HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gerber & Reitz to TOR, Craig Adams to PIT, Morrison to DAL

Old
03-05-2009, 04:34 AM
King City Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
Haha yeah I did the same when I saw the Chinadoll Leclaire trade. First thought was the goalie graveyard continues in Ottawa, Another 2nd tier starter. But this one will allow elliot to start 30-40 games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
Lol at the sens fans laughing at us. Get a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
No way, this guys "the one'.

Not like Rhodes, Tugnutt, Hurme, Lalime, Barasso, Fountain, Emery, Hasek, Gerber, Auld....
Senators fans probably just think it's funny how life works like that, how many millions of times has gerber been made fun of on tsn post game forums or on here, a great deal so it's just amsuing to see him go to toronto. He might help you plummet, but then he might also go on one of his hot streaks which would be interesting as well.

Leclaire isn't a 2nd tier starter when healthy, he was rated number 1 among tsn player rankings of goalkeepers last year, and an extremely good one when healthy, that is the main thing. Senators are trying to solve their main problem and that is the lack of high level goalkeeping, good for them to go for it.

As for Hasek well he probably would have won the vezina trophy that year had he stayed healthy, but no one expected alex auld by any means to be martin brodeur, just wanted decent goalkeeping and he has generally given that for sure. Lalime was pretty good most of the time, with a couple of black marks on his record. Emery well he's talented and I'm sure he'll be back in the nhl again. Brian elliott can develop behind leclaire and it should prevent him from getting ruined.

King City Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:07 AM
bosoxfan929

This question may already have been asked and if so, I apologize. Can there still be waiver transactions after the deadline? Like can teams waive players, put them on re-entry, claim players?
Any help would be appreciated
Happy post-deadline day!

bosoxfan929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik20 View Post
Finally we get rid of Adams....now he's Pittsburghs problem...
Why was Adams a problem? Other than being redundent (same as Burish and Fraser)he was a good guy as a 4th liner or depth forward. Problem was he spent the last month on the 3rd line where he is severly overmatched.
Considering it's march the Penguins got a guy who will cost them 100k who they can put on the 4th line if playoff injuries happen and know he will play tough and be responsible defensively.
Hawks didn't waive him because he was bad or a failed signing (like many who got waived recently. They waived him to create cap space, good (but very minor) pick up for the Pens.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Lint07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
if toskala is hurt, then i have no problem with it.

he'll help us out and get us a top 5 pick. we need to end this winning streak ASAP, and toskala needs to be healthy for next season.
Starting tonight with 37saves in a 2-1 win, right?

Now that your GM went and grabbed him, you and alot of Leafs fans will have a lot of back-pedalling to do about Gerber with all that's been said from your fanbase on Ottawa's about him being bad and all.

Funny how karma's a b!tch sometimes?
ahah!

Lint07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lint07 View Post
Starting tonight with 37saves in a 2-1 win, right?

Now that your GM went and grabbed him, you and alot of Leafs fans will have a lot of back-pedalling to do about Gerber with all that's been said from your fanbase on Ottawa's about him being bad and all.

Funny how karma's a b!tch sometimes?
ahah!
I totally disagree with you

I have always thought the Sens defense (since Martin) was overrated and the goalies pay the price for it.

Lets face it, Burke did a favor for his ex goalie and is giving him a chance to possibly get a new contract for next year. How exactly is this a bad thing, or something to make fun of?

I'm very happy for Mr.Gerber tonight, he earned that win

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Scharnhorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Why was Adams a problem? Other than being redundent (same as Burish and Fraser)he was a good guy as a 4th liner or depth forward. Problem was he spent the last month on the 3rd line where he is severly overmatched.
Considering it's march the Penguins got a guy who will cost them 100k who they can put on the 4th line if playoff injuries happen and know he will play tough and be responsible defensively.
Hawks didn't waive him because he was bad or a failed signing (like many who got waived recently. They waived him to create cap space, good (but very minor) pick up for the Pens.
He played well last night. Threw the body a little and played over nine minutes. Solid game from Adams.

Scharnhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Piffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_CMMT View Post
He played well last night. Threw the body a little and played over nine minutes. Solid game from Adams.
Not intimately familiar with what the Pens fourth line looks like, but Adams is a solid fourth liner. If you just need a consistent veteran fourth liner, I think Adams will work out fine for you. He was decent here in Chicago, we just don't have room for him any more.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote