HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline Trades that didn't happen??

Old
03-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Sony Eriksson*

vCash: 500
Rumor had it Tampa wanted Jamie Benn +2nd for Recchi......

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:58 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
The Frolov to Carolina talk completely fell apart. Which is kindof funny seeing that the Kings ended up getting the guy that they wanted anyway in Williams.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Jag68Sid87

Ray Shero in his press conference talked about 3 other winger possibilities before he completed the Guerin deal. He also said the other three players were not top-six winger types, so from that we deduced that he was probably talking about Chris Neil (Ott), Travis Moen (Ana) and Jarkko Ruutu (Ott). But there also was that Colby Armstrong rumor floating about.

We heard that when Shero inquired about Martin St. Louis, he was told that he HAD to take back Ryan Malone as well as part of the deal. That's when the talks apparently ended.

According to Shero, Jordan Staal was never in play, so the Staal-Frolov rumor was probably total B.S.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:26 AM
miltons rules

Hartnell, Giroux, Coburn for JBO

miltons rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:28 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Connolly got signed pretty quickly after CBJ's traded for Vermette. I wonder if Buffalo had a deal in place with Columbus.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:33 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind View Post
If thats true about the Poni trade, then Burke has no one but to blame himself for waiting until the last 15 minutes of the deadline to make his trades.
It wouldn't be the first time.

He's got Ponikarovsky though for another year, so he'll deal with it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:02 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
bruins hurt themselves laughing at that deal
Don't tell that to the Blues fans. In their minds:

Now:
Perron > Kessel

Future:
Perron >> Kessel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
According to them the Bruins and Blues had the deal done, and Tkachuk was saying his goodbyes. Kessel was not involved and it was made clear by Chia he wouldn't be involved period. At the last second the Blues insisted on Kessel being included, basically wasting the last hour of the trade deadline for the B's. They thought Boston wanted Tkachuk bad enough they would severely overpay. Chia of course said no and now that bridge is apparently burned, as it was kind of a ******** move on the Blues part and there are some bad feelings about the whole situation.
Since when does Bush League get the *********** treatment?

8BostonRocker24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:05 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
No one has been saying anything about Kovalev not moving.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
No one has been saying anything about Kovalev not moving.
I think after the hiatus and his return, he was never really shopped. It's a weird situation, for sure.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Connolly got signed pretty quickly after CBJ's traded for Vermette. I wonder if Buffalo had a deal in place with Columbus.
Don't recall where I read this (I think the Dispatch's blog, but I'm not certain; I'd have to look if people care), but I understand it was the other way around - Howson heard that they were resigning him and so persued the Vermette deal.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Poile confirmed that they had a deal for Poni, reportedly a pair of picks going the other way...but they got it in a few minutes late. he also said that they tried to get Upshall back, but Philadelphia was deadset on Carcillo(thus proven by the fact that they somewhat overpaid for him) and Nashville wasn't willing to match that.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:47 AM
stungun

i dont believe the boston st louis rumor for a second. chia said he was not going to disrupt the chemistry of the bruins which he did not. anyone except rask in providence/prospects/picks was in play. would you consider trading you #1 goal scorer disrupting chemistry because i most certainly would. i am sure the two teams were talking but i highly doubt any gm would trade kessel for keith and perron who no knock i have never seen play or heard a whisper about. kessel is a rfa but that mean squat right now, this summer is when you deal with contracts not in a playoff season. once again chia mentioned not touching the chemistry of the team so maybe they did request kessel and he said no and backed out but no way this deal was for kessel no matter what any insider wants to make up.

stungun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Spoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
The Frolov to Carolina talk completely fell apart. Which is kindof funny seeing that the Kings ended up getting the guy that they wanted anyway in Williams.
Interesting, it makes sense that Carolina wanted Frolov because the Oilers were rumored to have their eyes on him for a long time. Guess O'Sullivan was a consolation prize.
This is assuming Carolina was after Cole all along, although it could be that Cole was their consolation prize for not getting Frolov...

Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
OilerFan4Life

Phoenix had another deal.

As another posted said, GM Maloney was supposed to be on Edmonton radio at around 4:00 eastern time to discuss the Jokinen, Morris, Carcillo, etc trades. They said that Maloney could not join them because the Coyotes were "lined up" at NHL registry with another trade.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:53 AM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Ray Shero in his press conference talked about 3 other winger possibilities before he completed the Guerin deal. He also said the other three players were not top-six winger types, so from that we deduced that he was probably talking about Chris Neil (Ott), Travis Moen (Ana) and Jarkko Ruutu (Ott). But there also was that Colby Armstrong rumor floating about.

We heard that when Shero inquired about Martin St. Louis, he was told that he HAD to take back Ryan Malone as well as part of the deal. That's when the talks apparently ended.
According to Shero, Jordan Staal was never in play, so the Staal-Frolov rumor was probably total B.S.
I don't believe this. It would have taken more than Pittsburgh was willing to lose for the Lightning to trade it's biggest heart and one of its main future pieces.

As for the alleged Recchi one, I'm glad it ddn't happen like that.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Gags1288

I heard the Flyers and Atlanta agreed on a deal for Lehtonen and the Flyers were granted an extension by the league to negotiate an extension with Lehtonen, but the two parties couldn't agree on the number of years and thus nothing got done. It's the reason that Holmgren was 3 hours late for his PC.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Word was Anaheim wanted Alzner, Carlson and Varlamov (plus probably a 1st according to Ted Leonsis the Caps owner) for Pronger.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
richardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFluoric View Post
Moore to Chicago. What happened with that?
My guess is that Burke felt that Buffalo's 2nd rounder would be higher then Chicago's 2nd rounder and Chicago wouldn't add any thing else to increase the offer.

richardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFluoric View Post
Moore to Chicago. What happened with that?
Sammy Pahlsson happened.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:52 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Poile confirmed that they had a deal for Poni, reportedly a pair of picks going the other way...but they got it in a few minutes late. he also said that they tried to get Upshall back, but Philadelphia was deadset on Carcillo(thus proven by the fact that they somewhat overpaid for him) and Nashville wasn't willing to match that.
What kinda picks are we talking about here?

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Sammy Pahlsson happened.
Exactly. Anaheim told Chicago (and others) that Pahlsson was actively available and Chicago dropped Moore for the better player.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:21 PM
The Sneak

I've seen nothing in Atlanta supporting the Lehtonen rumor. the only tidbits regarding negotiations in the AJC were:

Waddell said four or five general managers spoke with him about Christensen, but none offered an NHL player in return.

A couple of teams were interested in Reasoner but didn’t offer enough to satisfy the Thrashers

The full story including comments from Reasoner liking Atlanta and looking to resign here can be found here:

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...ers_trade.html

The Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Kaberle to Boston, because he was hurt. Montador was a backup plan.

Gaborik and Weight also because they were hurt.

Don't know why Ian Laperriere didn't move somewhere.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Poile confirmed that they had a deal for Poni, reportedly a pair of picks going the other way...but they got it in a few minutes late.

I never saw that quote. That isn't what he said on the 104.5 interview. Burke has gone on record as saying that was complete b.s.
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...48076-sun.html

If one is lying, it almost certainly is Burke because (1) he still has the player so he doesn't want Poni thinking he isn't loved and (2) Poile was correctly described by one GM as a sheep in sheep's clothing.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
DousedInOil

Apparently Penner was offered to the Avalanche for Ryan Smyth but colorado turned it down.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote