HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Steve Quailer on TV Friday night

Old
03-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Steve Quailer on TV Friday night

On Sportsnet East and Ontario at 7:30, this coming Friday.

Boston College vs Northeastern (Steve Quailer - #10)

As far as other TV games as far as Habs or Draft 2009 related, there's nothing else as far as NHL Network and Sportsnet are concerned. There is a game tomorrow night between Chichoutimi and Montreal on Canal Vox so if you're interested in Michael Hlinka or Alex Wall (who are interesting prospects), well you can watch that as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On Sportsnet East and Ontario at 7:30, this coming Friday.

Boston College vs Northeastern (Steve Quailer - #10)

As far as other TV games as far as Habs or Draft 2009 related, there's nothing else as far as NHL Network and Sportsnet are concerned. There is a game tomorrow night between Chichoutimi and Montreal on Canal Vox so if you're interested in Michael Hlinka or Alex Wall (who are interesting prospects), well you can watch that as well.
out for the season with a shoulder injury i believe (not sure if he's out for the playoff too)

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Big game for Northeastern, as they hold a 1 pt lead on BU (who are tabbed by many as the top team in the NCAA) going into the final weekend of the regular season.

Not on tv that I know of yet (haven't checked) but the ECAC playoffs start tomorrow, so good luck to Stejskal and Paquet, it's a best of 3 series, if they lose their season is over, so for Paquet it could be his final games in the NCAA. Wonder if the Habs will send him to Hamilton if his team is bounced in the 1st round this weekend.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Thanks, at least I'll have something else to watch if the Habs suck.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:41 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Big game for Northeastern, as they hold a 1 pt lead on BU (who are tabbed by many as the top team in the NCAA) going into the final weekend of the regular season.

Not on tv that I know of yet (haven't checked) but the ECAC playoffs start tomorrow, so good luck to Stejskal and Paquet, it's a best of 3 series, if they lose their season is over, so for Paquet it could be his final games in the NCAA. Wonder if the Habs will send him to Hamilton if his team is bounced in the 1st round this weekend.

Dan, do you know how many Contracts the Habs are at?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:49 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
Dan, do you know how many Contracts the Habs are at?
50 contracts

Old
03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
zurg999

Quote:
50 contracts
Thanks! Wouldn't Quailer have to sign a Contract with Montreal to play with the Dogs?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Thanks! Wouldn't Quailer have to sign a Contract with Montreal to play with the Dogs?
Quailer should be back at NU next year and I would expect him to stay longer then that. If you mean Paquet, no he wouldn't he can sign a PTO and go to Hamilton or Cincy. On top of that it's my understanding that contracts signed after March 1st or so count for the next year, although I'm not 100% sure of that one. Either way, if the Habs want Paquet in Hamilton, they can easily add him.

The problem would be, does he want to leave school as I assume he's going to graduate in May (not sure) or are the Habs interested in him, which imo they would be but that's only a guess on my part. When his season is over I will try and find out what the plans are for him, if I can.

Old
03-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Don't want to answer for Montreal 'cause he knows more about that stuff, but clearly Quailer is not ready for the Pros so he's not going to sign anything at least in my opinion. He needs to get bigger, did great as a freshman, but still has a whole lot of filling to do, and needs to be more dominant and would love to see him more physical.

Having said that, let's say he's ready to jump in after his playoffs ends let say next year and we still have that 50-contract limit, I guess he could do like Conboy and sign a PTO with Hamilton.

Old
03-06-2009, 03:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Don't want to answer for Montreal 'cause he knows more about that stuff, but clearly Quailer is not ready for the Pros so he's not going to sign anything at least in my opinion. He needs to get bigger, did great as a freshman, but still has a whole lot of filling to do, and needs to be more dominant and would love to see him more physical.

Having said that, let's say he's ready to jump in after his playoffs ends let say next year and we still have that 50-contract limit, I guess he could do like Conboy and sign a PTO with Hamilton.
I think he meant Paquet. I do wonder what the Habs plans are for him, I know some of us are fans of him as he's often overlooked imo so hopefully the Habs still have him in their plans and in time it will be interesting to see how he progresses/develops.

Old
03-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I think he meant Paquet. I do wonder what the Habs plans are for him, I know some of us are fans of him as he's often overlooked imo so hopefully the Habs still have him in their plans and in time it will be interesting to see how he progresses/develops.
And you know I'm one of them. I like Paquet a lot and see that the kid can really improve. I really don't see how they'll not sign him. It took a lot for the past Habs prospects to not be sign by the Habs. I know they're not the same type of players but we'll see where he ranks in the d-men prospect real soon. How important is he compared to how important a guy like Gleed was 'cause he was never signed.

By the way, I'm looking at Thief50's site and I'm wondering, how do you come to the 50-contract signed? Clearly, there's more than that in that list.

Old
03-06-2009, 03:33 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
And you know I'm one of them. I like Paquet a lot and see that the kid can really improve. I really don't see how they'll not sign him. It took a lot for the past Habs prospects to not be sign by the Habs. I know they're not the same type of players but we'll see where he ranks in the d-men prospect real soon. How important is he compared to how important a guy like Gleed was 'cause he was never signed.

By the way, I'm looking at Thief50's site and I'm wondering, how do you come to the 50-contract signed? Clearly, there's more than that in that list.
Yea I know you and I like him, just hope Timmins/Gainey agree with us. My concern would be more for the 50 cap limit, although they could try and sign him to an AHL contract like they did with Beauregard and Desharnais.

As for 50 contracts,

Bouillon, Brezzy, D'Ago, Dandy, Gorges, Halak, Hammer, Higgins, Koivu, Komi, A.Kosty, Kostopo, Kovy, Lang, Lappy, BGL, G.Lats, Markov, Metro, O'B, Pac, Pleks, Price, Schneider, Stewie, Tangs, (26)

Anderson, Aubin, Belle, Carle, Chiper, Denis, Desharnais, Desjardins, Flinn, Glumac, Henry, Janik, Kemp, S.Kosty, Lacasse, O.Lats, Lehoux, Maxwell, Russell, Trotter, Weber, White, Wymam, Valentenko. (24)

Old
03-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Bump!

Old
03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Bullsmith

I too have a soft spot for Paquet, but he hasn't had that big step forward yet. Hard to see a road to the pros for him that doesn't go through the ECHL, at least for the Habs, at this point. Too far to come, too much competition from prospect Ds in Hamilton next year.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I too have a soft spot for Paquet, but he hasn't had that big step forward yet. Hard to see a road to the pros for him that doesn't go through the ECHL, at least for the Habs, at this point. Too far to come, too much competition from prospect Ds in Hamilton next year.
Don't worry. We like him but I think that everyone totally agrees that his pro career will/should start in Cincy and I have no problem with that. And he'll surely be a callup in Hamilton during the year.

Old
03-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I don't understand why Quailer's playing point on the powerplay. You'd think he'd be more valuable in front of the net.

Old
03-06-2009, 08:50 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
but the ECAC playoffs start tomorrow, so good luck to Stejskal and Paquet, it's a best of 3 series, if they lose their season is over, so for Paquet it could be his final games in the NCAA. Wonder if the Habs will send him to Hamilton if his team is bounced in the 1st round this weekend.
Not starting good, both team lost tonight.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:22 PM
kernkraft

Quailer with the game winner in OT! Man, that guy is tall

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Taupy

So how was the OT goal for people who saw it?

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I can't believe I didn't tune back to this game after the 2nd to watch the Habs get shutout. I missed his goal.

Old
03-07-2009, 01:41 AM
SNM87
Habby Habitants

rebound in front, Qaulier in the slot, goalie down, top cheese all day! hard working goal, and is it just me, or does this kid look a lot like Paccioretty when he's skating, long strides, finishes his checks, and goes hard to the net, good eye Mr. Timmins.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus19 View Post
rebound in front, Qaulier in the slot, goalie down, top cheese all day! hard working goal, and is it just me, or does this kid look a lot like Paccioretty when he's skating, long strides, finishes his checks, and goes hard to the net, good eye Mr. Timmins.
Yeah, he seems like a less physical yet taller Pacioretty.

Old
03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I can't believe I didn't tune back to this game after the 2nd to watch the Habs get shutout. I missed his goal.
And I can't believe I recorded it and because it last a little longer than the time it was suppose to last, I missed the last 2 minutes of the OT.....

Old
03-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus19 View Post
He would need more aggressivity, and would need to work on his first steps but once this guy gets going, he has impressive wheels. Good overall hockey sense, pretty good hands. He's raw but definately a great project to work with.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:44 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
He was drafted as a project with the pedigree that Pacioretty had in the USHL. He'll just take a longer developmental path.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote