HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: lol....

Old
03-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
He may have played well on Koivu's left, but he'd be killer on his right with Tanguay on the left.
I agree TheCH, I never understood why AKost and Tanguay were switched from their normal positions when paired with Koivu.

03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Craig71

I haven't been here long but I do love this site and I have learned one thing, positive or negative, there are some very dedicated Habs fans on here, I don't agree with everything but alot of things I do. . Today I am disappointed in montreal, I sat and watched alot of useless trade deadline coverage pass by, I kept thinking, maybe just maybe, Bob Gainey would do something but nothing happened, can the montreal leadership honestly look at this team and say we are in good shape? Tonight we did not have Yaroslav Halak to bail us out, and the reality of one of our goalies not being to 'steal' a win was a 5-1 loss. If Halak does not stand on his head in those four wins, we would be still in a terrible slump, people we didn't look good in those four games, we just had a hot goalie and thats it. Maybe Mr Gainey didn't do a deal to bail out some of the lazy assed millionaires we have floating around on the ice, or maybe he plans in not re-signing alot of these guys because he does not like what this has turned into, publicly he will say "we will go forward with what we have" but privately I think he believes that this is not the lineup to deliver what we need, hence not trying to re- sign anyone during the season. I hate to accept a first round departure, but honestly how can we expect any different?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
They said on TSN he has the green light, they're just waiting for him to be in game shape.
It's crunch time for us. If the doctors clear him then he should be automatically in game shape.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
How about it coming down the last game of the regular season and having to win to make the playoffs, and losing...this year that would be Pittsburgh.

The year Toronto did it still gives me nightmares.....that may have been the darkest day in Habs history.
I was at that game in T.O., for me that was the darkest day in Habs history.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
It's crunch time for us. If the doctors clear him then he should be automatically in game shape.
Until three hours ago, we were riding a four game winning streak and just beat the beast team in the league.

Carbo likely saw no reason to rush him... and honestly, that's not necessarily the wrong call. No need to throw him in too fast and get him rehurt when the team is playing well.

Of course, then this happened.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Here's the guy I wished Gainey had of picked up today. I think he could have even played with Kovalev....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5OFJ2o7P4

Roof of Daddy....too funny.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Want Carbo fired too?

Claimed on waivers.
Not if it's a conditioning stint. They've done it with O'Byrne.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:03 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I don't think they can do that. He has played a good 12 or 13 games or so since injury, and he said he was 100% when he came back. Injury is not his problem, his problem is between his ears!
Price's injury seems to have set him back though since he is not the same player that he was before the injury....

I think you are correct though...Price's injury right now is between his ears plus I don't think the players in front of him have any confidence in him right now....

Send the kid home to his parents and away from the Habs for a week or so in hopes they can knock some sense into him...Hopefully this is only the dreaded sophomore slump and he rebounds next season....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
AlexCap

This is how I would go for Friday

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Metropolit-D'Agostini
Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopolos

Markov-Gorges
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Schneider-Komisarek

Halak

-----

No point on talking about what they should have required as they didn't so we'll go with the best possibilities of the team we have.

I think this potentially gives us four solid lines.

Metropolit is a key for us the rest of the year as if there are no injuries, he is likely to play with two potentially solid wingers. I would reunite the Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopolous line as they were our best before Latendresse's injury. Playing with Higgins & D'Agostini gives Metropolit a chance to make something happen offensively.

Kostitsyn MUST play RW. If you watch him, any nice play he makes is when he comes from the right side. He cuts in front and shoots, similar to Zednik prior to getting nailed by McLaren in the playoffs. Plekanek and Kovalev can benefit from a player who can go into the corners and play with an edge. Pacioretty can do it and has the skill to complement them.

I'm not sure if Schneider has played RD his entire career, but if he can play LD (being a left shot) maybe he can help out Komisarek. Georges and Markov played well together when Komisarek got injured and Hamrlik and O'Byrne were solid last season, hopefully something can happen there again.

I hate to say it, but it might be time for Price to go down to Hamilton for a little while. You can talk about all the goals tonight potentially not being his fault, but this is not the same goalie that started the season. Its all in his head and he needs to get out of it. We don't have the luxury to let him do it in the NHL and its no point

AlexCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Here's the guy I wished Gainey had of picked up today. I think he could have even played with Kovalev....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et5OFJ2o7P4

Roof of Daddy....too funny.
"I am hockey star, I have my own car"

Old
03-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I was at that game in T.O., for me that was the darkest day in Habs history.
Wow...being there would have added to the crappiness tenfold.

Sometimes even beer can't clear the memory of that game....I take small comfort in the fact that the Leafs didn't make it either. I think NJ started their backup and the Islanders won in O/T...if I remember correctly.

Old
Astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I havent been able to get on the boards since around 1pm. Was it just me, or everyone had the same problem?
same here...i recon it was a trade deadline day CRASH! Appropriate given tonights performance from les Habs.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lucius

Quote:

Sometimes even beer can't clear the memory of that game....I take small comfort in the fact that the Leafs didn't make it either. I think NJ started their backup and the Islanders won in O/T...if I remember correctly.
Yeah, Scott Clemmensen ironically. He did such a good job eliminating Toronto from the playoffs, that the Laughs signed him!

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
HabFan1975

Gainey has faith in this teams
that explains how competent he is
Higgins is a third line grinder at best
Carbo
when asked about the huge amount of shots against he says he only looks at scoring chances, yet tonight when asked about all the chances Buffalo had in the slot he says they only had 27 shots? Fire this ****in monkey already
Komisarek
Gorges, now I understand why SJ got rid of him
Brisebois wow just wow
thats half of our defensive unit playin like ****
Offense ??? where is it?
Boivin promises a Star player, we got Janik from the Stars.
Gainey said he will replace Lang who is replacing Sundin who was supposed to replace Lecavalier. wich plan are we at now? C-D-E ???
happy mother ****in 100th
that is all

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:06 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I haven't been here long but I do love this site and I have learned one thing, positive or negative, there are some very dedicated Habs fans on here, I don't agree with everything but alot of things I do. . Today I am disappointed in montreal, I sat and watched alot of useless trade deadline coverage pass by, I kept thinking, maybe just maybe, Bob Gainey would do something but nothing happened, can the montreal leadership honestly look at this team and say we are in good shape? Tonight we did not have Yaroslav Halak to bail us out, and the reality of one of our goalies not being to 'steal' a win was a 5-1 loss. If Halak does not stand on his head in those four wins, we would be still in a terrible slump, people we didn't look good in those four games, we just had a hot goalie and thats it. Maybe Mr Gainey didn't do a deal to bail out some of the lazy assed millionaires we have floating around on the ice, or maybe he plans in not re-signing alot of these guys because he does not like what this has turned into, publicly he will say "we will go forward with what we have" but privately I think he believes that this is not the lineup to deliver what we need, hence not trying to re- sign anyone during the season. I hate to accept a first round departure, but honestly how can we expect any different?
If this is the case, why doesn't he simply dump these players and get young players and draft pick back?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

It was brutal, plus I couldn't really drink because I had to drive home after the game. I live just outside of Toronto, so I was ragged about the loss for the whole off-season.

Old
03-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I don't think nothing was done about it. It was a crash the net scenario and on the replay we saw what happened (I doubt any of you knew anything until you saw it), and I believe it was still when the game was 0-0 or 1-0, so can't immediately go headhunting (who knew they would eventually get pps that would kill us so easily), elbow wasn't intentional but guys were trying to dish out hits, they just...couldn't. Komi roughed up Kuleta at some point and Gorges provided Price with moral support and suicide passes leading to goals (all in good fun). I was more pissed about Laraque not going after (Gaustad?) after the hit on Kovy early in the game that was called for interference. Pleky and Akost actually tried to stand up, but what good is that? Good game by Pleky IMO, not just the goal. His passes weren't being finished by Kovy or Kosty (whiffff).
B.S. 0-0 or 9-0...if a team takes a run at your goalie you go after him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
turning point was when they crashed Price and no one really did anything about it ....

and the missed PP chances

and don't get me started with Higgins and Price....useless

but I really liked what I saw from Paccioretti and Lapierre again.
Great observation. I watched the game and if anyone had tried that crap on Roy the whole team would have let them have it. I cannot believe Montreal did nothing at all there...what kind of message do you think that sends to a)Other teams b) Price?

You will see him run all through the playoffs if he is your starter, and he was shaken up so it worked.

I just watched Philly beat up on Boston and after watching tonight's game where Buffalo had their way physically with Montreal I wouldn't want to be in a best of seven with them if I was Montreal.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
MathMan

Please do keep in mind that player-for-player, the current roster is weaker than last year's.

That wasn't the plan. Tanguay, Lang, and Latendresse were supposed to be on this roster. That's an entire scoring line.

The goaltending issue, now, that was a gamble.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
It was brutal, plus I couldn't really drink because I had to drive home after the game. I live just outside of Toronto, so I was ragged about the loss for the whole off-season.
Oh, man, that would have sucked hard......couldn't even crawl into a bottle...yikes.

Ah, well, makes tonight look not so bad doesn't it?

Old
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
RE-HABS

They left Price out to defend himself tonight, left him out to hang and dry in the wind.

No one stood up for him when Paille drove the net and hit him, our PP was awful, passing was awful, shoots on net were poor percentage and there was no traffic in front and no one on top of rebounds where goals are usually scored.

This game was not Price's fault.

Our D looked brutal and it looks bad on Bob for not doing something.

Our forwards came out strong, lots of shots, winning battles on the boards and winning faceoffs...but they didn't capitalize on that and build on it...it was huge let down.

I'm sorry, but this team must have felt well deadline is done so I'm safe and don't need to worry anymore!

Pathetic tonight is the word that describes the team in front of Price and Halak.

Such a game to me is even more pressure on Price and a even bigger confidence crusher.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:11 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Where's Ozymandias?
Obviously hard at work conjuring up more excuses. That's his 5 day a week job, then he shows up here for the remaining 2 in order to enlighten us all.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Habs178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
He was by no means having a good game, good goalies stop some shots they're not supposed to, but I don't know what you were watching.

Roy's first goal bounced a couple times, into a crowd and was swatted home. The only way he saves that is blind luck.

Roy's second goal was turnover/pass/one-timer to outside post. Again, no real chance.

The third goal probably could have been saved, but was a rocket.

The fourth goal deflected off Kovalev's stick, went wide, and was deflected again back in. The angles made it pretty impossible to save.

The fifth goal was a good move on a breakaway.

Again, star goalies find a way, so no excuses, but no goal tonight was terrible and at least three were completely impossible.

I don't agree...but whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only one. He should've had 3 of the first 4...IMO.

Habs178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:13 PM
sheed36

So what happens when Halak turns in 2 stinkers in a row? Will it be the end of the world?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:14 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
Obviously hard at work conjuring up more excuses. That's his 5 day a week job, then he shows up here for the remaining 2 in order to enlighten us all.
Yah, I forgot. He only has "access" to a computer 2 days a week. He's just stepped into the 90's.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:15 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Not quite, but I am closer to jumping on that bandwagon then I was yesterday.
Check out his post-game comments, he clearly does not even know where to begin fixing this mess.

Agreed about Higgins though, he was hustling and shouldn't be blamed for much of anything in a 5-1 loss. The D was a joke, the team toughness was non-existent, and our lines and their roles are ass-backwards.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote