HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey not signing Komisarek during the season is a good thing!

Old
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
your kidding right? Komisarek will get over 5 million....potentially as high as 6

they likely will lose him with this stupid, brainless, retarded policy
wow, go to bed

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:22 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
To be honest, if the team plays more like they did tonight, I don't really think a trade would help them. Jokinen was the guy that the Habs were hyped about landing, but it seems like they could really use some defensive help.

danboulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:23 PM
MTL-rules

I just ****ing hope he won't turn out to be another Rivet, because he looks a lot like him right now and if he signs for 4mil+ that's going to be ****ing expensive for this type of player...

Right now, I would make a run at Beauchemin instead of him for a similar contract...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danboulie View Post
Jokinen was the guy that the Habs were hyped about landing, but it seems like they could really use some defensive help.
no gainey the moron gm said the habs were not interested in him

and as for defensive help youre right but it has been obvious to all but stevie wonder and gainey for at least the last 3 years.

he the great hockey mind thinks brisebois and bouillion are 2 fine nhl defensemen

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:34 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Irish View Post
Agree 100%

Komiserik has not been the same player since Lucic gave him a severe butt kicking - trust me - Gainey will (likely) over pay him!

mmmm. we've been over this. Reeeally not much of a severe butt kicking, more importantly was his shoulder injury sustained in that fight. Why do people love to turn to hyperbole when it comes to that Lucic incident, I just don't get it? Kosto and co. have gotten much worse but nobody notices/cares/it's not important. Anyway, KomisArEk has sucked huge lately, like a broken record with those right board giveaways, but I actually think Gorges has sucked even more and I feel like b**** slapping him and his bff. Then again they aren't being paid that much. Then again they are awful and I'm super pissed at the moment... breathe..breathe

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
its not that they can't make a deal its that this organization is completely gun shy to make that big deal since trading Roy.

They could have easily gotten Lecavalier, they could have gotten Kovalchuk but no GM in the past 15 years wants to put their stamp on the team which is why we keep seeing these recycled castoffs from other teams year after year.
Ugh, its so frustrating. Its great to have a GM that is conservative and thinks things through etc ... but man, i think there has to be at least one time where you go, **** it, im going to throw them these prospects and picks and im going out to get a star player. We have the assets, i dont get why we dont use them.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:39 PM
kobe

Komisarek is so overrated in Montreal it's not funny.......... and once again Gainey will overpay for him.

kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Ugh, its so frustrating. Its great to have a GM that is conservative and thinks things through etc ... but man, i think there has to be at least one time where you go, **** it, im going to throw them these prospects and picks and im going out to get a star player. We have the assets, i dont get why we dont use them.
wont have those assets in july. at least half those free agents will be gone probably the better ones. the young players are plain and simple - just young players - only possible star habs had was price until gainey and his incompetant friends ruined him.

gainey should have been fired yesterday. and the janitor at the bell centre would have done a better job today as the new gm.

Old
03-04-2009, 09:49 PM
StanleyCH25

lol @ armchair GMs

StanleyCH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:50 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77 View Post
lol @ armchair GMs
that's who got the job now

he talks about trades with other gms on the telephone the genius gainey told the press today

Old
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...230/story.html

Gainey speaks about getting an impact centre:
“We’ve always been in pursuit of that type of player. We haven’t been able to bring one in, as yet. But there’s more than one way to win.

Look at the Canadiens team that won (the Stanley Cup) in 1993. They didn’t have the players they needed, but they had the team on the ice that was able to compete and overcome their deficiencies or weaknesses as a team and play to their strengths.”

Needless to say, he's pretty darn optimistic.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...230/story.html

Gainey speaks about getting an impact centre:
“We’ve always been in pursuit of that type of player. We haven’t been able to bring one in, as yet. But there’s more than one way to win.

Look at the Canadiens team that won (the Stanley Cup) in 1993. They didn’t have the players they needed, but they had the team on the ice that was able to compete and overcome their deficiencies or weaknesses as a team and play to their strengths.”

Needless to say, he's pretty darn optimistic.
yet? he's been here almost 6 years now!

Old
03-04-2009, 09:59 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
that's who got the job now

he talks about trades with other gms on the telephone the genius gainey told the press today
Ummm.. no. Gainey is a GM not an armchair GM. His decisions actually matter while as ours mean nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, Schneider was an excellent pickup and he got him for cheap ahead of this bust of a deadline. The only player I would have cared for is Jokinen and it looks like Calgary had the cap space and offer that Phoenix was looking for. I mean, seriously, this is practically the same team as last year except for Streit being gone and Tanguay being added. We picked up Schneider to fill Streit's role (a shot on the point) and Tanguay should be back soon. Unfortunately Lang is injured but everything else is pretty much identical so who says this team can't turn it around. They're struggling. Everyone is struggling. Then again, we've struggled with injuries all year long which was not an issue last year. Who knows if most of these players are playing at 100%. I doubt it considering how many injuries we've had.

Old
03-04-2009, 10:02 PM
3TB3*

"At no time, Gainey said, was he anxious to move players. He likes the depth at all positions, the crisis (his word) of a losing skid turned around, a power play bolstered by Schneider and a grinding depth added up front with Metropolit."

--

He deserves to lose his job if if he's wrong! And he is!

Old
03-04-2009, 10:08 PM
3TB3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77 View Post
Ummm.. no. Gainey is a GM not an armchair GM. His decisions actually matter while as ours mean nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, Schneider was an excellent pickup and he got him for cheap ahead of this bust of a deadline.
say what?

he could have picked him up off waivers as he cleared them when anaheim placed him on them early last fall. and not lose 2 draft choices for him. gainey had the capspace then.

and could have made other trades too or signed real free agents last summer not larocque. or the oither years. or the other trade deadlines.

youre right his stupid decisions will cost the habs a playoff berth. the only reason he keeps his job is because montreal hockey fans love hockey and fill the rink whether the gm is an idiot or a fool.

Old
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
panayiotis

3.5 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)
You wanna bet.......He will get his money dude.....You will lose him for nothing. Sounds familiar.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
say what?

he could have picked him up off waivers as he cleared them when anaheim placed him on them early last fall. and not lose 2 draft choices for him. gainey had the capspace then.

and could have made other trades too or signed real free agents last summer not larocque. or the oither years. or the other trade deadlines.

youre right his stupid decisions will cost the habs a playoff berth. the only reason he keeps his job is because montreal hockey fans love hockey and fill the rink whether the gm is an idiot or a fool.
First of all, he only lost 1 draft pick as there is a draft pick coming back and if what you say is true (not making the playoffs) than the draft pick coming back is a very early 3rd round pick. Second of all, he saved money by waiting to pick him up at the deadline rather than pay him 5.5 million for the whole season.

Third of all, everyone was crying for an enforcer last year (maybe you weren't but most fans were) since everyone felt that other teams were taking liberties with our smallish players. Gainey went out and got the best enforcer there was at the time (Laraque) who just happened to be dealing with a groin injury all year. Hindsight is telling us this wasn't the best decision so far but he's there to keep the other team honest and is there for the playoffs so who knows how this one will truly turn out.

Finally, you keep assuming that other options exist just for the fact that other teams were able to get certain players. If Hossa turns down a better deal from Pittsburgh to go play for Detroit, what makes you think that any player would choose to sign with Montreal knowing how fickle the fans are rather than sign for another team where he can earn as much or more money and not worry about being booed? You assume Gainey missed out on deals without knowing this for a fact. I assume that Gainey made the moves that were available to him (hence Tanguay, Lang, Laraque and Schneider).

Last edited by StanleyCH25: 03-04-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Doc McKenna

If Komi gets a dollar over 4 million let him walk, higgins shouldn't make over 3 If you think they will make more than this on the open market give me some of what you are having. Higgins still has potential, but holy cow Komi couldn't play worse. Breeze looks better(I can't believe I just typed that) Picks or not, the guy isn't worth more than 4, and that is being generous given his play for 75% of the year.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
OneSharpMarble

Sign him or risk losing the only player who gives a damn for nothing. If Gainey loses Komi to ufa he will be fired, I call it right now. There is about 29 teams licking their chops at the thought of getting him.

It was said best on tsn that leaving these guys as ufa's all season creates a bad attitude in the locker room. No one knows if they are coming or going so they dont play as a team.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I think some team will offer him 5-6 million...and he'll take it
Now which team would be so stupid to do.................

Enter Brian Burke and the Toronto Mapleleafs.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
mabus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)
I'll say this as bluntly as I can... Komisarek is one of the leagues best defensive defensmen. Top 10 EASILY. He is usually among the league leaders in blocked shots, and is a massive physical presence when he's on his game. He's also a huge leadership presence in the dressing room.

He's not going to sign for 3.5 mill. You're dreaming in technicolor there, and we'd take a massive hit if we lost him.

mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
OneSharpMarble

We lose Komi we are back to square one, we have NOBODY that will fill his physical presence and take the body like Komi. You thought we got manhandled before just wait.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Doc McKenna

Is this the same Mike Komisarek that has been playing on the habs since january? The one that is undressed everynight, or the one that throws soft passes up the boards to the other teams dmen. Because I can't see how Brian McCabe-esque play is going to net Markov money when you generate NO offense. Look at the people that he compares to, most of their salaries are 3-3.5 regher only gets 3.75 and I would rather have him than Komi.

There is no way he earns 5 million. If gainey DOES hire him for more than 5 than BOB GAINEY should be fired....the cap is going down to 48 million in 2010 or did you guys forget. You can't have 3 dmen making 20 million dollars on a 48 million cap. Esp when 2 of them haven't put up 40 points together.

This will be Breeze all over when he got his 4.75 contract.

Last edited by Doc McKenna: 03-05-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabus View Post
I'll say this as bluntly as I can... Komisarek is one of the leagues best defensive defensmen. Top 10 EASILY. He is usually among the league leaders in blocked shots, and is a massive physical presence when he's on his game. He's also a huge leadership presence in the dressing room.

He's not going to sign for 3.5 mill. You're dreaming in technicolor there, and we'd take a massive hit if we lost him.
what... the... ****...

I don't know if that is habs homerism or plain ignorance. Even healthy Komisarek is nowhere near top 10 this season.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Hab-a-maniac

You just can't win if you're Gainey unless you have already signed him. But he didn't and now his bed is made. So going forward, if he traded Komo at this deadline, people would have freaked (just like with Rivet even though it turned out to be smart and the reaction if Souray was traded which he wasn't much to the chagrin of Monday morning quarterbacks who were upset when he signed elsewhere). If Komo is signed at an inflated price by us in the off-season, people will call Gainey an idiot. If someone else does that, Gainey's an even bigger idiot and that grows if Komi regains his form. Really, there's no pleasing the up-in-arms Hab fanbase at this point.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote