HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey not signing Komisarek during the season is a good thing!

Old
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
GoMarkov79

vCash: 500
Gainey not signing Komisarek during the season is a good thing!

A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)

GoMarkov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Pat

I think some team will offer him 5-6 million...and he'll take it

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:21 PM
3TB3*

the only way you sign any decent free agent or make a trade for someone is to:

offer more than the 2nd highest bidder does

something that gainey is too simple minded to be able to do

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

dosent make a diff

he isnt a 5 mil D

but he will get his money

F it

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

His market value right now is barely about 2-2.5M a season the way he is playing, he is absolutely abysmal.

6'4 240lbs defensive defenseman who never drops the gloves anymore, still blocks some shots and does some hits, but not at a jaw dropping pace he did last year. Let's not even go into his brain farts with the puck, he has a tonne of giveaways (fine if your Markov, because you create as much as you give away) but defensive types CANNOT make these mistakes.. If they are defensive, they are paid to make smart and simple decisions, something Komisarek in 08-09 has been COMPLETELY incapable of doing.

But like others have seen, some idiot (likely in New York) will pay him 5-6M per season. Let them. It's just a shame we could have probably traded him for a first round pick or a decent prospect, and we will get the Souray treatment.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
RE-HABS

Well let some team sign him for 5-6 million because he isn't worth that money.

If a guy like Kuba can be signed for 3 years for 11 plus I think that sets the bar for Komisarek.

He is a one dimensional defensive dman and has been awful the second half.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Captain Saku

komisarek is as bad as brisebois right now and that says a lot

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Melvin Udall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I think some team will offer him 5-6 million...and he'll take it

Agree 100%

Komiserik has not been the same player since Lucic gave him a severe butt kicking - trust me - Gainey will (likely) over pay him!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:35 PM
habdynasty

hamerlik is not much better

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:36 PM
JAVO16

If he's not planning on re-signing him, then not trading him was a capital error. I do however think that Komo is in our plans for better or worse.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Well let some team sign him for 5-6 million because he isn't worth that money.

If a guy like Kuba can be signed for 3 years for 11 plus I think that sets the bar for Komisarek.

He is a one dimensional defensive dman and has been awful the second half.
he'll be worth the money NEXT year when he's out of here.

just like ryder who gainey nickeled and dimed and played that same way last year. komisarek is doing the same. and he will get the money.

gainey has destroyed this team. 5 wasted years and lose all those free agents worth the most in july with no ovechkins or crosbys in the minors.

first change id start with

fire this totally worthless gm and now

Old
03-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Kirk Muller

Right now i have very little concern whether he stays or goes. Its very obvious Montreal needs a legit 1-2 defenseman come off season.

Basically you have Markov and six 4-7 defenseman. That ain't going to cut it but of course this team decided to spend all its money on forwards last off season.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Iwishihadacup

or maybe its the opposite?

maybe he plays like crap because he don't know if he will re-sign?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

He's just plain terrible right now...

But, Redden did get paid. So unless GMs learn from the mistakes of others (something I doubt will happen), he will get paid a ridiculous amount.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:50 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)
your kidding right? Komisarek will get over 5 million....potentially as high as 6

they likely will lose him with this stupid, brainless, retarded policy

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
your kidding right? Komisarek will get over 5 million....potentially as high as 6

Old
03-04-2009, 09:03 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:

Old
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
3TB3*

WOW DID YOU SEE THE PLAYERS THAT WERE TRADED THIS DEADLINE? ALMOST NONE ARE IMPACT PLAYERS AND GAINEY DIDN'T WANT TO JEAPORDIZE THE FUTURE FOR A SHORT TERM FIX...

If the defense is the shadow of themselves and Carey Price can't make a save to SAVE his life, how is that Gainey's fault. It's the same team we had last year minus Streit, and we added Schneider to replace him

=====

the deadline? gainey could have made trades from november 1 on! this was the team he himself assembled. btw- schneider he could have picked up on waivers and not give up any draft picks for him when he cleared anaheims waivers- another dumb move of his as he had lots of cap space then. no one told him to go out and get bouillion and brisebois but himself.

the worst gm in the nhl himself ruined price when he traded huet away putting all the pressure on the 20 year old.

a star for canada - wins calder cup for hamilton then the coaching wannabees and friends of gainey and gainey destroy his confidence here.

listen to the dimwit talk to the press trying to show them how smart he is.

Last edited by Darz: 03-05-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: language
Old
03-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I think Komo's injuries are responsible for this season. But if he's re-signed and still sucks, well he's just another Hab 1st round bust/disappointment. We could take Malkin and make him average, that's how bad our coaching systems have been.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
LeMAD

Komisarek gets at least 5M for sure, whatever happens until the end of the season. He wasn't good this year, he wasn't last year either, but right now we only have three Dmen next year in Markov, Hamrlik and Gorges, and no one ready in the minors. Will we see Henry or Belle in the starting lineup next year?

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
I think Komo's injuries are responsible for this season. But if he's re-signed and still sucks, well he's just another Hab 1st round bust/disappointment. We could take Malkin and make him average, that's how bad our coaching systems have been.
cheap gillette never would NE V ER have paid malkin after paying crosby.

Old
03-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
WOW DID YOU SEE THE PLAYERS THAT WERE TRADED THIS DEADLINE? ALMOST NONE ARE IMPACT PLAYERS AND GAINEY DIDN'T WANT TO JEAPORDIZE THE FUTURE FOR A SHORT TERM FIX... You're not the GM, so shut the **** up.

If the defense is the shadow of themselves and Carey Price can't make a save to SAVE his life, how is that Gainey's fault. It's the same ****ING team we had last minus minus Streit, and we added Schneider to replace him

=====

the deadline? gainey could have made trades from november 1 on! this was the team he himself assembled. btw- schneider he could have picked up on waivers and not give up any draft picks for him when he cleared anaheims waivers- another dumb move of his as he had lots of cap space then. no one told him to go out and get bouillion and brisebois but himself.

the worst gm in the nhl himself ruined price when he traded huet away putting all the pressure on the 20 year old.

a star for canada - wins calder cup for hamilton then the coaching wannabees and friends of gainey and gainey destroy his confidence here.

listen to the dimwit talk to the press trying to show them how smart he is.
This is what I really dont get. Somebody please explain to me how trading a prospect and/or a pick jeopardizes our future? We have a full Farm, college and junior players, i read somewhere that we have 13 of 14 draft picks in the next 2 years. Somebody explain to me why we cannot offer and even overpay for that star player that we have been missing. I just dont get it. Maybe something will happen after the season but god damn. Trading a pick or two doesn't cripple your franchise.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Komisarek gets at least 5M for sure, whatever happens until the end of the season. He wasn't good this year, he wasn't last year either, but right now we only have three Dmen next year in Markov, Hamrlik and Gorges, and no one ready in the minors. Will we see Henry or Belle in the starting lineup next year?
and frankly those guys in Hamilton probably couldn't do much worse than we are seeing from Hammer, Komo, Gorges, and Brisebois right now.

also, at this point you have question coaching because these guys aren't as bad as this and Montreal's coaches can't seem to fix any problems. I see better defensive coverage and less turnovers by the freaking Islanders and they have no body essentially on their back line.

Old
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Next Best Thing*

funny thing is I posted in the PGT without even realizing there was this thread and I said he doesn't deserve more than 3.5, good stuff... Komisarek pissed the whole season away.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
This is what I really dont get. Somebody please explain to me how trading a prospect and/or a pick jeopardizes our future? We have a full Farm, college and junior players, i read somewhere that we have 13 of 14 draft picks in the next 2 years. Somebody explain to me why we cannot offer and even overpay for that star player that we have been missing. I just dont get it. Maybe something will happen after the season but god damn. Trading a pick or two doesn't cripple your franchise.
its not that they can't make a deal its that this organization is completely gun shy to make that big deal since trading Roy.

They could have easily gotten Lecavalier, they could have gotten Kovalchuk but no GM in the past 15 years wants to put their stamp on the team which is why we keep seeing these recycled castoffs from other teams year after year.