HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tellqvist to get the Sens, Roy may slide to LW, Moore did not practice (visa issue)

Old
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Tellqvist to get the Sens, Roy may slide to LW, Moore did not practice (visa issue)

From Herrington's entry after today's practice: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...k-at-work.html

Quote:
UPDATE I: Moore will be wearing No. 17 and not No. 23 as you may have been hearing elsewhere. Tellqvist wore No 32 last night and is expected to keep that.

UPDATE II: The lines on the ice look like this: Vanek-Connolly-Stafford, Hecht-Gaustad-Pominville, Paille-Roy-Afinogenov, Ellis-Mair-Kaleta. The spares are MacArthur and Peters. Not having Moore here is a difficult problem. Now he'll have to be slotted on a line during tomorrow's morning skate, not the best proposition. Will be interesting to hear what Ruff has to say about this one afterwards.

UPDATE III: Ruff said he may use Moore at center and move Derek Roy to left wing. Ruff also said Patrick Lalime is going too well and he will start Friday but that Tellqvist definitely has a chance to play Saturday in Ottawa.

03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I think we'll see Paille - Roy - Afinogenov maintained... the more I think about it, the more that appears to be "ruff-esque".

If that's not the case and Ruff really does move Roy to wing, we might see something like:

Vanek - Connolly - Stafford
Paille - Moore - Roy
Hecht - Gaustad - Pominville
Kaleta - Mair - Afinogenov

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:19 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I think we'll see Paille - Roy - Afinogenov maintained... the more I think about it, the more that appears to be "ruff-esque".
Assuming you're right about PRA:

Vanek - Connolly - Stafford
Paille - Roy - Afinogenov
Gaustad - Moore - Pominville
Kaleta - Mair - Hecht

Works for me. And I'm glad Ruff said he's not sitting Lalime just yet. If he continues to play like he did against the Habs, Telly can stay on the bench and knit himself a new scarf. You don't pull a goalie playing that well - it'd be a huge confidence boost for Lalime to be the difference maker in our push to get into the playoffs, and if we wind up need him in a playoff run, that could be huge.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote