HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

With Tanguay's return on Saturday

Old
03-05-2009, 08:53 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
With Tanguay's return on Saturday

tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne

hamr and komo can not play together, i realized our coaching staff is old but if they can not see this i can send them names of good optometrists. komisarek was looking like a true top pairing dman while hamr was great as a #3 last year....since post schneider they have both looked like stephane quintal.

also, we should buy out brisebois' contract.

oh and start Denis is Halak isn't ready.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le CH Sont La View Post
tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne

hamr and komo can not play together, i realized our coaching staff is old but if they can not see this i can send them names of good optometrists. komisarek was looking like a true top pairing dman while hamr was great as a #3 last year....since post schneider they have both looked like stephane quintal.

also, we should buy out brisebois' contract.

oh and start Denis is Halak isn't ready.

I like those lines, except I would put Kostopoulos with Lapierre and Higgins instead of Stewart. Keep Stewart on the 4th line and let him bang it up and play physical.

I agree that we need to separate Hammer and Komi too....they just don't seem comfortable together.

Buy out Breezers contract as fast as we can and get rid of him forever. We can use Dandy on the blueline if we need to and Boullion can sit in the press box.

Halak should start unless he is still sick, then I agree Denis should start. Price doesn't deserve playing time right now. He needs to clear his head and find his game....so sit him in the press box for a few games.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:10 AM
habs1988

I think that if Carbo doesn't play Andrei RW with Saku and Tanguay, he's the worst coach ever.

Can't he see that AKost isn't playing at his full potential when he is playing with Kovy and NOT on the RW? Everybody sees it except him.

Half of his goals were scored from the right position, and other half in front of the net.

Yesterday, I was watching ''La Zone'' and the interviewer asked Carbo if he thinks the players lost confidence in him. Well, from his answer facial expression, you can see that he's starting to ask himself the same question. And I wouldn't be surprised that the players aren't buying his system anymore.

We have speedy players, why don't use a 2 men pressure? We have players with creativity and Carbo doesn't explore the max his this.

Look at Washington. This team as alot of talent and Boudreau knows it. He tells the players to use their creativity in the offensive zone and it works. But in defense, follow the system and it works! Our defense and goalie are better than them. Why can't Carbo get the max of his players like BOudreau is doing? It's because the players don't like the system. If Carbo would let Markov play like Boudreau does with Green, he would have 10 pts more.

And don't be foolish...you can say that last year we were 1st in goal scoring, but it was because of the PP.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post

I agree that we need to separate Hammer and Komi too....they just don't seem comfortable together.
Agreed

Komi should pretty much always be paired with a puck moving D imho. Hamrlik does it once in a while but i'm talking more about a Markov , Boyle , Rafalski ect type of defensemen.

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - Dandenault

Those would be my pairings.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
I think that if Carbo doesn't play Andrei RW with Saku and Tanguay, he's the worst coach ever.

Can't he see that AKost isn't playing at his full potential when he is playing with Kovy and NOT on the RW? Everybody sees it except him.

Half of his goals were scored from the right position, and other half in front of the net.

Yesterday, I was watching ''La Zone'' and the interviewer asked Carbo if he thinks the players lost confidence in him. Well, from his answer facial expression, you can see that he's starting to ask himself the same question. And I wouldn't be surprised that the players aren't buying his system anymore.

We have speedy players, why don't use a 2 men pressure? We have players with creativity and Carbo doesn't explore the max his this.

Look at Washington. This team as alot of talent and Boudreau knows it. He tells the players to use their creativity in the offensive zone and it works. But in defense, follow the system and it works! Our defense and goalie are better than them. Why can't Carbo get the max of his players like BOudreau is doing? It's because the players don't like the system. If Carbo would let Markov play like Boudreau does with Green, he would have 10 pts more.

And don't be foolish...you can say that last year we were 1st in goal scoring, but it was because of the PP.

I agree. I don't understand why Carbo insists in using players in positions they are not comfortable doing. If he would put Andrei on the RW away from Kovy, then we could have 2 guys like Kovy who can be creative with the puck instead of just 1.

I don't understand why we don't use 2 guys forechecking either....its just sooo stupid to waste the speed we have by sitting back in the neutral zone. We should be forechecking with 2 guys deep ALL GAME every game we play. A small team like we have with the speedy forwards we have, forechecking with 2 guys deep would be a huge advantage. And when we have a 2-0 lead, we should still be forechecking with 2 guys deep and playing offensive. When we sit back and try to defend the lead by sending 1 guy deep and the other 4 waiting at center ice for the other team, it doesn't work. We give up too many shots and we can't clear our end....and it usually results in use blowing the lead and giving up goals.

It isn't working so why do we keep doing it??? Its the same as using a defencemen as a forward, it doesn't work...so why do it?? Same as juggling the lines after 3 shifts every game....it doesn't work....so why keep doing it.

If Carbo is such a good coach, why does he keep doing things they don't work??? He needs to adjust and find something that works. So what if it isn't the style he wants to use....as long as it works and brings the best out of the players....thats all that matters.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Brett38

Here are my "Forward lines."

A.Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

Latendresse Lapierre D'Agastini

Laraque Metropolit Kostopoulos

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
la25ecoupe

Carbo is the most retarded line maker in the world.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Iwishihadacup

Wasn't it friday?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Brett38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett38 View Post

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

I realize Latendresse won't be back yet. This is for the playoffs.

Oh, the Habs don't play on Saturday. They play Saturday and Sunday.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Roulin

Quote:
tanguay-koivu-andrei
maxpac-plekanec-kovalev
higgins-lapierre-stewart
kostopolous-metro-dandy

markov-komisarek
hamrlik-schneider
gorges-obyrne
Not bad, I like the Higgins-Lapierre combo. But, you forgot D'Agostini.

46-11-36
13-14-27
21-40-6
67-15-70

I'd ease Tanguay back into the lineup, play him on o-zone faceoffs and against soft opposition with Plek and Kovy.

79-24
26-8
44-71/3

I think Hamrlik needs a break. I'd cut his minutes, and relax on the amount of d-zone faceoffs he's on the ice for. I don't think O'Byrne has clearly beat Brisebois for the #6 job yet, so I'm fine with a platoon.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:38 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

AK should be on the RW with Koivu and Tanguay IMO. Having him on the LW is misusing him.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:44 AM
speed11

a. the game is on friday, and 2. where was it posted that he's a definite go?

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Tanguay - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Metro - Dandy/D'Ago

Markov - Schneider
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komi

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
habs4eva

Forwards:

Tanguay - Koivu - Andrei

Higgins - Lapierre - Kosto

Stewart - Metro - D'agostini

Defence:
Markov - Schneider
Hammer - O'Byrne
Gorges - Dandenault

(I would do something more drastic but I am sure Carbo won't do it, and most of you might not agree, but I think Komo needs a wake-up call, this is not to punish him, but just to let him watch the game from upstairs and see he has more time then he thinks he does and can actually make a stick-to-stick pass, because right-now he can't make a straight pass.)

habs4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Stone Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Tanguay - Koivu - A. Kostitsyn
Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart - Metro - Dandy/D'Ago

Markov - Schneider
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Gorges - Komi
+1

Stone Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Iwishihadacup

Tanguay-Koivu-D'agostini
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metro-Kovalev

Markov-Schneider
Hamrlik-O'byrne
Gorges-Komi

Halak
Pricey

Old
03-05-2009, 10:12 AM
katatoniak

My line

Tanguay - koivu - A.Kostytsin
pac man - Plekanec - Kovy
Higgins - Lapierre - D'ago
Stewart - Metropolit - Kostopoulos

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

O'Byrne was playing great hockey before he was sent to Hamilton ...

I hope he'll play the next game, Brisebois is just pissing me off every time he does a stupid play. Stop his career at 999 games.

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
I realize Latendresse won't be back yet. This is for the playoffs.

Oh, the Habs don't play on Saturday. They play Saturday and Sunday.

I am sure you meant friday and sunday.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
My line

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

I hope he'll play the next game, Brisebois is just pissing me off every time he does a stupid play. Stop his career at 999 games.
There you go. We have a winner!

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post

No he didn't. Guy Daoust asked him if the players had lost confidence in PRICE, not Carbo. To which he made a face and answered we'd have to ask the players.

Carbo does need to put A.Kost on any other line as a RW. Put MaxPac back with Plek/Kovy.
But most importantly, we need our coaches to learn how to coach Defense. That's where our problem lie. Gorges/Breezer/Komi/Hamr have been very mediocre.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
GoodKiwi

What about bringing Metro up to our third line and playing Lappy on a wing? What do you guys think of that? The reasoning being that Metro seemingly has pretty decent hands and speed.

Although, who would center that fourth line?

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev
Higgins-Lapierre/Metro-D'Agostini
Stewart-Metro/Lapierre-Kostopoulos

Markov-Komisarek (as much as I wanted to see a Komo-Hammer shutdown pairing, they need a fresh partner, poor play...)
Hamrlik-Schneider
Dandenault-Gorges

Halak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup
Tanguay-Koivu-D'agostini
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Higgins-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
Stewart-Metro-Kovalev

Markov-Schneider
Hamrlik-O'byrne
Gorges-Komi

Halak
Pricey

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
My line

Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Schneider
Gorges - O'Byrne

Brisebois

Perfect!

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
friday or saturday, the important thing is we ice a legit number one line (no higgins, no dago, dago shouldnt play period if not on the first two lines, and he doesnt play well enough to be there yet so...)

also important is to have andrei away from kovalev, but im sure carbo will do neither of these things.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
friday or saturday, the important thing is we ice a legit number one line (no higgins, no dago, dago shouldnt play period if not on the first two lines, and he doesnt play well enough to be there yet so...)

also important is to have andrei away from kovalev, but im sure carbo will do neither of these things.
D'ago almost scored last night and plays really good these days