HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline '09

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Moe Mantha

vCash: 500
Just wanted to chime in that I also like having everything in one thread!

Old
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

vCash: 855
With the money saved on the Jokinen deal and the lack of news on Morris maybe Maloney is giving him one more call to see if a deal can still be worked out?

Just grasping at straws here...

Old
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

My guess is Philly's still trying to work out a way to free cap room.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:02 PM
indczn

I need a drink, not a whole lot making me feel warm and fuzzy.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Doubt it. He's not going to take any one year deal we can afford to offer. That's it.

NHL network is now saying the Rangers are talking to Phoenix about Morris. Welcome aboard Nigel Dawes!

Old
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
With the money saved on the Jokinen deal and the lack of news on Morris maybe Maloney is giving him one more call to see if a deal can still be worked out?

Giving who one more call to work a deal for who? You have the most cryptic posts sometimes dude!

Old
03-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Jakeman

Quote:

If Maloney doesn't get a good deal, I hope he just stays put. Morris will be a big loss to this team. I will puke if I have to see Hale fill in more for lost minutes due to Morris.

Who's going to be the coyotes backup? I smell a deal for a goalie(Clemmonson)

Old
03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
MP

Not a lot of time left. Hopefully some last-minute bidding going on for Morris, but my optimism has, in so many words, flagged.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pck21 View Post
Giving who one more call to work a deal for who? You have the most cryptic posts sometimes dude!
ummm, Morris.

Well, Morris' agent.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Not a lot of time left. Hopefully some last-minute bidding going on for Morris, but my optimism has, in so many words, flagged.
Maybe we got caught up in getting such a wonderfull return for Jokinen, that we forgot all about Morris.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Jakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Maybe we got caught up in getting such a wonderfull return for Jokinen, that we forgot all about Morris.
Keep Morris please! I believe he isn't appreciated around the NHL like he should be. His game has changed into a solid d-man with a great outlet pass out of his own end, the coyotes need him.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:11 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
ummm, Morris.

Well, Morris' agent.
Ah ok. I was like, "Who is calling who for what? The hell is going on?" I thought it was some sort of secret that I wasn't in on. I didn't get my decoder ring in the mail yet!

Old
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Doubt it. He's not going to take any one year deal we can afford to offer. That's it.

NHL network is now saying the Rangers are talking to Phoenix about Morris. Welcome aboard Nigel Dawes!
Open up your window, did you hear that? That was me screaming(*&^@*&(^UHIWHAT THE DFSDJSNDJN@!!!!!!!!

DeMo + that CAL 1st for Dubinsky?

Old
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

Not that I actually think it will happen, but Morris for Dubinsky would give us three, pretty good, pretty young, third line centers.

More likely, though, they have Sanguinetti doing okay in the minors. Anisimov is doing well and could be NHL ready. Kurt Sauer's little brother is in Hartford, too.

Last edited by rt: 03-04-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Jakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Open up your window, did you hear that? That was me screaming(*&^@*&(^UHIWHAT THE DFSDJSNDJN@!!!!!!!!

DeMo + that CAL 1st for Dubinsky?
Maloney is ultra sucking this trade deadline. Barnett 's results would've been better. Maloney must be blind and tired and can't read the fine text on his computer because he sure is hell is getting a beating handed to him in terms of value this trade deadline.

Old
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Not that I actually think it will happen, but Morris for Dubinsky would give us three, pretty good, pretty young, third line centers.
Dare to dream rt, dare to dream.

Old
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I think Maloney robbed the Flyers.

Old
03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Tbone54

I think the Morris trade was pretty horrendous... Maloney got spoon fed that one.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Flyers fan, wondering about Carcillo. Can I have a general scouting report. How's his skating, where do most of his PIM come from(except the majors ie roughing, hooking), if he was put with say Briere and Giroux could he put up some points, and what's his ceiling?

Old
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone54 View Post
I think the Morris trade was pretty horrendous... Maloney got spoon fed that one.
My STH rep called a little while ago, may be b/c I have't renewed yet. She is a sweet heart though, but she said GMDM called every one into the conference room and raved about the pick-ups, specific this NYR deal. Now I know they have to tote the company line, but I just about had an accident on the I10 when Gambo announced the DeMo trade.

Are their any shining spots from today, or did we get schooled all the way around? Carrillo by be addition by subtraction and Olli to boot. Kilinen may be serviceable. Pucha is a gamble, high risk-high reward. if he can reignite that rookie year then it's a steal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Flyers fan, wondering about Carcillo. Can I have a general scouting report. How's his skating, where do most of his PIM come from(except the majors ie roughing, hooking), if he was put with say Briere and Giroux could he put up some points, and what's his ceiling?
Danny is an energy guy, in more ways than one, a fan fav here. We had hopes that he could score 20 maybe 30 goals. But he's a head case, sometimes he just gets focused about his next fight and takes himself out of the play. His massive PIM last year were mainly due to pulling an extra 10 for mouthing off at the reffs. Something this yr he has simmered down on. FYI we Coyotes fans had a tradition of the "Carcillo Hat Trick" this would entail a goal, a fight and a 10 minute (could be a game or regular misconduct) Please continue the tradition...

Old
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
I think he could score quite a few goals on a line with those two. The general consensus with in the organization was that he had the potential to be a 20-30 goal scorer, I'm not quite sure they have the same opinion anymore. Most of his PIMs are from fights and misconducts, but sometimes he'll take some stupid minors. His tendency to let his emotions control him are what I think got him on the trade block.

Old
03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Well he showed glimpses of offensive potential at the end of last season when he scored a hat trick. It seems this year he's taken a step back but I think a lot of it had to do with coaching/management. They pretty much neutered him and he's just not effective in that state. Granted his wildness hurt the team at times but I think overall you're better off just letting him be his wild self!

I think the change of scenery will do well for Carcillo and the Philly fans are going to LOVE him. I mean absolutely LOVE him! If he can get the fire going again, I think he could be a regular 15g - 20a kinda player. Don't think of him as a goon, think of him as a Sean Avery type who doesn't turtle and isn't a ****** bag!

Old
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Well he showed glimpses of offensive potential at the end of last season when he scored 6 points in his final 3 games including a hat trick one night and a 2 goal effort the following night. It seems this year he's taken a step back but I think a lot of it had to do with coaching/management. They pretty much neutered him and he's just not effective in that state. Granted his wildness hurt the team at times but I think overall you're better off just letting him be his wild self!

I think the change of scenery will do well for Carcillo and the Philly fans are going to LOVE him. I mean absolutely LOVE him! If he can get the fire going again, I think he could be a regular 15g - 20a kinda player. Don't think of him as a goon, think of him as a Sean Avery type who doesn't turtle and isn't a ****** bag!

Enjoy: Carcillo knocks out Barch with 1 punch

Old
03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
indczn

This was so painful to endure without this support group. Every one of these trades leaves me disenfranchised.

If maloney was going to completely shatter the window of opportunity (next year and after) what the hell was the point of trading talent for a bunch of guys who never came close to what they were drafted to. Sure, they are roster players, but they pretty much all suck, and most probably wont be with the team next year. We went through the 3rd/4th line grinder suckfest last year. Now they are replaced with softer, fringier players.

Carcillo is the only one we got a decent return on, but I'd rather keep him, bad year or not. At least he isn't afraid of anything, including shooting the puck.

Maloney has a hell of a lot of work to do to make this roster competitive next year, assuming this organization exists.

Closed Thread