HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque Injured

Old
03-05-2009, 03:32 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
We could have had Carcillo, or any other cheap goon to finish the season...
I would have thought this season would have been a fine demonstration in the usefulness of goons -- or lack thereof.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Can't say I'm upset about this news. Honestly I've found him to be completely useless and a waste of a roster spot. At least now a player can play that can skate and play hockey.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
BigTimer*

Do not buy this guy out.

Put him in a position where he's forced to retire.

If we didn't have Cullimore and Salmelainen still rotting on our cap, we'd of had some extra room this year.

Not to mention I'd rather have Cullimore as a #7 than Brisebois, but Carbo needs to get his buddies some money.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
gainey gets 3 players tanguay(hurt at end of last season), lang and laraque last summer each had some injury history. excellent eye.
I guess good GMs are the ones who can predict the future. Ken Holland wasm't able to predict Hossa's freak accident the other night, he must be a terrible GM.

And please go cheer for the Bruins or at least go blast the Habs on the RDS talkbacks, you'll probably feel more at home.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Jarmusch

For what I understand, Laraque don't have to fight to play his role in this team.
So, I guess that only his presence in the press box should be enough to cool down the other team.
I mean... he's BGL !

Jarmusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
Do not buy this guy out.

If we didn't have Cullimore and Salmelainen still rotting on our cap, we'd of had some extra room this year.

Not to mention I'd rather have Cullimore as a #7 than Brisebois, but Carbo needs to get his buddies some money.
I"m hoping oilers will pick him up in the offseason for a 7th round pick.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Schooner Guy

You hate to see a Habs player injured but BGL's injury will likely be a blessing for the team. Dandy will make the 4th line effective again.

So much for having BGL to police the ice if we face a team that tries to physically run us out of the rink.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Supposedly BGL can barely walk... he still have problems with his back.

Buy him out Gainey please !
Buying him out would still cost the canadiens 3/4 of his salary on the cap...no point!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Artyukhin*

call up alex henry for the playoffs

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Iwishihadacup

well, Carbo won't have to scratch anybody to let Tanguay play

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:08 AM
RushDP

Quote:
gainey gets 3 players tanguay(hurt at end of last season), lang and laraque last summer each had some injury history. excellent eye.
Since you state that each of these players has a history of injury could you support your statement with facts? Could you list the number of and duration of each players injuries throughout their careers? I'm interested because obviously you must have researched this before you posted it.

Since BG didn't do his homework in checking out their injury plagued history as you say, it must be child's play to do this and support your campaign of hate for BG.

I think I will make it my mission to follow your every stupid post and comment on them. Your hate has no place on a board reserved for fans of this team. Nobody is more critical than a real fan and criticism is permitted but you have nothing positive to add and nobody mistakes you for anything but a troll.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
call up alex henry for the playoffs
Give Conboy a call

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:04 AM
habs24

BGL is the best fighter the Habs have had since Kordic. By far. Frankly I was tired of watching my Habs getting the **** kicked out of them every time the gloves hit the ice. I can't believe people want him gone. "Could have had Carcillo", "Bring up Henry". Are you ****ing kidding me? Henry got pounded in his only fight. Carcillo only beats the Markus Naslunds of the world. For sure I would like to see BGL more agressive. I would have loved if he would have kicked Lucic's teeth in. But he is doing his job. Brad May beat up the Cube and the next time they played BGL schooled him. He isn't the reason the Habs are performing badly,and people think its his fault. Blame BGL. Hamrlik is ****ing brutal but its BGL's fault. The guy has won every fight he has been in for the Habs.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-06-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Don't circumvent the profanity filter.
habs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
You hate to see a Habs player injured but BGL's injury will likely be a blessing for the team. Dandy will make the 4th line effective again.

So much for having BGL to police the ice if we face a team that tries to physically run us out of the rink.
Tanguay is coming back tonight. So no place for Dandy on the fourth line unless another player is put in the stands.

I'd rather see Dandy on defence right now.

Adios BGL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
BGL is the best fighter the Habs have had since Kordic. By far. Frankly I was tired of watching my Habs getting the **** kicked out of them every time the gloves hit the ice. I can't believe people want him gone. "Could have had Carcillo", "Bring up Henry". Are you ****ing kidding me? Henry got pounded in his only fight. Carcillo only beats the Markus Naslunds of the world. For sure I would like to see BGL more agressive. I would have loved if he would have kicked Lucic's teeth in. But he is doing his job. Brad May beat up the Cube and the next time they played BGL schooled him. He isn't the reason the Habs are performing badly,and people think its his fault. Blame BGL. Hamrlik is ****inf brutal but its BGL's fault. The guy has won every fight he has been in for the Habs.
Hve they won anything because of BGL presence ? Whre was he when Sauer hit A.Kost ?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-06-2009 at 09:56 AM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Hve they won anything because of BGL presence ? Whre was he when Sauer hit A.Kost ?
He was pounding on Fedoruk because Sauer wouldn't go near him. Did you not see that game?

Old
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Delat

I would love to know what's going on in Carbo's head about Laraque. He must be pissed, the guy wants ice time, plays like crap and gets injured all the time.

They should invent a rule for such annoying players, I can't believe 1,5M$ of our cap goes to this guy.

And for the Sauer game, I was there and Georges did everything he could to fight Sauer but couldn't get it done.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by visorwearinghockey View Post
Do not buy this guy out.

Guys that retire are still a cap hit over 35.

The cap hit for Cullimore and Salamainen is only 800k, another role player, it's not like we missed out on anybody because of that.

Brisebois at #7 helps our PP while Cullimore is a pylon.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
BGL is the best fighter the Habs have had since Kordic. By far. Frankly I was tired of watching my Habs getting the **** kicked out of them every time the gloves hit the ice. I can't believe people want him gone. "Could have had Carcillo", "Bring up Henry". Are you ****ing kidding me? Henry got pounded in his only fight. Carcillo only beats the Markus Naslunds of the world. For sure I would like to see BGL more agressive. I would have loved if he would have kicked Lucic's teeth in. But he is doing his job. Brad May beat up the Cube and the next time they played BGL schooled him. He isn't the reason the Habs are performing badly,and people think its his fault. Blame BGL. Hamrlik is ****ing brutal but its BGL's fault. The guy has won every fight he has been in for the Habs.
Amen. For people to point to Laraque as a problem on this team before others is laughable.

-this team can't play defense
-has a supposed star goalie that seems like a headcase
-has multiple forwards who are playing terribly or regressing
-can't seem to teach it's defenseman how to play

And Georges Lararque is the problem? C'mon guys - give your heads a shake.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Gary320

Personally, I don't think he is the problem but I do think he can contribute more.
I've never heard anyone say he is the sole problem.. so you guys are clearly over-exaggerating.

It's things like hitting people in the corners.. pushing people around.. thats what people expect him to do.. and he doesn't do it. I dont want him to go out there and fight every game, because it's useless.. but when a player runs over your goalie or hits your most important player.. go towards him push him around tell him WTF?! scare him so he doesn't do it again... don't just polietly ask him to stop... and give him an angel face look.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Personally, I don't think he is the problem but I do think he can contribute more.
I've never heard anyone say he is the sole problem.. so you guys are clearly over-exaggerating.

It's things like hitting people in the corners.. pushing people around.. thats what people expect him to do.. and he doesn't do it. I dont want him to go out there and fight every game, because it's useless.. but when a player runs over your goalie or hits your most important player.. go towards him push him around tell him WTF?! scare him so he doesn't do it again... don't just polietly ask him to stop... and give him an angel face look.
There seems to be a lot of threads dedicated to him, though. Hence the response.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
What a weak post.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post

I agree and thats why I said I would like to see him a bit more aggressive. The same people on here critizing him for not doing enough would be the same people critizing him if he went out and pounded on someone that didn't want to fight and took a dumb penalty. There are planty of posts on here stating that he sucks and *****. He has won every fight he has been in. We haven't had that in years. Kosto dropping his gloves and getting pasted all the time was just giving the other team momentum. Just my rant

Old
03-06-2009, 01:15 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Buying him out would still cost the canadiens 3/4 of his salary on the cap...no point!
Actually, the buy out is 2/3 of the $ left on the contract over twice the length. Since Laraque has 2 years left at 1.5 million each, he would be owed 2 million (out of the three) over a period of 4 years, so $500 K/year. It's not that bad a hit.

Also, I don't think anyone's saying Laraque's THE problem, only that he's a waste of a roster spot. Whether he's in the lineup or not teams still take liberties - nobody's afraid of BGL or any other enforcer - that's a pure myth. For teams to not get picked on they need to A.) Stand up for themselves and B.) Punish teams with their PP. The Habs don't do either.

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
How would you know? Were you there?

So, do you still think we're all lying?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote