HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

bruins fan on recchi

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM
bigbaddbruins

vCash: 500
bruins fan on recchi

i am very happy about getting recchi, but we got him at a big loss. Lashoff and Karsums are both great players who will serve you well if you play them correctly. ruins have plenty of depth so we never gave them much nhl experience, and the little time we did we expected way to much of them. Both these players both need a good 100 games with decent minutes of nhl experience and they will both be solid. If you send them to the ahl and bring them up here and there they will never become what they can be, both having great talent at there positions. Hope your team gives them what they need, and in a year and a half they will contribute greatly. Playing Ahl games will only get you used to playing alot slower hockey. the nhl minutes is the only way to know what you really have. Both guys have been in our system awhile, but are still considered rookies. If you do give them the min they need we will have easily lost this trade. I am syked they go to a place where they may get playing time, so i can see what they can be, instead of just rotting in the ahl because us bruins fans if you dont produce right away we will quickly throw them under the bus . As for this year goooo recchi i hope he kicks some butt for 20 games and the playoffs or we got even more screwed in this deal. i will like to see both of them kick butt, just as long its not against us. enjoy

Old
03-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaddbruins View Post
i am very happy about getting recchi, but we got him at a big loss. Lashoff and Karsums are both great players who will serve you well if you play them correctly. ruins have plenty of depth so we never gave them much nhl experience, and the little time we did we expected way to much of them. Both these players both need a good 100 games with decent minutes of nhl experience and they will both be solid. If you send them to the ahl and bring them up here and there they will never become what they can be, both having great talent at there positions. Hope your team gives them what they need, and in a year and a half they will contribute greatly. Playing Ahl games will only get you used to playing alot slower hockey. the nhl minutes is the only way to know what you really have. Both guys have been in our system awhile, but are still considered rookies. If you do give them the min they need we will have easily lost this trade. I am syked they go to a place where they may get playing time, so i can see what they can be, instead of just rotting in the ahl because us bruins fans if you dont produce right away we will quickly throw them under the bus . As for this year goooo recchi i hope he kicks some butt for 20 games and the playoffs or we got even more screwed in this deal. i will like to see both of them kick butt, just as long its not against us. enjoy

Its pretty safe to say that they both will probably have untill the rest of the season to get there NHL experience. I felt at the trading dead line we won one, lost one and got ripped on one, this one being the winner.

I fully expect both of them to play the rest of there games this season in a bolts jersey, especially Lashoff. I'm completly syked about this kid, I have a feeling hes going to be something special.

Old
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Sakaarnis

Just to inform you. Karsums moving to Tampa means that this organisation will be watched closely by large number of hockey supporters from Latvia. If he gets to play, that will mean bad news for some eployers to see their employees dead out tired from watching the game last night (NHL games usually start 2-4 AM local time).

Old
03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakaarnis View Post
Just to inform you. Karsums moving to Tampa means that this organisation will be watched closely by large number of hockey supporters from Latvia. If he gets to play, that will mean bad news for some eployers to see their employees dead out tired from watching the game last night (NHL games usually start 2-4 AM local time).
We have needed more Latvians since trading Kaspars Astashenko.

03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
WreckItRask

Good trade for both sides. Rechi fills a huge hole left by Sturm's injury for the B's, and provides some veteran experience to a team that is wet behind the ears. Karsums is what he is, but I think he can stick around as a 3rd/4th liner. He was just never going to get a real shot in Boston, so hopefully a fresh start and some time in the show will do him justice.

Lashoff was easily the most polarizing prospect (on these boards) in the B's organization. A lot of posters thought he sucked, some posters thought he was going to be amazing, and a bunch fall somewhere in between (a good prospect that could be a decent NHLer in the next 2 years or so). He's probably the biggest mystery that could have been aquired from the B's because nobody knows how this is going to play out. His ceiling talent-wise is ridiculously high, and if he comes close to fulfilling his potential, then you guys have another Brian Campbell or Dan Boyle type player. But there is an equal chance that he's the next Jeff Jillson...a talented kid that just never could put it together at the NHL level. I like the move for both sides, and I think the 2nd rounder next year mitigates some of the risk that Lashoff could break out and become a star.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Recchi earned my utmost respect during his time here, I was very much against picking him up in first play during the summer, but boy did he prove me wrong, not only by good play but the speed he still has, the work ethic and the way he has been off the ice. So just hope him the best in Bruins

03-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Sakaarnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
We have needed more Latvians since trading Kaspars Astashenko.
Thats 9 years since his last shift in NHL, good memory. But Astashenko was bloody awfull

Old
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Thats 9 years since his last shift in NHL, good memory. But Astashenko was bloody awfull
Honestly, the only thing I remembered is how I wanted to name my first born Kaspars because it was such a great sounding name.

Speaking of Karsums, he is practicing on a line with Prospal and Lecavalier since Malone has the flu so he should get a decent amount of minutes tomorrow. against the Blues.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Sakaarnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Honestly, the only thing I remembered is how I wanted to name my first born Kaspars because it was such a great sounding name.

Speaking of Karsums, he is practicing on a line with Prospal and Lecavalier since Malone has the flu so he should get a decent amount of minutes tomorrow. against the Blues.
Well, Kaspars is my real name

Yeah i read that on EE blog. I suppose they want to see what Karsums can provide for Bolts before signing new contract. Giving him big minutes cant hurt team at this point, can it

Ive been following Karsums closely since his arrival in NA. People have been reporting right, hes not a flashy player and does not posess fancy moves, but boy he is gritty. A little tank on skates. He can crush the boards, make huge open ice hits and move the puck. Also, he has nose for net. Not beeing the fastest man on ice, he still can manage to brake defence and be in the right place in the right time.

During his short stint in Bruins uniform this season and playing sub par minutes, he didnt show much of what hes capable of. if you ask me, that was becouse his first priority was not to make any mistake while rushing things and risking of getting beaten on defence. He did just that - played a mistake free game, but hes capable of much more.

Im excited about tomorrow, game against STL will start at 2:30 AM here and the biggest challange for me will be not take too much whiskey on the chest.

Old
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Nice, have been to Latvia, it was great spent a few days in Riga, damn it was cold, still I suppose that is why there is a lot of hockey. Yeah I sympathise about the time difference thing games dont normally start in the UK till at least 1am.

Old
03-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Sakaarnis

Since i was talking about Karsums in this thread - Here is what Karsums told to Latvian media after the trade:

Karums told Latvian news agency LETA that most important and hardest thing now is to get used to new team tactics.

"Team has cool players. They all are normal people and i think it wont be hard to adopt to the new condidtions. Only tactics here are little different than what we had in Boston."

"I havent really spoke to Rick Tocchet yet. Will do it tomorrow (as in today). Today i was skateing along Lecavalier and Prospal. Both are leading players in team, maybe even in the whole league."

"Providence had a game in Toronto and i went there. I found out that ive been traded only when i got off the plane and in few hours i was off to Florida."

"Im pretty happy that i got traded, becouse i wasnt given too much chance to prove myself in Boston. It should be different here. I was told, that team has traded many forwards, they are trying to get younger. Weather is great here too," added Karsums.

Most likely Karsums will play with nr.44.

Closed Thread