HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/TOR] Antropov to Rangers for 2nd + conditional 2010 pick

Old
03-05-2009, 01:04 AM
zeke
#freewilly

vCash: 500
I know that nobody thought Dominic Moore would get as much in return as Nik Antropov.

I can guarantee one thing - Antropov will have a bigger impact that any of the other players who were traded for a 2nd today.

Great deal for the Rags. They gave up a 2nd rounder, and now have a new top scorer on their team.

zeke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:04 AM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by awright1393 View Post
troll. ignore.
He's a Hawks fan who probably didn't even follow hockey until last year. Perhaps he could contribute in a baseball discussion.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:06 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
He's a Hawks fan who probably didn't even follow hockey until last year. Perhaps he could contribute in a baseball discussion.
thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna block him I'm just waiting to see his responses first.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:08 AM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
as satisfying as watching the hole deadline with the rumours of JayBo to Van and what did you get to see? Nothing. So now you come on the boards looking to make noise about the leafs. Maybe next year you'll be able to talk about your own team on deadline day.
You mean taking off a top 4 defenseman, prospect and first for a player we can sign in the offseason for zero assets? I was quite satisfied with what happened. The fact Bouwmeester stayed in Florida and didn't go to another NHL team is very good news for the Canucks.

I'm not trying to troll, but there was so much coverage and so many insulting opinions about anyone who dared say Burke wasn't going to get a chest o' loot, it's worth revisiting the past discussion.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
lefty2time*

I thought "no way Antro is going to get a 1st"

I was right.
I hate it when people use comparisons like "hey..so and so got a 1st last year" etc. I dont care who got what in the past This is Antropov.....average second line player that doesnt bring a lot of intangibles such as pking...grit...playoff exp... He'll get a 2nd and maybe a bit more.

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:12 AM
daethfromabove1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs in five View Post
thankfully, for everyone, you had taken enough notes to that point. virgin
lol that shut him up

anyways i hope antropov tears it up with NYR and proves his worth.. he's been one of the best players on a joke team for a while now

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:13 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Wonder where the Leaf fans are that were saying Andropoff was worth Beach and the Hawks first rounder?

Andropoff is extremely over valued, and honestly, I wouldnt be surprised if the Rags felt sorry for the Leafs and threw them a pity offer, just to keep them interesting in the press.

FlapJacks grade;

Leaf fans= F
Hate to say I told you so, but one persons garbage, no matter how much you try and polish it, is still.....garbage.
What exactly was it that you told us?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post17599575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
I indeed enjoy watching Leaf fans over value their players, thinking "this or that" person could fetch a number one pick, or a top prospect.

Antropov= 4th rounder at best

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:13 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Yea...well we couldnt afford to give up prospects/players for a Gaborik or whatever...Nik was in the second tier that I was hoping for. Scoring and size. Something we lack big time.

I hope hes not expecting 4 million or something though next season..
Unfortunately the 4 mark might be darn accurate, but to be honest, if Antropov brings it on a regular basis he's likely worth it. I know you follow the Leafs to some extent so you're no doubt aware of how effective the big man can be. Its just health and consistancy that will hurt his negotiations and the health issues have been on the lighter side the last 2 years.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Unfortunately the 4 mark might be darn accurate, but to be honest, if Antropov brings it on a regular basis he's likely worth it. I know you follow the Leafs to some extent so you're no doubt aware of how effective the big man can be. Its just health and consistancy that will hurt his negotiations and the health issues have been on the lighter side the last 2 years.
Yea...4 million is probably what he will be looking at...but damn, i really think after injuries and a slow development..he's finally hitting his prime (not even there yet..getting there).....

I want him locked up so bad. Dammit sather get Gomez or Drury the hell off our cap!

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:19 AM
1234rer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive View Post
Is it? Is it really funny? Hmmm....funny, isn't it, how <insert team here> fans overate <insert player from their favourite team>, claiming they are worth a roster player plus a 1st rounder, <insert other asinine remarks>. LOL
Ummm....like I stated before, yes it is funny.

1234rer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Yea...4 million is probably what he will be looking at...but damn, i really think after injuries and a slow development..he's finally hitting his prime (not even there yet..getting there).....

I want him locked up so bad. Dammit sather get Gomez or Drury the hell off our cap!
I remember while he was on TSN that Tortorella was an Antropov supporter which is always a good thing.
I thought Drury would be good for you guys, its really surprising at how many Ranger fans are displeased with him(i read your board often, but don't post) but maybe Torts can rejuvenate Chris.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:32 AM
b4mv01

Quote:

I have a feeling Drury is gonna be moved in the offseason and were gonna sign Gabby for like 4 million for one year and resign Antro to like 2.5-3 million for three years

b4mv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
AgentNaslund*

i'm just happy they didn't get a first round pick out of him. Feels good, when you see a bunch of Leafs fans get proved wrong. Ironically they targed Vancouver as we should have traded our 1st round pick for him.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
marc-edouard grier

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4mv01 View Post
I have a feeling Drury is gonna be moved in the offseason and were gonna sign Gabby for like 4 million for one year and resign Antro to like 2.5-3 million for three years

It's your 1st post, I won't be to mean, so I'll leave it at that

marc-edouard grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:37 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomelessAteMyCat View Post
You mean taking off a top 4 defenseman, prospect and first for a player we can sign in the offseason for zero assets? I was quite satisfied with what happened. The fact Bouwmeester stayed in Florida and didn't go to another NHL team is very good news for the Canucks.

I'm not trying to troll, but there was so much coverage and so many insulting opinions about anyone who dared say Burke wasn't going to get a chest o' loot, it's worth revisiting the past discussion.
I know that some fans really started getting carried away with what they thought Antro would get but I did believe he could net a first. It wouldn't have come from the Rangers though. I said a late first and the Rangers is far from that. Although I did think if it was a second the condition wouldn't have been attached. It wasn't the year of the big trades and follow up reactionary trades. I'm not faulting you for going back on what some leafs fans said. I just don't appreciate being added in with guys that expect too much.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:39 AM
b4mv01

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc-edouard grier View Post

It's your 1st post, I won't be to mean, so I'll leave it at that
Gabby so far this season has played six games SIX GAMES so who's to say he is gonna make that Hossa type dollar next season...okay maybe i'm being optimistic and saying that is what he is gonna get paid. But then of course you have GM's who will pay him top dollar just to have his groin get pulled three games in the season when he bends down to tie his skates thinking "I can't believe someone actually paid me 7 million a season."

4 million is all he should get based on his injury history alone

b4mv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4mv01 View Post
Gabby so far this season has played six games SIX GAMES so who's to say he is gonna make that Hossa type dollar next season...okay maybe i'm being optimistic and saying that is what he is gonna get paid. But then of course you have GM's who will pay him top dollar just to have his groin get pulled three games in the season when he bends down to tie his skates thinking "I can't believe someone actually paid me 7 million a season."

4 million is all he should get based on his injury history alone
The bar has been set for fragile forwards who can barely play due to injuries, but when they do play are a major factor with the Connolly deal. He should expect $4.5 at least on the open market.

Gaborik is an ironman compared to Connolly.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

I dont think he will make quite that much. Most likely just under 4 million. A Ryder-like deal, 3.5-3.75 for 3-4 years.

I also think Sather will see how he works this season and if he works well he will move salary to make sure he can resign him. He isnt old and he provides something this team sorely needs. I see Rozsival being moved at the draft.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:26 AM
kihei

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-A-P-S View Post
Well well well, Antropov didn't fetch a first.

Arguably the most overvalued guy on the HF Boards finally was traded for his appropriate value a late 2nd.

Can't say I am not surprised.

Seriously after reading so many stupid TO posts about how great this guy is and how at a minimum is going to fetch a first it is satisfying.

He's a decent player hope he helps NY.
Stupid posts, eh? Ever here of a double negative?--you just said the opposite of what you mean.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
Yeah, getting a mid-2nd and 3rd in 2010 is REALLY far off from the value of the 30th overall pick. How wrong everyone was
It is...a assuming the Rangers make the playoffs you're looking at a fairly late 2nd rounder vs. a first rounder.

TO fan just stop. The post on this board were overvalued and ridiculous when it came to this guy.

I don't know why your laughing.

This cat was the greatest thing since Luke Schenn according to the trade proposal boards.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:09 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Stupid posts, eh? Ever here of a double negative?--you just said the opposite of what you mean.
Oh snap!!!! Doesn't change the fact that Toronto didn't not acquire a 2nd instead of a 1st.

Ooops theres goes that double negative again.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:11 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_blueandwhite View Post
Antropov got a 2nd rounder and 3rd/4th round

Funny how when grouping all leafs fans together in an attempt to bash them, you were wrong on what he did infact get traded for.

I can't speak for all leafs fans, but i thought his value was a late 1st round pick. A 2nd and 3rd isn't far off.
Stop deluding yourself a late 2nd and a late 3rd is not equivalent to a late first.

Don't get me wrong I always thought Antropov was worth a late 2nd and a mid level prospect.

But according to the bevy of TO posters over the two months...this guy was guaranteed an 1st.

Its just funny to see that TO fans flat out overvalued the guy.

Good player but overvalued on HF.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:13 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 View Post
considering the fact that only 1 first rounder exchanged hands, its not surprising that antropov did not get a 1st, i still believe that he could have gotten a 1st in the 25-30 range, problem is that alot of gms are planning for the future very carefully, due to the economy and the cap probably going down in 2010-2011... its not all that inconceivable, fact is gms were not gonna give up 1sts because its also a very deep draft

No...he did not get a first because he wasn't worth a first. He was worth about a 2nd and a 3rd.

Lets not try and spin this.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:15 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupisgoodfood View Post
Wait, so you are surprised?

I love when stupid people try to make people look stupid.
Is that really all you have to hang your hat on...a mistype?

Wow...still doesn't change the fact that the most overvalued guy on these trade board was traded for exactly for what he was worth.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:19 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHomelessAteMyCat View Post
This is my favourite thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=611334

Eklund: Canucks prospect plus 1st for Antropov

Leafs fans: we'll get a first, so a prospect will just be icing on the cake, muhahaha

Canucks fans: you guys are guys are crazy.

We get warmed up with this:

Supported by Canucks fans and trashed by everyone else. "Yeah, like no GM has ever lied ." And what happened?

Some great posts:

AND LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE:

I stopped at halfway through the thread.
Thank you for summarizing the kool aid that is consumed on a regular basis by TO fans.