goal scorer some Flyers fans thought/think. IMO, Scottie will max out at 20 goals, that's nothing to be ashamed of, but a far cry from the far fetched predicitions of 30-40 goals and 70+ points.

I am REALLY excited to see what Carcillo brings to the table. I give it about a week for Carcillo to have a cult following in Philadelphia.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewindupbird View Post
Overpayment by the Flyers, but Carcillo is your typical Flyer. The fans will love him.
Spot on.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVPens View Post
Spot on.
Yeah, we need ANOTHER guy to take penalties and we need ANOTHER guy with a reputation. Great.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:12 PM
DUHockey9

I think it is as simple as this.

Holmgren's primary goal was to shed a few hundred thousand dollars in salary so we weren't constantly holding our breath about someone getting hurt. It would allow us to stop yo yo-ing Giroux up and down, and he's earned his permanent spot with us. We couldn't just waive a guy bc we'd be without a body, and as soon as an injury hit, we'd be in the same spot. So we needed to trade a body for a less expensive body. None of the 4th line guys make a enough to accomplish the goal. Trading a guy making 700k for a guy making 650k is pretty worthless.

So you have to look at our top 9. Gags Richards Knuble were never really going anywhere. Hartnell Carter Lupul has been our best line this year, and after a bit of juggling once Briere came back...the line always ends up back together. That leaves Upshall Briere Giroux on the 3rd line. Well Briere can't really be moved, and Giroux is who we are trying to keep. So it's really Upshall.

So we've decided it's Upshall...looking at that 3rd line what do we need? We need some size and some grit...and some skill of course. Briere and Giroux are not big guys, and Carcillo isn't really all that big but he does his job well. He brings what is needed to that line.

I'm willing to bet Homer knows he overpaid here. He overpaid to get the cap room he wanted, and he probably didn't want to trade Upshall, but he got the kind of player he wanted for that line as well. I'm pretty sure when he said to himself "Do I really care about my picks in 3 years right this second?" he realized...he has to do what is best for the team right now.

So we'll see how it works out. I think Flyers fans will love Carcillo, just as we loved Upshall. But will it make us a better team...I have no idea.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
chromemaro

i think ill end up liking him. but i will miss upshall.

u guys will love him.

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
chromemaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I think it is as simple as this.

Holmgren's primary goal was to shed a few hundred thousand dollars in salary so we weren't constantly holding our breath about someone getting hurt. It would allow us to stop yo yo-ing Giroux up and down, and he's earned his permanent spot with us. We couldn't just waive a guy bc we'd be without a body, and as soon as an injury hit, we'd be in the same spot. So we needed to trade a body for a less expensive body. None of the 4th line guys make a enough to accomplish the goal. Trading a guy making 700k for a guy making 650k is pretty worthless.

So you have to look at our top 9. Gags Richards Knuble were never really going anywhere. Hartnell Carter Lupul has been our best line this year, and after a bit of juggling once Briere came back...the line always ends up back together. That leaves Upshall Briere Giroux on the 3rd line. Well Briere can't really be moved, and Giroux is who we are trying to keep. So it's really Upshall.

So we've decided it's Upshall...looking at that 3rd line what do we need? We need some size and some grit...and some skill of course. Briere and Giroux are not big guys, and Carcillo isn't really all that big but he does his job well. He brings what is needed to that line.

I'm willing to bet Homer knows he overpaid here. He overpaid to get the cap room he wanted, and he probably didn't want to trade Upshall, but he got the kind of player he wanted for that line as well. I'm pretty sure when he said to himself "Do I really care about my picks in 3 years right this second?" he realized...he has to do what is best for the team right now.

So we'll see how it works out. I think Flyers fans will love Carcillo, just as we loved Upshall. But will it make us a better team...I have no idea.
i think id rather ditch lupul, but i understand why it happened

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote