HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How do you cope with Hab HF Boards after a loss (or several) ?

Old
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
How do you cope with Hab HF Boards after a loss (or several) ?

I came to the HF Boards to escape the RDS and Ecklund talkbacks and to find a different, more meaningful environment with less drama. It was ok for a while, especially while the team was winning. However, since the big slump it has become really hard to check the forums and not lose my little sanity left. Everywhere you turn it's just bashing and whining. Some critics might make sense still most are plain expressions of exaggerate anger and frustration, with little facts or hockey involved. Fire Gainey, fire Carbonneau, send (insert any Habs player name here) to the minors.

Yesterday it peaked. Though Gainey did make good trades, though he clearly warned us that the chances of more trades at deadline were slim (Gainey was always honest wiht us) he become the target of the bashfest. I have the feeling that no matter what he would have done it would have been the same.

Is this forum becoming the cathartic environment for all hockey related (and maybe not only) frustrations ? If so - I don't want to be a part of it. Still, I've learned a lot from many obviously informed and classy posters during my being here and I don't want to leave because of other people's anger.

So - what do other posters in a similar position do ? Simply not check the forum for a while ? Try to select meaningful posts ? Abusing the IL is not the answer - some of today's whiners could have great posts tomorrow ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
smon

You can usually tell what the thread is about from the title, right? So I simply don't read those threads which I am not interested in.

I think a lot of it is just post-game frustration, although the bi-polar attitudes are pretty hilarious most of the time. Winning a game doesn't mean everything with the team is fixed, and losing one doesn't mean everything with the team is completely broken.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
tollb2

its either alot of *****ing and moaning or the complete opposite . I actulay after a loss never watch sportcenter cause replays are almost like rubbing it in. But i will come on here cause it is a good way to deal with a loss. Ya the constant bashing of certain players/people gets annoying, but its always good geting a fresh take on a subject even if it is out of wack . To many "the sky is falling" posters when we lose

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
zurg999

There's far too much immature, uninformed posting happening, with the problem compounded by the mods not being free to cut it back.

Too many good posters have left because the noise ratio. While I won't put myself in the category of those who've left, I'll be taking my leave as well.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
FrankMTL

I don't know where that cat came from..I don't even own one.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post

Yellow is really a good color for me, isn't it? Someone said it really brings out the colour of my eyes, although it's hard to see here.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Iwishihadacup

I make a big IL rush, snatching every annoying posters/whiners

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yellow is really a good color for me, isn't it? Someone said it really brings out the colour of my eyes, although it's hard to see here.
You're right yellow goes great with red

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
So - what do other posters in a similar position do ? Simply not check the forum for a while ? Try to select meaningful posts ? Abusing the IL is not the answer - some of today's whiners could have great posts tomorrow ?
You have to develop that sixth sense about when to visit this board. There's only two times I don't come here.....after we lose, and after we win.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
You look like you were getting ready to set up a tent and then just gave up before opening the bag. I have two questions for you though..

1) Why were you trying to set up a tent indoors?

2)Did you start drinking before or after you decided to try to set up a tent indoors? (This obviously relates to the first question)

Old
03-05-2009, 10:18 AM
sandman08

Quote:
You look like you were getting ready to set up a tent and then just gave up before opening the bag. I have two questions for you though..

2)Did you start drinking before or after you decided to try to set up a tent indoors? (This obviously relates to the first question)
i still wanna know how he couldnt beat up that cat?! wait.. he must be georges! code ftw!

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
i stay away cuz most fans drive me insane.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

1) Tent? I thought it was a sleeping bag.
2) Drinking? The cat was the one drinking.
3) Cat? I thought that was a Thai masseuse.

Old
03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
i stay away cuz most fans drive me insane.
Ditto.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Duff88

The problem is now that there are so many posters; I've lost sense of who actually knows what they are talking about and who does not.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:25 AM
sandman08

Quote:
1) Tent? I thought it was a sleeping bag.
2) Drinking? The cat was the one drinking.
3) Cat? I thought that was a Thai masseuse.
ahhh yes.. the old "thai masseuse was a fighting cat" deal.. ive been down that road myself

Old
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

lol...thanks for the laugh Frank.

As for Newhabfan's question.

Being a mod we have it a little worse than the rest of you here. There is no such thing as an Ignore list for us, and we can't just skip over a thread because we're not interested in it.

Personally when I wasn't a mod, what I would do is just skip over posts/threads that I wasn't interested in. Also if I found myself becoming frustrated from some of the crap that is posted here, I would get up from my seat and leave.

We have such a large fan base that no matter what happens. There are always going to be posters that you don't agree with. There are also a lot of posters that just seem to enjoy getting a rise out of other posters. The more you feed these trolls, the more likely they are to keep on trolling.

My advice is to just ignore them. Or report their posts if you find them to be offensive. It's not worth losing your sanity debating with these types of posters.

03-05-2009, 12:38 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i love everyone here!!! i dont know what you guys are talking about

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
GoodKiwi

I think we should close the message board, because, clearly, some of the "holier-than-thou" members have outgrown it.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
sandman08

i personally like the idea of that other guy whose nick i forget and temporarily go blind so i cant see

Old
03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol...thanks for the laugh Frank.

As for Newhabfan's question.

Being a mod we have it a little worse than the rest of you here. There is no such thing as an Ignore list for us, and we can't just skip over a thread because we're not interested in it.

Personally when I wasn't a mod, what I would do is just skip over posts/threads that I wasn't interested in. Also if I found myself becoming frustrated from some of the crap that is posted here, I would get up from my seat and leave.

We have such a large fan base that no matter what happens. There are always going to be posters that you don't agree with. There are also a lot of posters that just seem to enjoy getting a rise out of other posters. The more you feed these trolls, the more likely they are to keep on trolling.

My advice is to just ignore them. Or report their posts if you find them to be offensive. It's not worth losing your sanity debating with these types of posters.
Question for you then H10H: Why aren't the posters who are obviously just out to do the above banned as well?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:09 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
ahhh yes.. the old "thai masseuse was a fighting cat" deal.. ive been down that road myself
Saturday nights are a strange time...you'll do crazy things for no reason and then wonder why...thats why it surprised me to find out this was taken last Tuesday at 4:30 in the afternoon. You have some explaining to do Gros Bill..

Old
03-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I read the boards and laugh my ass off.

Except when people bash a player for the loss.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Saturday nights are a strange time...you'll do crazy things for no reason and then wonder why...thats why it surprised me to find out this was taken last Tuesday at 4:30 in the afternoon. You have some explaining to do Gros Bill..
Masseuse discount on mondays and tuesdays.

Old
03-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Question for you then H10H: Why aren't the posters who are obviously just out to do the above banned as well?
Good question:

A lot of these posters are able to walk a fine line. They are not blatantly trolling as per the rules on HF. Until they do go over that fine line, as mods our hands are tied.

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote