HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey not signing Komisarek during the season is a good thing!

Old
03-05-2009, 02:37 AM
GNick42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)
I would be really surprised if Komisarek is here after this summer. Look at Souray and Streit before him, Gainey generally lets them walk instead of giving in to the big contract. Komi will get in neighbour of 5 million. Doubt very much Gainey will match.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:44 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
I think Komo's injuries are responsible for this season. But if he's re-signed and still sucks, well he's just another Hab 1st round bust/disappointment. We could take Malkin and make him average, that's how bad our coaching systems have been.
True... i imagine a Malkin getting like 50 pts/season on 3rd line shutdown.

You never know with Carbo...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
A lot of people wanted gainey to sign Komisarek at the beginning of the season for 4.5-5 millions a year, wich would be a mistake. His value seems to be dropping every game and he will be lucky to sign at more than 3.5 millions a year!! We have a lot of young similar type of defensemen to replace him if he doesn't want to stay in montreal (Emelin, Valentenko, McDonagh, Pateryn...)
Komisarek is not going to sign for any where near the top amounts posted here anyway. Fandom on this board has a grossly inflated valuation of him. He'll get what he'll get from Bob and it won't start with a 4,5, or 6.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Mr Underhill

The Lightning will gladly take Komi for 4-5mil!

Komi - Meszaros
Ranger - Hedman
Smaby - Whoever

+ Smith and our offense = playoffs for sure!

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
or maybe its the opposite?

maybe he plays like crap because he don't know if he will re-sign?
How does that make any sense?
"hmmm will I be making 3, 4 or 5 Million $ next year? --- Hey, I know, I'll give this guy in a black jersey the puck, maybe he'll help me out?"

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 07:47 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
3.5 max pls

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Who told Komisarek the puck was a grenade?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
The Lightning will gladly take Komi for 4-5mil!

Komi - Meszaros
Ranger - Hedman
Smaby - Whoever

+ Smith and our offense = playoffs for sure!
LOL the Lightning can't afford the salaries on the books right now, I highly doubt they will pick up Komi for 5+million(some on here think he should earn 6+) Not unless we make a deal that involves us taking lecav off your hands for komi in which case you could pay him 5 million+ But I think If I was you I would rather keep 80 point vinny than take a 15 point komi who should rebound but may not.
Hey just cuz SJ got fleeced for rivet and they got rid of him within 2 years doesn't mean the current lightning management might not make the same decision. Or it could turn into a rib/ninny trade we had with dallas? Who knows.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 11:00 PM
CPrice

Right now, I think Komo is worth 3.75/5 year.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:58 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TB3 View Post
cheap gillette never would NE V ER have paid malkin after paying crosby.
How is Gillette cheap?

**** man.. The habs are pretty close to the cap, I have no idea how Gillette is considered cheep, get real. He's a great owner.

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I think some team will offer him 5-6 million...and he'll take it
You don't see to understand the process.

Even before he goes on the UFA market, the Habs will have negotiations with him, I believe he will get signed for 3.7-4.1 annually. Despite his crappy year I think that's a good thing. In an ideal world he signs for 6 years at 22.5 mil.

Even if he hit the open market, I can't see him getting 5.5 per year given the economic conditions, plus a lot of big market teams are up against the cap...calgary NYR Washington Pittsburgh Detroit plus Boston has a lot of guys to sign. Toronto could afford him but does he want to rebuild for 2-3 yeras?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:07 AM
BLONG7

5M-6M seeme way to high guys...with the cap/economy questions, it seems like Komo would be more in the 4M neighborhood, even though he is having a tough season...but as stated, it just takes 1 GM who has to make a bold move in the off-season, and there goes the neighborohood...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:15 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
3.5 max pls
4 million like a Jay McKee or Mike Commodore

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:50 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You don't see to understand the process.

Even before he goes on the UFA market, the Habs will have negotiations with him, I believe he will get signed for 3.7-4.1 annually. Despite his crappy year I think that's a good thing. In an ideal world he signs for 6 years at 22.5 mil.

Even if he hit the open market, I can't see him getting 5.5 per year given the economic conditions, plus a lot of big market teams are up against the cap...calgary NYR Washington Pittsburgh Detroit plus Boston has a lot of guys to sign. Toronto could afford him but does he want to rebuild for 2-3 yeras?
The way he played this season, I would NEVER offer him that kind of money on a long term contract of that many years...

He's playing like Rivet right now and there's no certainty that he'll be back to last year form in the next 6 years...

Right now, if I'm Gainey (which in this case, I wouldn't want to be), I would offer him a deal around 4mil/year for 2 or 3 years... wait to see if he accepts it and make a strong push at Beauchemin while still talking to Komi after july 1st if he wants more...

Right now, Komisarek is running on his reputation and his market value is way above his real value and that could bite us in the ass on the long run...

I think it'll take time to re-sign him, IF we do... remember the Kostitsyn negociations... well, setting his value will be long and hard, i assure you that...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:56 AM
FrankMTL

I would offer him 20 million for 5 years..they'll probably negotiate a bit

Hopefully he gets signed for 5 years between 18-22 million.

That would make his anual salary of between 3.6-4.4 million a year...

i woulden't go anywhere close to 5-6 million a year for him. Teams are really gonna screw themselves with the cap coming down and all these long term contracts with no trade clauses.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I would offer him 20 million for 5 years..they'll probably negotiate a bit

Hopefully he gets signed for 5 years between 18-22 million.

That would make his anual salary of between 3.6-4.4 million a year...

i woulden't go anywhere close to 5-6 million a year for him. Teams are really gonna screw themselves with the cap coming down and all these long term contracts with no trade clauses.
Right now, he's not playing like a 22 million dollars player... I hope Gainey won't become the second coming of Sather, like you're suggesting...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I would be surprised if Komisarek even hit the open market.

The same situation happened with Markov. People were screaming how he would leave the habs and sign for 6+ elsewhere. This didn't happen.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
If Komisarek want's 5 million a year on average,would you sign him or would you put in an offer of say 7.5 million for Bouwmeester?

Who would you guys rather have?

I'd take J-Bo

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
If Komisarek want's 5 million a year on average,would you sign him or would you put in an offer of say 7.5 million for Bouwmeester?

Who would you guys rather have?

I'd take J-Bo
If Komi wants $5M a year, I'd hate to do it, but he'd be walking. It's one thing to let a guy like Streit or Souray walk who are adequate defensively and very good offensively.. but Komisarek's best part of his game is shot blocking and hitting.. his defensive game, overall, is just slightly above average and his offensive game in below average.

I love the guy.. but at $5M? I'd pass. I'd offer $2.5M to Korneev before I'd give $5M to Komi.

I'd offer Komisarek $15M for 5 years and hopefully settle for $18M for 5 years ($3.5M/y). $3.5M/y would be over an 100% increase of his current salary.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Bullsmith

Komi's getting more than 4 million a year from someone.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote