Notices

Deadline-day: All OOT-trade deadline news and talk go here

Old
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Deadline-day: All OOT-trade deadline news and talk go here

With the trade-deadline being less than 17 hours away, it is time to open a thread for all the out-of-town trade deadline news.

Discussions about the implications of the OOT-trades on the Flames are appreciated.

To start it off, two of our division rivals made pretty significant moves from a Flames-perspective, with both the Canucks and Wild re-signing Alex Burrows and Nick Backstrom for four years each:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3949764
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Snoil11

There is the first trade of the day:
Pascal Leclaire and the Blue Jackets' 2nd go to Ottawa in exchange for Antoine Vermette. Shouldn't have the biggest effect on the Flames, but with Vermette goes a forward the Flames were reported to be interested in a while ago.

Old
03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Body Checker

Snoil it's lonely in here...........

Erik Cole is going to light it up back with Staal.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Snoil11

Wasn't the busiest tradeline in terms of impact moves of our rivals AND the forum crushed when the real party began (after 3pm when half the moves trickled in).

The two moves I like the least from a Flames perspective are Moen to San Jose and Pahlsson to Chicago. Our match-up against Chicago has already been bad this season albeit without Jokinen and Leopold and with the arrival of Pahlsson, the Blackhawks improved their line-up significantly IMO.
Same holds for San Jose who lacked some grit and a good defensive forward after (and maybe even before) the injury of Mike Grier.

I was a bit surprised that Vancouver stood pat. To be honest, I expected Gillis to react to the Flames' early actions. The more skillful O'Sullivan could be an upgrade over Cole, but I don't think the move closed the current gap between Edmonton and Vancouver/Calgary.

Old
03-05-2009, 02:29 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Wasn't the busiest tradeline in terms of impact moves of our rivals AND the forum crushed when the real party began (after 3pm when half the moves trickled in).

The two moves I like the least from a Flames perspective are Moen to San Jose and Pahlsson to Chicago. Our match-up against Chicago has already been bad this season albeit without Jokinen and Leopold and with the arrival of Pahlsson, the Blackhawks improved their line-up significantly IMO.
Same holds for San Jose who lacked some grit and a good defensive forward after (and maybe even before) the injury of Mike Grier.

I was a bit surprised that Vancouver stood pat. To be honest, I expected Gillis to react to the Flames' early actions. The more skillful O'Sullivan could be an upgrade over Cole, but I don't think the move closed the current gap between Edmonton and Vancouver/Calgary.

Agree with a lot of that. Moen is a great pickup for the Sharks. And if Pahlsson can stay healthy it'll be a good pickup for the Hawks. Really surprised the Canucks stood pat especially after Sutter went out and made his moves early in the day. They really could have used a top 9 player. Don't really know what to think of the Oilers moves yet. Thought they should've added a defenceman.

In the East I am SHOCKED the Canadians did nothing. Just surprising and if they don't get it together they could miss the playoffs. Haven't checked out there board, but I have to think they are less then happy with Gainey. Don't know what the Rangers are doing either. Adding another overpaid bum on defence in Morris. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote