HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poor Komi..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
  #26
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Komisarek is a great defensive defenseman.

IMO, he's been playing bad since coming back from his injury, but before that he was rock solid. I won't judge him on his past 20 games. Gainey need to sign that guy long-term right ****ing now !

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
  #27
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,816
vCash: 500
Question: who would you guys rather keep, Komisarek or Gorges?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 12:41 AM
  #28
Doc McKenna
Registered User
 
Doc McKenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
I thought Komi has played bad for most of the year. Even the start of the year he was way out of position trying to throw the big hit when one wasn't needed. Still a good player but not playing good this year.
Between Komi and Gorges? Depends right now, neither I would go with cube. It also depends on cost. I don't think Gorge will cost us as much money as komi, but that is only cuz of last year not this year. If you look at Komi's play he has had 2 good years and that is really about it.

The first 2 years he played, well look at O'byrne this year. About the same. We wanted to trade him because he looked big and oaf like and didn't know how to position himself for his body size. Same as O'Byrne, or Hainsey who I wish we had kept instead as he has much better hands. Hainsey is getting paid4.25 do you guys think Komi is worth 5 if Hainsey is making 4.25 ? Just asking.


Last edited by Doc McKenna: 03-06-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:57 AM
  #29
Sparepart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 428
vCash: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Mike Komisarek turned into craig rivet, before craig rivet turned into craig rivet ... :/, it didnt happen to craig till he was AT LEAST 31.

I like your comparison, but I'd disagree with the "till he was at least 31" thing. Craig Rivet turned into a lousy player after Derek Morris broke his jaw in a fight in 1999. I'd compare that to Komisarek getting beatup by Lucic this season.

Rivet and Komisarek were almost the same ages when each fight took place too.

Its creepy. They both lose one fight and aren't the same players anymore. (though Rivet eventually got his game back... just took him 5-6 years)

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:37 AM
  #30
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
ppl forget that when Komi was out the team was even more horrible. Then he came back and we won again.

The good news is that if he is indeed just horrible now we could sign and trade him at the draft for Vinny.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 07:21 AM
  #31
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Isn't he playing injured?

Komi can't hit properly and without his physical game he is not very useful.
What injury would completely remove your ability to use your stick to clear the zone? I understand he may be hurting and that's fair but he can still clear the zone can't he?

I really like Komi alot but last season we all said he ran out of steam at playoff time because he plays too hard during the season. Well he hasn't played too hard this season and had significant time off so he should be in great shape approaching the playoffs. If he is injured, give him time off and treat his injury because he is next to useless right now.

I always read that Komi got beat up by Lucic but I think it would have been a good fight and a draw if he didn't separate his shoulder and turtle. You can actually see when he stopped throwing the punches and go into protection mode and I thought Lucic showed a complete lack of class by beating him when he couldn't defend himself and then imitate an ape.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM
  #32
Melvin Udall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,307
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=[COLOR="DarkRed"]Redux91;18365014]Mike Komisarek turned into craig rivet, before craig rivet turned into craig rivet ... :/, it didnt happen to craig till he was AT LEAST 31

mindblowing

on a side note, i love kovy, but we should of honestly shipped him at the deadline[/COLOR]..[/
QUOTE]

Good one dude - and man, you hit the nail on the head with that comparison!

Problem: Gainey (and if not Gainey some other GM) will vastly over pay Komi to do a great Rivet impression for the next 3 to 5 seasons!

And, I agree with a lot of the posters - Komi was a different player before his butt kicking from Lucic!

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
  #33
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Question: who would you guys rather keep, Komisarek or Gorges?
Komisarek is head and shoulder above Gorges... If he's healthy.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 01:27 PM
  #34
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
What injury would completely remove your ability to use your stick to clear the zone? I understand he may be hurting and that's fair but he can still clear the zone can't he?

I really like Komi alot but last season we all said he ran out of steam at playoff time because he plays too hard during the season. Well he hasn't played too hard this season and had significant time off so he should be in great shape approaching the playoffs. If he is injured, give him time off and treat his injury because he is next to useless right now.

I always read that Komi got beat up by Lucic but I think it would have been a good fight and a draw if he didn't separate his shoulder and turtle. You can actually see when he stopped throwing the punches and go into protection mode and I thought Lucic showed a complete lack of class by beating him when he couldn't defend himself and then imitate an ape.
I agree that a shoulder injury should not cause him to be out of position constantly and so awful with the puck. Now a good defensemen coach, that would help!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
  #35
fatmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mirabel, Qc
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Mike Komisarek turned into craig rivet, before craig rivet turned into craig rivet ... :/, it didnt happen to craig till he was AT LEAST 31

mindblowing

on a side note, i love kovy, but we should of honestly shipped him at the deadline..
You, since he's not playing with Markov... remember that Rivet start playing awfull when Komi replace him on Markov's side... when people are going to realize that Markov makes his linemate better, way better than they seams!!

Which would alos mean that Schneider plays better beside Markov, now we can ask ourselves, do you think the Markov-Schneider pairing was made for chemistry purpose, or to make Bob look better by trading for schneider?

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
  #36
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 24,294
vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
I thought Komi has played bad for most of the year. Even the start of the year he was way out of position trying to throw the big hit when one wasn't needed. Still a good player but not playing good this year.
Between Komi and Gorges? Depends right now, neither I would go with cube. It also depends on cost. I don't think Gorge will cost us as much money as komi, but that is only cuz of last year not this year. If you look at Komi's play he has had 2 good years and that is really about it.
I agree he wasen't that good early this year then he got hurt in a fight with Lucic. It took a long time to recover and im sure he's not 100% yet. Now did it affect him mentally? It's hard to say. Then when Bob finally woke up and got some help Komo lost his partner Markov.Markov made him look better than he actually is and Komo knows it as he always praise him in interviews.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM
  #37
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Question: who would you guys rather keep, Komisarek or Gorges?
gorges is signed for 2 more years at an amazing price

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:42 PM
  #38
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
You, since he's not playing with Markov... remember that Rivet start playing awfull when Komi replace him on Markov's side... when people are going to realize that Markov makes his linemate better, way better than they seams!!

Which would alos mean that Schneider plays better beside Markov, now we can ask ourselves, do you think the Markov-Schneider pairing was made for chemistry purpose, or to make Bob look better by trading for schneider?
Well it's Carbo who put Schneider with Markov not Gainey.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
  #39
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,451
vCash: 500
Komi is NOT a carbon copy of Rivet. Are you serious? I know its been a while but I remember exactly how Rivet played.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:48 PM
  #40
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,647
vCash: 500
I love Komisarek, but there is no way on earth we'd be smart to give him a penny more than Scott Hannan.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
  #41
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
What injury would completely remove your ability to use your stick to clear the zone? I understand he may be hurting and that's fair but he can still clear the zone can't he?
it was his shoulder that he hurt, and if his shoulder is still hurting it would be very difficult to get any sort of strength on passes/clears.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:51 PM
  #42
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
ppl forget that when Komi was out the team was even more horrible. Then he came back and we won again.
When Komi was out and he was on the bench, we only lost once, I think?

If we go by this anecdote, Brisebois should play every game since we have the best record with him in the lineup.


Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
  #43
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
The scary thing now is that Komisarek looks better offensively than defensively.

And we all know he's the worst offensive dman we've seen in years.

Let's pray.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
  #44
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
The scary thing now is that Komisarek looks better offensively than defensively.

And we all know he's the worst offensive dman we've seen in years.

Let's pray.
Drop the crack my friend.

It's been months since a Komisarek shot got through the d-man right in front of him. Sure his defense sucks right now, but to see he looks better offensively? Rushed passes, shots blocked and panic plays at the opponent's blue line....that's not looking anywhere near ok. He's as pitiful offensively as he's ever been.

On the other hand, I'm confident he can get the defensive side back. Whether it's an injury or something else that's keeping down his play, we know how good his D can be. It's just a matter of confidence if you ask me.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
  #45
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
Drop the crack my friend.

It's been months since a Komisarek shot got through the d-man right in front of him. Sure his defense sucks right now, but to see he looks better offensively? Rushed passes, shots blocked and panic plays at the opponent's blue line....that's not looking anywhere near ok. He's as pitiful offensively as he's ever been.

On the other hand, I'm confident he can get the defensive side back. Whether it's an injury or something else that's keeping down his play, we know how good his D can be. It's just a matter of confidence if you ask me.
Since we are saying the exact same thing, I'll keep my crack, you keep whatever you take.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
  #46
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
Since we are saying the exact same thing, I'll keep my crack, you keep whatever you take.
LOL!!! I had to laugh at that one!

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
  #47
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
Since we are saying the exact same thing, I'll keep my crack, you keep whatever you take.
I doubt we were saying the same thing. Yes he's horrible defensively right, it would be hard to argue against that.

But to say he looked better offensively? That's where we didn't say the same thing. No worries, just your offensive comment that tickled me a little.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:00 PM
  #48
Dr. Charles
Registered User
 
Dr. Charles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cracktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
I doubt we were saying the same thing. Yes he's horrible defensively right, it would be hard to argue against that.

But to say he looked better offensively? That's where we didn't say the same thing. No worries, just your offensive comment that tickled me a little.
Ok friend,

How to say?

... When Plekanec said he was playing like a little girl, did you think it meant he had a surgery?

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:06 PM
  #49
momotan
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Its not an "off year". He's playing with both a shoulder and hip injury. It's come to a point where he's probably better off taking 2 weeks off and healing. It's a detriment at this point. And he's still gonna be offer 6mill+ if he goes UFA.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
  #50
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Hamrlik is way more like Rivet than Komisarek. He's obviously playing injured. If Bob trade any d-man during the draft week, I hope it will be Roman No-More-Hammer-lik. Seeing him play this year + his salary cap hit makes me sick.
Rivet could'nt lace up Hamrlik's skates. I agree Hamrlik has appeared off his game for a while now but I honestly think hes fed up with playing defence on both the right and left sides. Breezer and Komi, Gorges have all had their share of troubles defensively and most of the year Hamrlik has made them look good.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.