HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price (not another bashing thread)

Old
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Habsolutely

vCash: 500
Price (not another bashing thread)

It really hurt yesterday to see that no one stood up for him when he was ran.
It shook him up.
I know he hasn't been playing great as of late, but yesterday everyone let him down: the D, the guys who should stand up for him and obviously the lack of scoring.

The idea is to allow him to get his things together and the little details matter.
Yes, Halak was very good recently. He helped us win a few games that we badly needed. But let's not forget the big picture: Halak never proved that he can be counted on over long periods of time.

I am not saying that Price proved it either so far, but the potential factor is on his side. I still believe that the future is around Price.

Players should help him help us.

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Coldplay
Courage

I agree the team should've kicked some ass when he was run by Paille, but Price's problems don't lie there.

He needs to seriously rebuild the mental part of his game, because it's affecting his technical side now too.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
sandman08

i think its a sad state of affairs when a thread now has to be prefaced as being "not bashing" in the title heh

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post

I am not saying that Price proved it either so far, but the potential factor is on his side. I still believe that the future is around Price.

The team looks like it doesn't know how to play in front of Price. They never come back far enough, as if they expect him to play the puck all the time. Also, they don't block any shots or try to clear the net.

I feel bad for him after last night, 3 of those goals were not his fault, 2 were really good goals.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:36 AM
neofury*

Quote:
It shook him up.
I know he hasn't been playing great as of late, but yesterday everyone let him down: the D, the guys who should stand up for him and obviously the lack of scoring.

The idea is to allow him to get his things together and the little details matter.
Yes, Halak was very good recently. He helped us win a few games that we badly needed. But let's not forget the big picture: Halak never proved that he can be counted on over long periods of time.

Yeah was going to say that Price hasn't either..... either way I think a lot of people don't realize the potential factor with Halak either.

Not all great goalies were drafted in the first round, and Halak was the national goalie for his country. Not saying that means anything just saying he has also proven he can play well under pressure and isn't a bad goalie, he has a ton of potential too and the last two seasons I honestly thought Halak was going to be better than price.

Then this year, Price suprised me at the beginning and really did sway my vote to him. Now I feel sort of let down, just when I finally earn the guys trust and feel he really is better then Halak, he becomes epic fail and Halak becomes the star I thought he was all along.

I still do think had we put Halak in instead of Huet a few seasons ago we'd have beat toronto and made the playoffs.

Not saying that makes Halak the better goalie, just saying that I think we need to have a little bit more faith in Halak and if any goalie deserves to be given blind faith here it is Halak and not Price presently.

I will admit this though, earlier in the season I really thought Halak looked like crap. But when I think back I can recall many more times where Price looked like crap for stretches then I can for Halak. Aside from the first 2/3 of this season, I've though Halak has played well throughout his career, and that was the only time where Price played really stellar imo. (that 2/3)

I think what our problem is now is confidence. We have two young goalies whose play is really dependant on confidence. When one has it he plays stellar, when the other doesn't he plays like crap. Now Halak has his confidence back, so imo we should ride the confident goalie.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
smon

Yeah, it was pretty disgusting. In the past you could at least count on Komisarek to do something and stand up for his goalie...but I guess not anymore. Hanging their goalie out to dry, it was pathetic.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
BBrowser

Would he need to clear waivers to go to Hamilton or not? Does anyone understand waiver rules? One says yes, another no... Mathias Brunet (La Presse) wrote Price doesn't need to because he is on his 1st year contract. Yet he has played 80 games. WTF? I've read the CBA and I still don't have a clue.

Insult me if you want, but please someone give me an answer!!

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Tuggy

When has this team ever stood up for one of their teammates this year?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Habsolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Would he need to clear waivers to go to Hamilton or not? Does anyone understand waiver rules? One says yes, another no... Mathias Brunet (La Presse) wrote Price doesn't need to because he is on his 1st year contract. Yet he has played 80 games. WTF? I've read the CBA and I still don't have a clue.

Insult me if you want, but please someone give me an answer!!
Let's assume for a second that you can send him to Hamilton...

1- You would do that and get Marc Denis as a back-up for Halak ? Seriously ?
2- Don't you think that a move like that will undermine his confidence even more ?

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
totalrecall

Quote:

2- Don't you think that a move like that will undermine his confidence even more ?
I don't think there is anything that will help his confidence at this point.. besides watching Halak play maybe?

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Stradale

What i dont like about Price is that he is never ready for the "unexpected" like when a puck is deflected and change directiion, he is always out of position and not ready for the adjustement because he is already on his knees.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I agree the team should've kicked some ass when he was run by Paille, but Price's problems don't lie there.

He needs to seriously rebuild the mental part of his game, because it's affecting his technical side now too.
I'm not sure I agree with you.

Price's issue at this point is clearly confidence... and he got hammered on a play, elbowed badly to the head... and not one of his players stood up for him.

I'd say that probably didn't do a lot to help his fragile mental state at the moment.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
le_sean

Yes it was pathetic, but this is the tale of the Canadiens since the mid-90s. Bunch of poofters.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

Sheldon Souray was great at defending his teammates.

We miss that part way more than his shot.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
BBrowser

Quote:

1- Yes
2- What confidence; he's giving 5 goals a game EVERY game?
3- You didn't answer my question

Old
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
When has this team ever stood up for one of their teammates this year?
josh gorges after chipchura got hit during the win streak.. forget what game and stuff but chipchura got hit "high" and gorges "jumped him" to defend him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Sheldon Souray was great at defending his teammates.

We miss that part way more than his shot.
i agree with that fully.. thats one of the things i always have liked about souray, rivet as well (well back in the day at least i havent seen him play in a while)

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-05-2009 at 02:38 PM.
sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:28 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

How the hell would he prove that? He hasn't had any opportunity yet until now, and he is doing pretty damn good so far. 2 years ago he led us down the stretch and he is doing it again.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
TheCH*

As for Price's teammates not sticking up for him. Well the play continued on and our net was wide open with the puck in front of it. I believe there was no score at that point so the priority there was to keep the puck out of the net. If we were down 5-1 at that point then yeah keeping the puck out wouldn't have mattered and somebody should have pounded him.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

IMO I think it's because his teammates don't like him anymore. The way he stares down his D-men after a goal say's a lot and I'm sure he has a few words to say also. It's just a thought but could be a possibility.

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
la25ecoupe

Kovy also got ran over..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:54 PM
BBrowser

Waivers or not for Price to hamilton?

Old
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
It shook him up.

If his teammates aren't standing up for him, then maybe he's done something that lost the respect of the players in front of him!!!

Maybe his partying and cocky attitude have annoyed players in the dressing room so much that they don't give a hoot about him....who knows. There could be many many reasons why Price is struggling like he is.
Price constantly shaking his head at his defencemen and blaming them for him letting in soft goals might be bothering his teammates?? Anything is possible at this point. There is obviously something going on in the Habs dressing room and one way or another, they better get it fixed or the Habs are going to be a sad team to watch for the rest of the season.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
If his teammates aren't standing up for him, then maybe he's done something that lost the respect of the players in front of him!!!

Maybe his partying and cocky attitude have annoyed players in the dressing room so much that they don't give a hoot about him....who knows. There could be many many reasons why Price is struggling like he is.
Price constantly shaking his head at his defencemen and blaming them for him letting in soft goals might be bothering his teammates?? Anything is possible at this point. There is obviously something going on in the Habs dressing room and one way or another, they better get it fixed or the Habs are going to be a sad team to watch for the rest of the season.
The thing is, and I've seen it many times.
The hot goalie is the one who gets defended ALOT.

I look back at Huet with Aebischer.. Huet the hot goalie, he got protected alot and Aebischer not so much.

Huet and Halak.
Huet and Price
Price and Huet
Price and Halak

When Price was hot, the players werent that much of a protecting Halak..
and now Halak is the hot goalie and he is defended alot..

Thats my theory.. I think the hot goalie is the one the players protect and defend ALOT MORE.. when its the back up, its a different story..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Brett38

Hopefully one of our two goalies will take us to at least the 3rd Round. Maybe they could pull a Steve Penny like performance like he did in...ummmm...was it the 1984 playoffs? Price is certainly letting in tons of goals. Maybe Carbo will have to go with Halak. I don't think Halak is our answer, but right now, he's the best we have.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
BBrowser

Bring back Lyle Odelein, no-one will come within 10 feet of either goalie.