HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Agree to terms with Chad Wiseman

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Yizee*

vCash: 500
5 pages?

Why is there 5 pages for Chad Wiseman? What is so special about him

Old
08-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
4 1/2 pages of useless bickering.

and i read every post...

Old
08-22-2004, 10:01 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiu22
4 1/2 pages of useless bickering.

and i read every post...
Don't bang your head against the wall, Fotiu22.

Rumor has it that there'll be an essay question about this thread on the HFBoards NY Ranger midterm.

Old
08-23-2004, 08:38 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
Um...you couldn't be more wrong. Chad was drafted by San Jose in 2000, and played in the org for 2 years, 2001-02 and 2002-03. Last season was his third and the last year of his entry level contract. That is why he was up for re-signing.
Exactly. He has 3 years of experience compared to 45 games for Moore.

Old
08-23-2004, 08:56 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
Don't bang your head against the wall, Fotiu22.

Rumor has it that there'll be an essay question about this thread on the HFBoards NY Ranger midterm.

Next weeks topic, Craig Weller and the heel curve, a roundtable discussion..

2,500 word and/or 5 pages MINIMUM by next friday people..

Old
08-23-2004, 10:09 AM
melisa

"Exactly. He has 3 years of experience compared to 45 games for Moore."

Means nothing. Moore being soft, horrible in the corners and horrific defensively has nothing to do with experience. Wiseman is a much better player. Period.

I don't know why people here can't accept that.

Old
08-23-2004, 10:17 AM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
Exactly. He has 3 years of experience compared to 45 games for Moore.
Where are you getting 45 from? Moore played 70 games with the Pack.

Old
08-23-2004, 10:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa

Means nothing. Moore being soft, horrible in the corners and horrific defensively has nothing to do with experience. Wiseman is a much better player. Period.

Maybe because people have their opinions.

Old
08-23-2004, 10:33 AM
barnaby63

Quote:

Moore is horrible defensivly? The guy is one of the best 2-way fowards to come out of college the last few years, and if he was as bad as you seem to think he was maybe something was wrong? I mean, for all of this crying for a rebuild you are ready to write off a 23-24 year old prospect after 70 AHL games?

And Wisemans experience over Moore does mean something, ALOT. When a player enters a new league they need time to adjust.

Why else are prospects given a grace period when they leave juniors and college and go to the AHL and then again in there first few games in the NHL? Because they need to adjust.

Old
08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
melisa

I could care less about Moore's defense in college. Against the big boys in the AHL he was useless. Nobody is writing him off but I'm sure not going to sit there and say he's better then Wiseman who is a much more complete hockey player.

Stop using that shaking head garbage also. You say that you're a big Poti supporter. I think that would bring you 100 shake head smiles from this board. You seem to be a big supporter of poor defensive, offensive types Barnaby. We haven't won and will never win with a lot of those.

I wouldn't trade Poti for an enforcer but I also realize that unless the guy is going to be a 50 point, clutch offensive defenseman there isn't much point in keeping him. He is so bad defensively that he would have to get 50 point every year and really make a quite a few clutch offensive plays.

Moore and Lundmark both are soft along the boards. Both are bad defensively and both don't have a ton of offensive skill. Lundmark and Moore are both vastly overrated by this board. It speaks volumes that Ortmeyer was 10 times more valuable to our team then Lundmark was. I suspect Wiseman will be a similar player with a little more offense and little less defense to Ortmeyer.

Last edited by melisa: 08-23-2004 at 11:51 AM.
Old
08-23-2004, 01:15 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
I could care less about Moore's defense in college. Against the big boys in the AHL he was useless. Nobody is writing him off but I'm sure not going to sit there and say he's better then Wiseman who is a much more complete hockey player.

Stop using that shaking head garbage also. You say that you're a big Poti supporter. I think that would bring you 100 shake head smiles from this board. You seem to be a big supporter of poor defensive, offensive types Barnaby. We haven't won and will never win with a lot of those.

I wouldn't trade Poti for an enforcer but I also realize that unless the guy is going to be a 50 point, clutch offensive defenseman there isn't much point in keeping him. He is so bad defensively that he would have to get 50 point every year and really make a quite a few clutch offensive plays.

Moore and Lundmark both are soft along the boards. Both are bad defensively and both don't have a ton of offensive skill. Lundmark and Moore are both vastly overrated by this board. It speaks volumes that Ortmeyer was 10 times more valuable to our team then Lundmark was. I suspect Wiseman will be a similar player with a little more offense and little less defense to Ortmeyer.

Everyone has their opinions, no matter how much they seem illogical to the other person. I respect you for taking the minority opinion in the thread as well.

I think we both can agree on hoping Wiseman, Moore and Lundmark all reach their potential.

Old
08-23-2004, 01:41 PM
TKLOOCH22

Quote:
I suspect Wiseman will be a similar player with a little more offense and little less defense to Ortmeyer.
While Ortmeyer is no big time prospect, Wiseman has NO shot of giving what Ortmeyer gave to this team. Ortmeyer's defense, hustle, and checking should not be compared with Chad Wiseman. Once again, have you seen Ranger hockey lately? Wiseman is offensive. He is one dimensional and at times pops out of nowhere to create offense. Thats his bread and butter. I dont see Wiseman bringing at all what Ortmeyer did.

And all my ranting for a 26 year old, third liner in Ortmeyer. The obsession with Wisemans gotta stop, lol.

Old
08-23-2004, 04:50 PM
melisa

At this point I think it is amazing we have this many post on Wiseman. I vote we keep going till they play hockey. How amazing would it be to talk about the future NHL star Chad Wiseman till hockey starts?

Old
08-23-2004, 05:18 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Actually, I don't really understand the whole thing about Moore, either. I thought he played pretty well offensively and defensively from what I heard while listening to the games. I always listen to the pre-game and post-game shows, as well. Bob Crawford is very informative, and I trust his opinions and views on players.

(But Fotiu22 is right...there is a lot of bickering going on now. Unfortunately, this thread got way off topic, and I think it should be closed already.)

Old
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
melisa

I didn't see Moore as much as I would have liked but he was lousy when I did seem him. He stunk in the playoffs.

Old
08-23-2004, 06:57 PM
TKLOOCH22

Truce. I'm out, lol. What can we talk about next. After 2 months of no hockey due to lockout, I vote to bring this thread up again. It sure passed time, haha.

Old
08-25-2004, 07:38 AM
melisa

I will not let this post die. Especially when we all know Wiseman will be better then Moore.

Old
08-25-2004, 08:17 AM
True Blue

I just cannot believe it. This many pages on what is essentially a pair of fringe 4th liners, who can work real hard and become 3rd liners?

Old
08-25-2004, 08:22 AM
melisa

Funny that a system which had no grinder prospects now has so many that some will be released or packaged over the next couple years.

Old
08-27-2004, 01:23 PM
melisa

There is no way we can let this thread move down

Closed Thread