Notices

Game 64: @ Los Angeles, 3/05

Old
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Fly Like a C5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
So they're suppose to just stand there and let LA do whatever they want?
I guess this is the point I'm making. Did Fistric make a poor decision? Yes. However, I blame the ref for letting Brown's crosscheck on Fistric and slash on Turco go uncalled then pulling out the whistle and sending Fistric to the box. If the ref wants to call a tight game that's fine, but make sure that boths teams are held to the same standard.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

My problem with Brunnstrom's ice time is that last game we didn't spend it killing tons of penalties and again he had 7 some odd minutes. It's horribly bad coaching. Why on Earth is Parrish getting PP time in front of him? Why is Chris freaking Conner getting an extra shift of ice time than him? Some reporter needs to start asking difficult questions of Tippet. The players took stupid penalties tonight but some of Tippet's choices of who was playing put those guys on the ice. See Parrish. Who can't be recut soon enough.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

If Fistric wants to push back fine. Push back the body, don't go for the head right in front of the ref in a tightly called game. That is stupid and I do blame him. Hopefully he learns not to do that again.

Old
03-06-2009, 01:47 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
If it was early in the game, I'd be a lot more forgiving of Fistric. But the situation makes it that much more unforgivable. The King (was it Brown?) did exactly what Ott tries to do, and Fistric fell for it hook, line and sinker.
Ott does not behave that way. Ever.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Fistric had to know they'd call that. It was stupid. If the roles were reversed, we'd all be proud that Ott drew that call. But really that's not the thing that pisses me off Turco's tripping call was far more egregious. That and what the hell was Parrish doing out there taking us off the powerplay in the first place?
Of the three, I find Parrish the most excusable because that was an extra-weak call. It's either a really, really weak slash or a simply wrong hook (wherein the player has to be impeded by the stick).

Turco and Fistric (and wasn't Robidas involved in all of that too? That dude really needs to cut it out) were all just dumb.

And secret - ideally, yes. I think the refs missed a slash and/or a crosscheck there (I'd only call one, not the other, or just grab them both as roughing). But refs don't see everything, something several Stars take full advantage of, and retaliation is almost always called. Fistric should know better, especially with Ott as a teammate.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:49 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
My problem with Brunnstrom's ice time is that last game we didn't spend it killing tons of penalties and again he had 7 some odd minutes. It's horribly bad coaching. Why on Earth is Parrish getting PP time in front of him? Why is Chris freaking Conner getting an extra shift of ice time than him? Some reporter needs to start asking difficult questions of Tippet. The players took stupid penalties tonight but some of Tippet's choices of who was playing put those guys on the ice. See Parrish. Who can't be recut soon enough.
They need to limit Brunnstrom's minutes so they can defend leads, obviously.
Are you new to hockey or something?

Old
03-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano Fan View Post
Guess what ... I`ll be there again when they play the Ducks @ 4:00 am. There must be something wrong with me.
Don't you just love being a true fan?

Kritter (since I can't quote you for some reason), I think Fistric was pissed just like I was that Brown didn't get called for a penalty on the goalie interference call...which was pretty obvious that it should've been a penalty.

Instead of being 4 on 4 like it should've been, Fisty screwed up and it became a 5 on 3.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:51 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

Quote:
If Fistric wants to push back fine. Push back the body, don't go for the head right in front of the ref in a tightly called game. That is stupid and I do blame him. Hopefully he learns not to do that again.
Stuff like this happens so many times every single game.... the difference is the other player(s) don't jerk their heads back like they're competing with Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke. I hope Fistric does the exact same thing every single time going forward.

Old
03-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Captain Awesome

This season it's synonymous with a masochist, lol. I'll be at work but I'll tape the game assuming it's on the stations here. Of course I'm smart enough to fast forward if we're 2 goals down this season, last season it was 3.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Kritter471

SL - Fistric was right to be pissed, but it's very stupid to do something that just compounds the problem. It's what we all get pissed at Morrow or Ott for, when the need to for immediate revenge leads to a stupid, late call. I get why he did it, it's just something he can't do if he wants to play those important minutes late in close games.

Next time, I hope Fistric shoves him in the chest, takes his number and just nails him against the boards later (be it next game or later in the same one).

Old
03-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

They'd just let Brown off the hook for goalie interference. Fistric has to know they are calling the game tight against the Stars. He's responsible there. It's a bad penalty whether the refs call it consistently or not.

Just like Marty's flopping led to at least two bad LA goals. He's been bad and trying to blame deflections on Robidas and Daley, neither of whom played great, doesn't deflect Turco's piss poor play.

This team is trying to rob me of my top eight draft pick and it's really beginning to piss me off.

Old
03-06-2009, 02:02 AM
Kritter471

Quote:
He's been bad and trying to blame deflections on Robidas and Daley, neither of whom played great, doesn't deflect Turco's piss poor play.
I'm just going to blame all three. They all deserve it in their own, sucktastic way.

Old
03-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Tippett will explain Brunnstrum's lack of ice time the same way he explained him being a healthy scratch a few games ago. They want to rest him so he doesn't get exhausted. Yet Turco will play every game because we are in a playoff situation and we need to play our best players. Oh well, guess that just means that Brunnstrom will be well rested for a little golf come April

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:09 AM
joshh09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I'm just going to blame all three. They all deserve it in their own, sucktastic way.
How can you blame them for those goals? Im not saying they played good games, but those goals were just products of pure luck.

I'm still scratching my head as to why the refs were so anti-dallas tonight. I'd say less than half the calls were actually things that should have been called.

joshh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:31 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Just got home from the game after celebrating with a few beers.

All I have to say is thanks Marty.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:40 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Just got home from the game after celebrating with a few beers.

All I have to say is thanks Marty.
You make all us LA fans look stupid.

Good game guys, we know what it is like to get screwed by the officials.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:47 AM
beardedgraf

Wishful thinking vs Reality.

Reality is winning.

beardedgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:15 AM
None More Negative*

haha Wow, I haven't seen the refs stroke a team that vehemently in a while. Oh well, deserved 2, got 1. It happens. At least it was to a team that doesnt matter that much. Got to get ready for the next one..

None More Negative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

morning after and I am still extremely pissed at the outcome

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:01 PM
haf

Me too. Those calls were ridiculous. Really ridiculous. The Parish call was just nonsensical. There was NOTHING there. Just a standard forecheck chase.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote