HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#63 -- Flames at Flyers -- March 5, 2009 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2009, 08:59 AM
  #51
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I would go with Nitty until he plays poorly. Someone needs to come out on top before the playoffs. We can't have this switcheroo happening during a series.
It's such a double edged sword...

Niittymaki has put up the better numbers this season. I do however strongly feel it's in the best interest of the Flyers to get Biron back to where he was a a little over a year ago as I do feel (despite the better numbers) that he gives the Flyers the best chance of success. Having said that, Niitty hasn't really been given the torch.

Maybe the Flyers are really wanting to take a real good look at Niitty as they have both guys are set to become UFA's.


Who knows.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:01 AM
  #52
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Good Work MSE!
It's gonna be weird to not see Upshall around. Oh well part of the game. Have to let go of some of your favorite players. Oh well! Lets give these Flames some hell!!
I will be on Hf during the game. No work tonight
Thanks MSE.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:16 AM
  #53
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Niitty plays well vs Finns. Play him tonight

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:20 AM
  #54
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,339
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Niitty plays well vs Finns. Play him tonight
Stevens won't.
I would play him however.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
  #55
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
It's such a double edged sword...

Niittymaki has put up the better numbers this season. I do however strongly feel it's in the best interest of the Flyers to get Biron back to where he was a a little over a year ago as I do feel (despite the better numbers) that he gives the Flyers the best chance of success. Having said that, Niitty hasn't really been given the torch.

Maybe the Flyers are really wanting to take a real good look at Niitty as they have both guys are set to become UFA's.


Who knows.
I've written the same post many times. Nitty excels in big games. Olympics, Atlanta, Calder cup finals. For whatever reason he doesn't seem focused at times but I think in big games that he cares about and focuses on, he's great. I would certianly give him the reings for the playoff push.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  #56
shamski7
Registered User
 
shamski7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
if carcillo is on a line with briere and giroux i just hope he'll be able to keep up.

also hope he's solid defensively, that line the other night was a disaster waiting to happen in boston.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
  #57
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
if carcillo is on a line with briere and giroux i just hope he'll be able to keep up.

also hope he's solid defensively, that line the other night was a disaster waiting to happen in boston.
He should have no problems keeping up...


Quote:
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/daniel_carcillo

Talent Analysis (from when he was drafted)

Carcillo is a strong power forward who’s playing in his sophomore season in the OHL currently. He works hard and is extremely physical. Carcillo isn’t at all afraid to drop the mitts and duke it out. He’s a powerful skater who loves to crash the net and possesses a pretty good set of hands, allowing him to work close to the net. He forechecks and backchecks harder than most his age. Carcillo has a very powerful shot and uses it a lot. He needs to calm down a bit at times however, and is a bit undisciplined, causing him to take stupid penalties. Carcillo is an adept agitator prospect.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:23 AM
  #58
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
He should have no problems keeping up...


http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/daniel_carcillo
Don't worry.

In a couple of games you will see everyone talk about how much they love him.

Half of the fanbase hasn't seen this guy play.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
  #59
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Don't worry.

In a couple of games you will see everyone talk about how much they love him.

Half of the fanbase hasn't seen this guy play.
I've spoiled myself with center ice and have seen quite a bit of Carcillo, I'm a fan.

He'll be one bad penalty away from the hate posts, then a good hit/fight/play away from being let back in...rinse and repeat.

I'll miss Upshall too, don't get me wrong...but it's really not that big of a loss.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:29 AM
  #60
flyersfan420
Registered User
 
flyersfan420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,257
vCash: 500
LET'S GO FLYERS!!! im interested to see what carcillo brings to the table

flyersfan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:40 AM
  #61
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Don't worry.

In a couple of games you will see everyone talk about how much they love him.

Half of the fanbase hasn't seen this guy play.
Me complaining about the trade has nothing ti do with Carcillo. Im sure ill like him, especially if he can pester crosby

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
  #62
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Don't worry.

In a couple of games you will see everyone talk about how much they love him.

Half of the fanbase hasn't seen this guy play.





I'd go as far as stretching that out to about 80% of our fan-base hasn't seen him period.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:45 AM
  #63
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Me complaining about the trade has nothing ti do with Carcillo. Im sure ill like him, especially if he can pester crosby
I don't think i was refering to you. I am talking to the people who just hate Carcillo without giving the guy a chance.

I know you are upset about the 2nd round pick going with this guy. I know its a huge overpayment but you know what can we do?? Its not like we can get it back. Plus it was the 2011 2nd round pick.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
  #64
CNote
Get 'er done
 
CNote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
[/B] I'd go as far as stretching that out to about 80% of our fan-base hasn't seen him period.
I'm part of that 80%. I'll get my first look at him next Tuesday (vs. BUF on TSN2).

CNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
  #65
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
I don't think i was refering to you. I am talking to the people who just hate Carcillo without giving the guy a chance.

I know you are upset about the 2nd round pick going with this guy. I know its a huge overpayment but you know what can we do?? Its not like we can get it back. Plus it was the 2011 2nd round pick.
Only because we dont have an 09 or 10 2nd.

And the fact that its years away doesnt make a difference. Would it ok if we traded away our first in 2012 tomorrow?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:51 AM
  #66
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Only because we dont have an 09 or 10 2nd.

And the fact that its years away doesnt make a difference. Would it ok if we traded away our first in 2012 tomorrow?
A trade could get us back a 2nd round pick in 2010 and 2011.

Its not the end of the world dude.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
  #67
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
A trade could get us back a 2nd round pick in 2010 and 2011.

Its not the end of the world dude.
It's not like we have an old team either.

Knuble leaves next season, our three oldest players are as follows...

- Timonen
- Briere
- Hartnell


You'd think we just traded Mike Richards for Sean Avery...seriously.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:05 AM
  #68
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
I'm part of that 80%. I'll get my first look at him next Tuesday (vs. BUF on TSN2).

Hopefully he puts on a show for you. Our style of play should play to his strengths and he'll get some space alongside some very good playmakers. He sees the ice well for a tough guy and he's going to make other players look over their shoulders. He has a chance to fulfill his dream outright and win a Cup with his favorite team. If he plays like Ive seen him play and takes guys to the box with him, we'll win this trade outright.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
  #69
nevermore
Cap space since 2005
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 11,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
It's not like we have an old team either.

Knuble leaves next season, our three oldest players are as follows...

- Timonen
- Briere
- Hartnell


You'd think we just traded Mike Richards for Sean Avery...seriously.
Gagne, anyone?

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
  #70
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
In reality, the oldest players are (not counting Hatcher and Knuble):
Kimmo Timonen: March 18th, 1975
Martin Biron: August 15th 1977
Daniel Brière: October 6th 1977
Arron Asham: April 13th 1978

None of the rest is older than 30

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
  #71
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,307
vCash: 500
this will be fun to watch. Carcillo playing for his favorite team, I'm sure he plays big tonight in his home debut.
Prediction

Flyers 3 (Carcillo, Carter, Hartnell)
Flames 1 (Phaneuf)

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
  #72
billandsebastian
Registered User
 
billandsebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I've written the same post many times. Nitty excels in big games. Olympics, Atlanta, Calder cup finals. For whatever reason he doesn't seem focused at times but I think in big games that he cares about and focuses on, he's great. I would certianly give him the reings for the playoff push.


I agree that he steps his game up against ATL, but I'm not really sure I'd count regular season meetings with the Thrashers as "big."

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:48 AM
  #73
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Gagne, anyone?
i think with dawkins' departure gagne is the longest-tenured philadelphia athlete (mcnabb's up there too)

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
  #74
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
I'm fired up for tonight's game. Real interested to see what Carcillo does in front of the home town crowd. Lets Go Flyers!

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
  #75
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!
 
orange and black48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
i think with dawkins' departure gagne is the longest-tenured philadelphia athlete (mcnabb's up there too)
I believe it's Rollins...
on that note. LETS GO FLYERS.
Interested to see the lines and how Carcillo plays tonight.
Should be a toughy especially if Olli is playing.

orange and black48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.