HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will it be?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
  #26
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
GM: Timmins.

IMO, BG and GC are gone at the end of the season. EPIC Fail, this year. They've blown it.
Your opinion is dead wrong. It may be your wish, which is foolish in itself, but you're wrong. Simple as that.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
  #27
3TB3*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Glorieux View Post
With the recent event and the end of the "quinquenal plan", I really think Gainey will leave is job right after the playoff. If he choose to not come back next year as the GM of the Montreal Canadiens, who do you think should be named in charge of the hockey operations?

GM: Pierre Lacroix
Coach: Bob Hartley
Assistant #1: Benoit Groulx
Assistant #2: Eric Desjardins
nfl has a rule so minority coachs and gms can get jobs

this nhl team needs it too

habs greatest eras and most of the stanley cups

dick irvin
frank selke
sammy pollock
toe blake
scotty bowman


when they hired the best man for the job - no racial or linguistic considerations

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
  #28
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
GM: Timmins.

IMO, BG and GC are gone at the end of the season. EPIC Fail, this year. They've blown it.
The season is over? Did I miss something? Who won the cup?

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
  #29
3TB3*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
The season is over? Did I miss something? Who won the cup?
montreal, tampa bay and a bunch of others wont this year.

3TB3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
  #30
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
YA ok the season is not even over. And the use of "EPIC fail" makes you lose any credibility.
Apparently you are unaware of the total meltdown of this team the last few months.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:06 PM
  #31
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
montreal, tampa bay and a bunch of others wont this year.
Monteral and Tampa? Wow and a bunch of others.. Yes, you are right. 29 teams won't win the cup.. Others.. You are a genius.. Tampa (the worst team) and other.. Are you a fan or a troll?

Montreal is a good team and everyone in the league know it, yet some supposed "fans" are never happy. It's very hard to end each season at the top of your division. The NHL spends a whole lot of time and energy trying to make each team as close as possible. The Habs have been doing pretty good in the last few years and they are only getting better. So they missed the play-offs by one point. it happens. New coach, young team. Don't ask for miracles..

The Habs should make the play-offs and may win the cup if they get hot during the play-offs.. No one thought the Habs would make the play-offs last year and I cheered for them anyways.. And they finished 1st in the east. Now no one expects them to win the cup. Who cares, cheer for your team.. They spend the most money to get a good team and they had a good team before all the injuries started.. Did you guys forget the injuries..

Well you have a choice. ignore the fact that the organization sees winning as a priority and boo everytime the stuggle, or appreciate the fact that Gillett let's management spend the most they can to get a competitive team and cheer for your team!!

Go HABS Go!!!


Last edited by Belso: 03-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:25 PM
  #32
habsrock60
Registered User
 
habsrock60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Lord God, what is with all the Gainey threads. One loss last night and everyone has his head. The last 4 games he was a genius. Is it because he didn't do anything yesterday? We needed a center. The only one was Jokinen and he didn't come cheap. We got our D-man in Schneider. I honestly believe some of you think that he sits there twiddling his thumbs eating popcorn all day. Gainey is one of the best minds in hockey and has built this team up from the darkest days in habs history. Our core is all rookies. Lets get some experiance under these guys before we judge him hmm? This isn't just a rant at the Op's thread, it's all the ridiculos Gainey threads.

habsrock60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
  #33
BeerHell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
I'm all for keeping Bob in place but for how long, I mean great he rebuilded the team, at least we have a great farm team now so future looks better than 5 years ago...but now it's time to take it to the other level no? from now on he needs to concentrate on making us a contender. we have alot of young guys, now we need to start adding some meat around the bones...I mean should we wait for MaxPac,D'ags, subban, Mcd & Price to be our top players surrounded by rookies before we can expect a seious run at the cup. Cause I wish I didn't have to wait another 5 years to become a serious contender...we need to get to conference final.

BeerHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
  #34
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
My dream management group
GM: Marc Denis (hey, it kinda worked for the Islanders no?)
Head coach: Gaston Therrien (imagine his chronique au tableau with the players)
Assistant: Georges Laraque (his extensive time on the power play will make him a valuable power play coach)
Def coach: Patrice Brisebois (soon to be 1000 game veteran, has tons of experience in the defensive zone)
Goalie coach: Red Light Racicot


Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:11 PM
  #35
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Posts: 14
Troll: #1

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:17 PM
  #36
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vygor View Post
Gainey should go back behind the bench again, and take over the reigns from there again as that would motivate the players to try better!
I thought of the same thing when I was reading through the thread.

Gainey should be coach and GM.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
  #37
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,054
vCash: 500
Unless the team fails to reach the playoffs or collapses in the first round I think Gainey and Carbo are back next year.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
  #38
Stubbs88
Registered User
 
Stubbs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
you can tell by yesterday that gainey is planning to stay put.
if he knew this was his last chance dont you think he would have got rid of all our young talent for one shot?
GAINEY STAYS

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:04 AM
  #39
Doc McKenna
Registered User
 
Doc McKenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
Lord God, what is with all the Gainey threads. One loss last night and everyone has his head. The last 4 games he was a genius. Is it because he didn't do anything yesterday? We needed a center. The only one was Jokinen and he didn't come cheap. We got our D-man in Schneider. I honestly believe some of you think that he sits there twiddling his thumbs eating popcorn all day. Gainey is one of the best minds in hockey and has built this team up from the darkest days in habs history. Our core is all rookies. Lets get some experience under these guys before we judge him hmm? This isn't just a rant at the Op's thread, it's all the ridiculos Gainey threads.
Hey hey hey, don't be using none of yer high falutin' logic get in the way of a good Gainey bashing thread. It's been 1 game since the deadline you know we are suppose to have won the cup last night but we didn't because we didn't sign Joki.
I mean he did fix the powerplay and the return of Tang and Lats will really help fix some problems up front, but we fell 7 spots last night because we didn't overpay for a centre with a history of locker room problems coming to a team known for taking care of all lockeroom issues and press issues. Because Joki is as good as vinny and that is what this team needs, don't worry about the future this is the 100th its all that matters.(and it starts all over again)

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:38 AM
  #40
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
nfl has a rule so minority coachs and gms can get jobs

this nhl team needs it too

habs greatest eras and most of the stanley cups

dick irvin
frank selke
sammy pollock
toe blake
scotty bowman


when they hired the best man for the job - no racial or linguistic considerations
Scotty Bowman and Sam Pollock are/were both French and Toe Blake was fluent in the language. Irvin and Selke were hired out of desperation because the franchise was in trouble (Irvin because the team sucked and Selke because the team was losing a lot of money). So to hope for a non-French GM or coach is unrealistic, though it is a ridiculous "rule".

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:06 AM
  #41
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Le Glorieux;18364093]With the recent event and the end of the "quinquenal plan", I really think Gainey will leave is job right after the playoff.


The only way Gainey would not return as Habs GM is .......if he was fired!

As long as Gainey is making $$$ for George Gillette I expect Gainey will remain as GM!

As for any such "plan" that Gainey has for the Habs in terms of say.....competing for a Cup, Gainey might want to rethink those plans - considering the results of any plan he may have had when he signed on with the Habs (nearly) 6 years ago!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:11 AM
  #42
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Scotty Bowman and Sam Pollock are/were both French and Toe Blake was fluent in the language. Irvin and Selke were hired out of desperation because the franchise was in trouble (Irvin because the team sucked and Selke because the team was losing a lot of money). So to hope for a non-French GM or coach is unrealistic, though it is a ridiculous "rule".
Dude - you are delusional.

Bowman is of Scotch ancestary - although he is fluent in speaking the french language.

Pollock was of English decent - don`t know if he did or did not speak french!

Blake did indeed speak french!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:21 AM
  #43
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,077
vCash: 500
Maybe this hockey staff will keep all of those who want to make sure that we have a trade everytime a rumor or deadline comes:

GM: Pierre Maguire
Asst GM: Doug Maclean
Coach: Terry Crisp
Assistant #1: Nick Kypreos
Assistant #2: Gord Miller's chin.

Head of hockey operations: Glen Sather

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:27 AM
  #44
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,650
vCash: 500
Thank god Gillet bought this team or we would have management like that.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:19 AM
  #45
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
I thought of the same thing when I was reading through the thread.

Gainey should be coach and GM.
I'll agree with that...but it's obvious that Bob would prefer not to be the coach. Our team responds the best when Gainey is behind the bench for sure.

But honestly as long as Gainey is GM, Carbo will be the coach - as we all know.

I'm a Carbo supporter, but part of being a coach is being able to motivate your players. I've heard too many suggestions that Carbo doesn't communicate with his players - that concerns me. How do you motivate a bunch of millionaires? It's not easy to be a coach.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
  #46
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,474
vCash: 500
Gainey will remain as GM.

This whole 5 year plan thing is way, way overblown. He made those comments at a completely different time in the NHL. It was before the lockout, which drastically changed the way you do business. No more throwing huge money at UFAs if you want to build a good, long-term team. Not to mention that he had to take a year off as well.

You guys need to stop harping on this 5 year plan thing. It's stupid. The team is on the rise and is just suffering a setback this year.

The only really bad move he's made is not firing Guy Carbonneau.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
  #47
Pat
Registered User
 
Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee#9 View Post
Like it or not Gainey is here for a long time
personnaly I like it
personnaly I don't mind it...but I think Gainey has to clean house with this coaching staff.

and if he still wants Carbonneau as headcoach, Carbonneau has to work on his communication skills this summer.

then get a real d-man coach. and get a real assistant coach who's has good knowledge of what needs to be done on the ice.

Jarvis as d-man coach isn't working...everybody sees that. Muller seems clueless.

and Melançon doesn't look like the guy who can get Price back on track.

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
  #48
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,486
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Apparently you are unaware of the total meltdown of this team the last few months.
They have won 4 of their last 5.....also Boston has lost 9 of their last 12 does that make them an EPIC fail also?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
  #49
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,209
vCash: 500
Difference is that in most games that Boston lost, and I've seen a few, they were beaten by a really hot goalie. Add to that the fact that it could finally be the slump we were all waiting for and that's how you explain it.

Seems to me that even our wins feel like losses lately....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:07 AM
  #50
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
you can tell by yesterday that gainey is planning to stay put.
if he knew this was his last chance dont you think he would have got rid of all our young talent for one shot?
GAINEY STAYS
Exactly. Getting fired is one thing, but quitting? He has shown absolutely no sign of wanting to quit now...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.