HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[EDM/CAR/LA/BUF] 4-way trade (details inside)

Old
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 777
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
Damn Kings fans... so anti O's suddenly. Hey, the kid was frustrating to watch at times but I appreciated the fact that every time he was across the attacking blueline, the only thing that went through his mind was, "I'm getting this puck to that net". Did he hit the net every time? Not even close. But that part of his game can improve. It's harder to get a young player to always want to shoot and score than it is to get him to have a better shot selection.
Just wait until he gets some playing time with Hemsky (EV or PP). He's going to have some great shot selections with usually lots of net to hit.

Oh, and with regards to other comments, if one good play off scoring run proves your 'money' in the playoffs, then we'll be fine--we still have Pisani and made it to game 7 of the SCF with his help, so no need for Cole, then, huh?

Well, I hope that's the case then, actually.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
kingpest19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Just wait until he gets some playing time with Hemsky (EV or PP). He's going to have some great shot selections with usually lots of net to hit.

Oh, and with regards to other comments, if one good play off scoring run proves your 'money' in the playoffs, then we'll be fine--we still have Pisani and made it to game 7 of the SCF with his help, so no need for Cole, then, huh?

Well, I hope that's the case then, actually.
He got time with Kopitar, Its not like Hemsky is going to turn the kid into the next Hull. Cant fualt the kid for wanting to shoot the puck but at the same time he needs to be smarter with his shots.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
He got time with Kopitar, Its not like Hemsky is going to turn the kid into the next Hull. Cant fualt the kid for wanting to shoot the puck but at the same time he needs to be smarter with his shots.
So Kopitar has Hemsky's vision? Ask some coaches and GMs in the NHL and see if they'd agree. I'll tell you one right away that won't: Gretzky.

Old
03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
Kopitar is a fantastic player, but he's not the same type of player by any stretch. Hemsky is the better playmaker and will give him 2-3 open nets a game if O'Sullivan can learn to read Hemmer. The problem is, only two players have ever been able to do that in the past - Petr Sykora and Shawn Horcoff.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:23 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Kopitar is a fantastic player, but he's not the same type of player by any stretch. Hemsky is the better playmaker and will give him 2-3 open nets a game if O'Sullivan can learn to read Hemmer. The problem is, only two players have ever been able to do that in the past - Petr Sykora and Shawn Horcoff.
I'd agree, and this is pretty much what I wanted to convey. Hemsky's vision is unreal, and anyone in doubt should really catch more Oiler games--he can be absolutely unreal in his playmaking.

Old
03-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
This was my main issue with O'Sullivan. He just doesn't get himself in prime scoring areas, and to date he hasn't shown that he is willing to pay the price to do so. Hopefully things change in Edmonton for him because I'd love to see the kid succeed, but I won't hold my breath.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
This was my main issue with O'Sullivan. He just doesn't get himself in prime scoring areas, and to date he hasn't shown that he is willing to pay the price to do so. Hopefully things change in Edmonton for him because I'd love to see the kid succeed, but I won't hold my breath.
A lot of it is chemistry. If he can read what Hemsky is trying to do and pull off, he'll be very successful. If he's confused all to hell, he'll have some trouble, and maybe even a period of adjustment wouldn't be much help. We'll have to see.

Old
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
VictoryRose

I love a line with Hemsky and O'Sullivan.

so do Phaneuf, Bieksa, Burns, Regher, et al.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:50 PM
The Polak*

I see the fear in the NW fans

We are now the close of our division. The cup is ours for the taking

The Polak* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
HuMz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polak View Post
I see the fear in the NW fans

We are now the close of our division. The cup is ours for the taking
Your such a homer its beyond hilarious

HuMz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
I love a line with Hemsky and O'Sullivan.

so do Phaneuf, Bieksa, Burns, Regher, et al.
One of those names is not like the others, one of those names just does not belong.

Trust me, not many teams are scared of Celine defensively.

Good thing they aren't on the same line then.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:20 PM
slovenija

Quote:
Oh my god; you have to be joking; Hemsky better playmaker than Anze; I love canadian fans. I suggest you open a poll.

slovenija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:22 PM
slovenija

Quote:
So Kopitar has Hemsky's vision? Ask some coaches and GMs in the NHL and see if they'd agree. I'll tell you one right away that won't: Gretzky.
Hemsky; LOL

Old
03-05-2009, 06:24 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovenija View Post
Oh my god; you have to be joking; Hemsky better playmaker than Anze; I love this canadian fans. I suggest you open a poll.
Uhhh.... I'm a Kings fan and I absolutely think Hemsky is a better playmaker than Kopitar. Kopitar may be a better overall player (and I'm sure there will be Edmonton fans that will debate that), but playmaking, Kopitar is not even close to Hemsky yet. Hands down.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:27 PM
slovenija

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
Uhhh.... I'm a Kings fan and I absolutely think Hemsky is a better playmaker than Kopitar. Kopitar may be a better overall player (and I'm sure there will be Edmonton fans that will debate that), but playmaking, Kopitar is not even close to Hemsky yet. Hands down.
So what are the points from assist saying ?

Old
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
That line was on a tear because of Frolov, he makes everyone better. O'Sulkivan has been mouthy all season according to several Kings insiders who watch practices.
O'Sulkivan? O'God seems theres more than one 16 year old on the kings board.

TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
mapes

A 4 Way Trade? How rare are these?

Looks like pretty even value all around.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
caniac247

For the Oiler fans who think your GM screwed over the other GMs you might need to know how it all came about.

Rutherford was on a local radio station here in NC and was asked how things got started. Rutherford said that LA initiated everything first, they called and inquired about Williams. He thought about moving Williams and thought who he could bring in with speed, physicalness and someone who won't disrupt chemistry. Cole brings all 3 of those tangibles. So when he made the decision to move Williams, he said he got on the phone with Edmonton.

So that tells me JR called Edmonton, said I want Cole, LA wants Williams, who do you want in LA. And then the wheeling and dealing started.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:33 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
If you only are focusing on his point totals, you are missing what Cole brought which was speed on the edge, physical play, constant forechecking, etc.
And Pisani adds elite PK ability, leadership, etc. etc.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew View Post
O'Sulkivan? O'God seems theres more than one 16 year old on the kings board.
I know right? I love the "several kings insiders" quote. That's hillarious.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovenija View Post
So what are the points from assist saying ?
Uhh...

Kopitar has 32 assists in 63 games
Hemsky has 32 assists in 53 games

I think that says that Hemsky is a better playmaker. Now, that may still not mean that O'Sullivan is going to go and pot 30 goals next season, but it's definitely not going to hurt.

Don't get me wrong, I love Anze, but you have to be a little objective here.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:30 PM
ranleblanc

Hemsky better playmaker than Kopitar......are you serious, wow, some people. You would have to watch Kopitar before saying crazy things like that. Hemsky is good and all, but you can"t go saying crazy things like that.

ranleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:07 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
Link doesn't work...but i guess the Oilers HF posters will have to be diligent and watch for him and add him to the ignore list, if everyone there does this maybe he will go away!
I Googled - builditagain - and got links to hfboards threads. The name was changed to - Builditagain* - so I Googled that and got the same hfboards threads. Anyway, from there I was able to access the history of posts - about 150 total from summer/fall 2008. Yes, seemed like almost all had something to do with Patrick. If this is really the father - weird - as in obsessed.

BallPointHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:18 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
What Im saying is that it doesnt matter whos passing the puck when the choice of shot selection being made is bad. When you shoot wide or into defenseman it doesnt matter whos passing the puck.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:52 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
For the Oiler fans who think your GM screwed over the other GMs you might need to know how it all came about.

Rutherford was on a local radio station here in NC and was asked how things got started. Rutherford said that LA initiated everything first, they called and inquired about Williams. He thought about moving Williams and thought who he could bring in with speed, physicalness and someone who won't disrupt chemistry. Cole brings all 3 of those tangibles. So when he made the decision to move Williams, he said he got on the phone with Edmonton.

So that tells me JR called Edmonton, said I want Cole, LA wants Williams, who do you want in LA. And then the wheeling and dealing started.
Thx. Nice to have an informative post amongst all these fools arguing. I kind of figured it was LA who started everything. I think they wanted their return the most while at the same time departing with the most value.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote