HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[ANA/SJ] Huskins and Moen for prospects, pick

Old
03-04-2009, 11:10 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Does anyone know the exact conditions of the pick? I've heard that it's a 4th by default and could be a 2nd if SJ makes the finals, but other reports talk about the round also being tied to whether San Jose or Anaheim signs players (I'm unsure if Anaheim refers to them signing Moen or Huskins, or if it is tied to the prospects, both of whom I think are unsigned)

It would be nice to have some clarity on how that sorts out

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 32 GP, 12-15-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Does anyone know the exact conditions of the pick? I've heard that it's a 4th by default and could be a 2nd if SJ makes the finals, but other reports talk about the round also being tied to whether San Jose or Anaheim signs players (I'm unsure if Anaheim refers to them signing Moen or Huskins, or if it is tied to the prospects, both of whom I think are unsigned)

It would be nice to have some clarity on how that sorts out

Quote:
There were five stipulations attached to the deal between the clubs:

1. In the event San Jose qualifies for the 2009 Stanley Cup Final, then San Jose will transfer Buffalo's second-round draft pick in the 2009 Draft (previously acquired), instead of San Jose's 4th round draft pick in 2011.

2. In the event San Jose re-signs one or both of Moen or Huskins for the 2009-10 season, then San Jose will also transfer its own fourth-round pick in the 2012 Draft.

3. In the event Anaheim re-signs one or both of Moen or Huskins for the 2009-10 season, then Anaheim will transfer its own fourth-round draft pick in the 2011 Draft.

4. In the event San Jose and Anaheim each sign one of the above players for the 2009-10 season, then the transfers referenced in 2 and 3 are cancelled out.

5. The transfer by San Jose of its fourth-round draft pick in 2011 (or Buffalo's 2nd round draft pick in 2009) is conditioned on both Moen or Huskins playing at least one (1) game (regular season or playoffs) for San Jose during the 2008-09 season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=412358

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:30 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Looks like a nice win-win to me.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

The Shark's checking line just got absurd good.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I'm loathe to give up Pielmeier (my favorite Sharks goalie prospect behind Greiss) but this seems like a win-win. Moen will do well now and will fit in even better when the Sharks get healthy again.

Some Shark fans are upset that the pick maxes out as a 2nd, but the way I look at I'll trade a 2nd for a 50/50 chance to win the cup.

The Nemesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:11 AM
DarKarTs

Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I'm loathe to give up Pielmeier (my favorite Sharks goalie prospect behind Greiss) but this seems like a win-win. Moen will do well now and will fit in even better when the Sharks get healthy again.

Some Shark fans are upset that the pick maxes out as a 2nd, but the way I look at I'll trade a 2nd for a 50/50 chance to win the cup.
Yep, and if we get to the finals... it will be PARTLY because of these two additions.... unless they get injured.... knock on wood.

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Sharks are my favorites to win the Cup, Now I think they are really set adding a good 3rd line grinder like Moen. Huskins is a good depth defensemen. Looks like the Ducks are heading into rebuild mood. After reading the above posts, maybe the Ducks should bring Moen back during the off season if he fits the bill.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Kick Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossaHavlatGiguere View Post
Sharks are my favorites to win the Cup, Now I think they are really set adding a good 3rd line grinder like Moen. Huskins is a good depth defensemen. Looks like the Ducks are heading into rebuild mood. After reading the above posts, maybe the Ducks should bring Moen back during the off season if he fits the bill.

The Ducks are not totally "rebuilding", hence the fact that in their three other deals yesterday, they acquired players who can play for them immediately. What the Ducks did was trade players who are Unrestricted Free Agents this summer. Since the Ducks are up against the Salary Cap---and since none of these guys wanted to re-sign with the Ducks without at least testing the Free Agency waters---the Ducks assured themselves of getting some decent returns for them.

The Ducks also freed up some much-needed Salary Cap space.

Moen and Huskins are quality guys and I hope they help the Sharks win it all. (First, because I'd rather see the Sharks win than the Wings. Second because it will improve the conditional pick.)

Murray was ecstatic about Bonino and very high on the goalie (sorry, I forgot the spelling of his last name).

Hopefully, this will be a win-win trade for both teams.

Kick Save is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Crowdy
Co-founder, Crowdy

Why is everyone so high on Moen? Yeah, he brings toughness but he's a fourth line player. Him, Pahlsson, and R. Niedermayer have all taken a step down since they won the CUP. And for Huskins, he sucks! I couldn't stand him all year.

That being said, the Ducks win this one.

Crowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
Why is everyone so high on Moen? Yeah, he brings toughness but he's a fourth line player. Him, Pahlsson, and R. Niedermayer have all taken a step down since they won the CUP. And for Huskins, he sucks! I couldn't stand him all year.

That being said, the Ducks win this one.
Do you even know the kids you got in this deal? If you did, you wouldn't be saying something like that.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
caliamad

reading what our Gm is telling us, it sounds like a win.

Keep in mind Moen hasn't had a great season and most fans wouldn't want him re-signed for any amount of raise. They are currently making 900k and 625k.

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote