HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next years line up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2009, 12:58 PM
  #1
Myt621
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Next years line up

Maybe it is to early to talk about this. With the trade deadline passing I just wanted to read your opinions on this.

Assumptions:
1) All of the canadiens prospects are going to be at the training camp next year
2) Players that you want to be resigned by Montreal are resigned
3) Montreal does not trade with anyone
4) Montreal does not sign any free agents (other than the above)

What line up in your eyes Motreal will have

My line up
Higgins-Kovu-Tangay
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Perezhogin-Maxwell-S.Kostitsyn
Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
D'Agostini/Chipchura

Markov-Shneider
Hamrlik-Konoreev
Komisarek-Georges
Weber/Emelin

Price/Halak

Myt621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:22 PM
  #2
Jakomyte
Registered User
 
Jakomyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,147
vCash: 500
Might be the first time I've thought this way, but I think its time for Kovalev to leave... seems like the team is dependent on him, which is normal of a star player, but his inconsistency ripples through the team too readily.

Tanguay-Koivu-D'Agostini
Higgins-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn
Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopolous
Pacioretty-Chipchura-S. Kostitsyn
Stewart/Laraque

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-O'Byrne
Gorges-Weber
Henry

Price
Halak

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
  #3
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Whatever happens next year, I don't want to think about it, this season is not over yet... BUT, I want Carboneau fired...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:31 PM
  #4
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Let's say that NO of our UFA's are re-signed
and NO new UFA'S are signed.
and NO trades are made...


then Bob has this team in his hands (all guys under contract)

Higgins - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Maxwell - S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Stewart - Chipchura - Metropolit - Laraque - White - Conboy
Desharnais - Beauregard -

Markov - Hamrlik - Gorges - O'Byrne - Weber - Henry - Belle - Carle

Halak - Price - Desjardins

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
  #5
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myt621 View Post
Maybe it is to early to talk about this. With the trade deadline passing I just wanted to read your opinions on this.

Assumptions:
1) All of the canadiens prospects are going to be at the training camp next year
2) Players that you want to be resigned by Montreal are resigned
3) Montreal does not trade with anyone
4) Montreal does not sign any free agents (other than the above)

What line up in your eyes Motreal will have

My line up
Higgins-Kovu-Tangay
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty
Perezhogin-Maxwell-S.Kostitsyn
Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
D'Agostini/Chipchura

Markov-Shneider
Hamrlik-Konoreev
Komisarek-Georges
Weber/Emelin

Price/Halak
Heck, why keep Koivu?? We need change...and bigger guys.

We've got so much depth at wings and defense, Bob should try to make a trade and acquire a good centre. Why not Staal?

Having Plekanec and Staal sounds good to me.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:39 PM
  #6
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Heck, why keep Koivu?? We need change...and bigger guys.

We've got so much depth at wings and defense, Bob should try to make a trade and acquire a good centre. Why not Staal?

Having Plekanec and Staal sounds good to me.
For the same reasons Gainey & Gillett gonna keep Carbo. Pure love...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
  #7
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
For the same reasons Gainey & Gillett gonna keep Carbo. Pure love...
And Breezer...

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:48 PM
  #8
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Heck, why keep Koivu?? We need change...and bigger guys.

We've got so much depth at wings and defense, Bob should try to make a trade and acquire a good centre. Why not Staal?

Having Plekanec and Staal sounds good to me.
Jordan Staal is not a no1 center yet and Eric Staal is overpaid and untouchable...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
  #9
One
Registered User
 
One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 273
vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
And Breezer...
I call Brisebois' 1500th game played in year 2013-2014... with the habs.



One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
  #10
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Jordan Staal is not a no1 center yet and Eric Staal is overpaid and untouchable...
#2 center then.

PPL forget it but Pleks has good chemistry with A.Kost and not Kovalev (Well I think so).

A first line with Pleks and A.Kost sounds good to me. And add Tanguay to that line, we've got a decent first line.

Staal with Higgy and MaxPac/S.Kost is a decent second line.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:53 PM
  #11
ppil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Let's say that NO of our UFA's are re-signed
and NO new UFA'S are signed.
and NO trades are made...


then Bob has this team in his hands (all guys under contract)

Higgins - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Maxwell - S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Stewart - Chipchura - Metropolit - Laraque - White - Conboy
Desharnais - Beauregard -

Markov - Hamrlik - Gorges - O'Byrne - Weber - Henry - Belle - Carle

Halak - Price - Desjardins
Do we reach the salary cap floor with this team ?

I really hope Maxwell will continue his progression and can get in the line-up next year.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:00 PM
  #12
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Let's say that NO of our UFA's are re-signed
and NO new UFA'S are signed.
and NO trades are made...


then Bob has this team in his hands (all guys under contract)

Higgins - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Maxwell - S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Stewart - Chipchura - Metropolit - Laraque - White - Conboy
Desharnais - Beauregard -

Markov - Hamrlik - Gorges - O'Byrne - Weber - Henry - Belle - Carle

Halak - Price - Desjardins

Holy... Thats an good AHL line up.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
  #13
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Holy... Thats an good AHL line up.
Great centennial team.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
  #14
skipp18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myt621 View Post
Maybe it is to early to talk about this. With the trade deadline passing I just wanted to read your opinions on this.

Assumptions:
1) All of the canadiens prospects are going to be at the training camp next year
2) Players that you want to be resigned by Montreal are resigned
3) Montreal does not trade with anyone
4) Montreal does not sign any free agents (other than the above)

What line up in your eyes Motreal will have

My line up
Higgins-Kovu-Tangay
A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Pacioretty
<b>Perezhogin</b>-Maxwell-S.Kostitsyn
Stewart-Lapierre-Kostopoulos
D'Agostini/Chipchura

Markov-Shneider
Hamrlik-Konoreev
Komisarek-Georges
Weber/Emelin

Price/Halak
I think its safe to say we wo't be seeing Perezhogin next year, or ever.
This post is riduculous, given the number of UFAs next year, its impossible to predict who will/wont be around next year.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:19 PM
  #15
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
For the same reasons Gainey & Gillett gonna keep Carbo. Pure love...
Or stupidity

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:48 PM
  #16
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,586
vCash: 500
why perezhogin?????

i mean dont we have enough of those small skill winger

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:02 PM
  #17
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Since I think it's unlikely we'll be able to add a true number 1 center via trade, I think it would be in the best interest of the club, to try and roll 4 lines that can do it all. I think we will end up bringing back Koivu and Kovalev, and for bargain prices as well, considering there ages and years. I also think we'd be wise to bring in Franzen, who has great size, and would fit in nicely with our centerman group.

I'd then look to roll these 4 lines:

Higgins-Franzen-Kovalev (Franzen brings us some much needed size to the center spot, and while not being a true #1 center, he is a quality scoring line center. If he and Kovalev can find some chemistry, we are in some great shape. Higgins would be the effort and defensive presence guy, who is also capable offensively)

SKostitsyn-Plekanec-AKostitsyn (The bros and Pleks. I've wanted to see this for about 3 years. Speed and more speed, and lots of skill and creativity. This is assuming Sergei gets his act together)

Pacioretty-Koivu-D'Agostini (I can just envision this line having chemistry, and think koivus veteran presence would be a nice fit between two young guys he's shown chemistry with in the past. All three guys are creative offensively, and all three have very different games that could combine nicely. Hopefully the youngsters can keep Koivu rejuvanted)

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos (This line had some success, and would be atop notch "4th line", though in reality much more than that. We'd roll 4 lines consistently if this was our 4th, and this is the energy line)


Last edited by hogtownhabsfan*: 03-06-2009 at 03:21 PM.
hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  #18
Jedrik
Registered User
 
Jedrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
SKostitsyn-Plekanec-AKostitsyn (The bros and Pleks. I've wanted to see this for about 3 years. Speed and more speed, and lots of skill and creativity. This is assuming Sergei gets his act together)
Hate to be such a doomsayer, but my faith in Sergei as an NHLer may have crashed irreparably this year.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #19
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
why perezhogin?????

i mean dont we have enough of those small skill winger
When you've got an asset producing well even if it's in another league, you try to bring it home.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
  #20
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Hate to be such a doomsayer, but my faith in Sergei as an NHLer may have crashed irreparably this year.
He's 21. Andrei used to suck at 21. Now he's one of our best player. I can't stand silly opinions like yours.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:54 PM
  #21
CPrice
Registered User
 
CPrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Since I think it's unlikely we'll be able to add a true number 1 center via trade, I think it would be in the best interest of the club, to try and roll 4 lines that can do it all. I think we will end up bringing back Koivu and Kovalev, and for bargain prices as well, considering there ages and years. I also think we'd be wise to bring in Franzen, who has great size, and would fit in nicely with our centerman group.

I'd then look to roll these 4 lines:

Higgins-Franzen-Kovalev (Franzen brings us some much needed size to the center spot, and while not being a true #1 center, he is a quality scoring line center. If he and Kovalev can find some chemistry, we are in some great shape. Higgins would be the effort and defensive presence guy, who is also capable offensively)

SKostitsyn-Plekanec-AKostitsyn (The bros and Pleks. I've wanted to see this for about 3 years. Speed and more speed, and lots of skill and creativity. This is assuming Sergei gets his act together)

Pacioretty-Koivu-D'Agostini (I can just envision this line having chemistry, and think koivus veteran presence would be a nice fit between two young guys he's shown chemistry with in the past. All three guys are creative offensively, and all three have very different games that could combine nicely. Hopefully the youngsters can keep Koivu rejuvanted)

Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos (This line had some success, and would be atop notch "4th line", though in reality much more than that. We'd roll 4 lines consistently if this was our 4th, and this is the energy line)
I'd drop Kovalev for Tanguay. Also I think Sergei is going to rebound so I like the look of that lineup.
Also realilistically I couldn't see us landing Franzen, maybe Lang will be back for another 1 year deal until we can figure something out? ( I know its a stretch)

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
  #22
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
MONTREAL CANADIENS

Alex Tanguay[4 500 000$] - Johan Franzen[4 000 000$] - Matt D'Agostini[1 200 000$]
Sergei Kostitsyn[575 000$] - Tomas Plekanec[3 000 000$] - Andrei Kostitsyn[3 250 000$]
Christopher Higgins[2 500 000$] - Brandon Dubinski[3 250 000$] - Max Pacioretty[875 000$]
Guillaume Latendresse[1 500 000$] - Maxim Lapierre[800 000$] - Gregory Stewart[500 000$]

Andrei Markov[5 750 000$] - Mike Komisarek[3 750 000$]
Roman Hamrlik[5 500 000$] - Jay Bouwmeester[7 000 000$]
Ryan O'Byrne[700 000$] - Josh Gorges[1 100 000$]

Carey Price[2 200 000$]
Jaroslav Halak[800 000$]

Salary cap* = 52 750 000$

UFA signings:
Johan Franzen: 2 years - 8 000 000$
Jay Bouwmeester: 3 years - 21 000 000$

RFA signings:
Brandon Dubinski: 3 years - 9 750 000$ (love the all-american line)

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:10 PM
  #23
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,149
vCash: 500
I really, really, really, really, really hope that Bob works the phone and throws the money at Mr. Konstantin Korneev to come over next season.

Assuming the salary cap stays the same; (bold/italicized numbers are guesses).

Saku Koivu ($4.5M)
Tomas Plekanec ($3.5M)
Robert Lang ($3M)
Maxim Lapierre ($0.688K)

Kostitsyn ($3.25M)
D'Agostini ($750K)
Kostopoulos ($1M)
Latendresse ($1.5M)


Higgins ($3M)
Tanguay ($5M)
Pacioretty ($0.875K)
Kostitsyn ($817K)

Stewart ($700K)
Metropolit ($1M)

TOTAL: $29.58M



Markov ($5.75M)
Gorges ($1.1M)
Hamrlik ($5.5M)
O'Byrne ($0.942K)
Weber ($0.875K)
Korneev ($2.5M)
Brisebois ($1M)

Komisarek?

TOTAL: $17.667M

Halak ($0.775K)
Price ($2.2M)

TOTAL: $2.975M

TEAM TOTAL: $50.222M



Alex Tanguay - Saku Koivu - Matt D'Agostini
Sergei Kostistyn - Tomas Plekanec - Andrei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty - Robert Lang - Christopher Higgins
Guilluame Latendresse - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Kostopoulos
Gregory Stewart, Glen Metropolit

Andrei Markov - Konstantin Korneev
Roman Hamrlik - Ryan O'Byrne
Josh Gorges - Yannick Weber
Patrice Brisebois

Jaroslav Halak
Carey Price


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 03-06-2009 at 04:21 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
  #24
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
No more Kovalev plz boys

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:39 PM
  #25
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Let's say that NO of our UFA's are re-signed
and NO new UFA'S are signed.
and NO trades are made...


then Bob has this team in his hands (all guys under contract)

Higgins - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Maxwell - S.Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Stewart - Chipchura - Metropolit - Laraque - White - Conboy
Desharnais - Beauregard -

Markov - Hamrlik - Gorges - O'Byrne - Weber - Henry - Belle - Carle

Halak - Price - Desjardins
It is entirely conceivable that this scenario plays out. Quite scary actually. If BG sticks with Guy, this probably will be next year's line-up.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.