HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How do you cope with Hab HF Boards after a loss (or several) ?

Old
03-05-2009, 02:21 PM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Masseuse discount on mondays and tuesdays.
Do they take coupons? Is the cat extra?

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:26 PM
neofury*

Just wanted to say thx for the overmodding job on my post, give me a break it was a joke. (you know, the post above which no longer exists anymore lmao)

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Just wanted to say thx for the overmodding job on my post, give me a break it was a joke. (you know, the post above which no longer exists anymore lmao)
Well thanks for posting crap, I love deleting things.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Do they take coupons? Is the cat extra?
Whoa, whoa, keep up there, Frank, the cat is the masseuse (as near as I can figure).

As to how I cope with Habs board after a loss, I just act like hockey and the Habs aren't the end-all and be-all of creation. Helps smooth things out.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Whoa, whoa, keep up there, Frank, the cat is the masseuse (as near as I can figure).

As to how I cope with Habs board after a loss, I just act like hockey and the Habs aren't the end-all and be-all of creation. Helps smooth things out.
Blasphemy!

Actually I wish more posters would think this way.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:42 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Blasphemy!

Actually I wish more posters would think this way.
As mentionned alcohol helps too. Helps you see things more clearly...or not clear enough. Either way it helps...

Stay off the sauce kids..

Old
03-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
The problem is now that there are so many posters; I've lost sense of who actually knows what they are talking about and who does not.

It would be alot easier if people would stop changing there avatars.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
As mentionned alcohol helps too. Helps you see things more clearly...or not clear enough. Either way it helps...

Stay off the sauce kids..
and that is why you should never, EVER, take the monday and tuesday discount on thai masseuses.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I pretty much see all those crap threads and have no interest in posting, so I just go on others websites or keep chatting on #hfhabs.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
and that is why you should never, EVER, take the monday and tuesday discount on thai masseuses.
Your masseuse might not even be thai....or a masseuse.

Old
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Go Habs Go

I tend to avoid HFboard during those times. It just aggravates me so much more.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I came to the HF Boards to escape the RDS and Ecklund talkbacks and to find a different, more meaningful environment with less drama. It was ok for a while, especially while the team was winning. However, since the big slump it has become really hard to check the forums and not lose my little sanity left. Everywhere you turn it's just bashing and whining. Some critics might make sense still most are plain expressions of exaggerate anger and frustration, with little facts or hockey involved. Fire Gainey, fire Carbonneau, send (insert any Habs player name here) to the minors.

Yesterday it peaked. Though Gainey did make good trades, though he clearly warned us that the chances of more trades at deadline were slim (Gainey was always honest wiht us) he become the target of the bashfest. I have the feeling that no matter what he would have done it would have been the same.

Is this forum becoming the cathartic environment for all hockey related (and maybe not only) frustrations ? If so - I don't want to be a part of it. Still, I've learned a lot from many obviously informed and classy posters during my being here and I don't want to leave because of other people's anger.

So - what do other posters in a similar position do ? Simply not check the forum for a while ? Try to select meaningful posts ? Abusing the IL is not the answer - some of today's whiners could have great posts tomorrow ?

Good post. Unfortunately it's the same on the Bruins board.

Three things help me cope. I delete threads that are ridiculous and often avoid the GDT. I also have many of the inane, reactionary posters on Ignore. Life is better that way.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 08:56 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Good question:

A lot of these posters are able to walk a fine line. They are not blatantly trolling as per the rules on HF. Until they do go over that fine line, as mods our hands are tied.
How about some posters setting up a poll to vote a certain negative poster off the board? Would that help the mods? Cuz there's this one guy...

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
LyleOdelein

I honestly think that the recent dip in quality on this forum is due to a small minority of posters that are over the top in their negativity. This was magnified by the exodus of some truly excellent posters that figured prominently into this board. Since this happened, the dynamic of this forum has dramatically shifted.

How do I cope with this recent change? I just rationalize it. It's unfortunate, but in most group situations the following two rules apply:

1) Pessimists are generally louder than optimists.
AND
2) In general, idiots are louder than people with respectable intelligence.

When I come on here and see ridiculous posts, I generally laugh them off and move on to the next thread. I can't help but feel sorry for the mods as I do, though.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Bumjoo Wang*

Quote:
Your masseuse might not even be thai....or a masseuse.
She could end up a Persian, like in that photo.

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:31 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I just drink lot of beer, hit the IL button a few times, rinse and repeat. The IL button is becoming my best friend, but HF won't let me add it to my "Friends" list.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
FrankMTL

Can't take what is written on these boards too seriously after the Habs lose. The best way to counter that is by being sarcastic against those who seem to over-react.

Sarcasm= Kryptonite to the Drama Queens

Old
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM
fatmax

Quote:
I came to the HF Boards to escape the RDS and Ecklund talkbacks and to find a different, more meaningful environment with less drama. It was ok for a while, especially while the team was winning. However, since the big slump it has become really hard to check the forums and not lose my little sanity left. Everywhere you turn it's just bashing and whining. Some critics might make sense still most are plain expressions of exaggerate anger and frustration, with little facts or hockey involved. Fire Gainey, fire Carbonneau, send (insert any Habs player name here) to the minors.

Yesterday it peaked. Though Gainey did make good trades, though he clearly warned us that the chances of more trades at deadline were slim (Gainey was always honest wiht us) he become the target of the bashfest. I have the feeling that no matter what he would have done it would have been the same.

Is this forum becoming the cathartic environment for all hockey related (and maybe not only) frustrations ? If so - I don't want to be a part of it. Still, I've learned a lot from many obviously informed and classy posters during my being here and I don't want to leave because of other people's anger.

So - what do other posters in a similar position do ? Simply not check the forum for a while ? Try to select meaningful posts ? Abusing the IL is not the answer - some of today's whiners could have great posts tomorrow ?

I agree 100%, seams like we are doomed... everywher you listen or read, it's always negative and jealousy speaking... as far as I know, 5th in the east and it still not even enough, 2 years from now, we were happy to grab the 8th position!

I guess that we should ask for John Liminiatis head after the imact loss yesterday as well since he doesn't know how to prepare a team, he made bad game-time decision...

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Lone Rogue

I avoid this place during wins as well. Even in games earlier in the season where we dominated our opponents, someone just had to complain about how Price let in a goal that they once stopped in AAA midget when pucks only went 10mph wheras the goal went 80mph, or that Brisebois made two errors even though they never turned into goals.

People on this board will only ever be happy with a Cup. Nothing less.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

I don't use the IL. Sometimes, I know its gonna be pandemonium here after a loss and know i can do more meaningful things with my life than reading dumb comments with no depth or perspective, all that negativity, its just useless. I care about my team, but I know from experience that whining and yapping like a 4 year old who didn't get his ice cream cone is just not worth doing and won't have any effect on the team's management. Hell, if I'm going to rebel and revolt, its gonna be against something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more meaningful, like uhm, international banking, globalism and the erroding of national sovreignties.

But if ever I do come by after a loss, I take note of the dumbasses, and never read their posts unless they quote me or someone else, or if its actually more than 2-3 empty lines of brain farts.

Quote:
Can't take what is written on these boards too seriously after the Habs lose. The best way to counter that is by being sarcastic against those who seem to over-react.

I've also noticed that destroying their pityful arguments with well constructed counter arguments irritates them a whole lot.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-06-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
x-bob

This place is jut horrible to be after a loss so I usually stay clear of it as best I can. There are a couple of good threads that pop out here and there but for the most part, they are just full blown bashfests of anything related to te Habs.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
How about some posters setting up a poll to vote a certain negative poster off the board? Would that help the mods? Cuz there's this one guy...
Well... if everyone has them on ignore, it's like they're banned and they don't even know it.

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of that. For every acceptable use of sarcasm on these boards, you get about 5 lame posts by people who think they're clever.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:12 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post
Well... if everyone has them on ignore, it's like they're banned and they don't even know it.

I'm not a big fan of that. For every acceptable use of sarcasm on these boards, you get about 5 lame posts by people who think they're clever.
+1 Very true !

Some times the sarcastic remarks around here are more annoying then the over-the-top posters. A much better way is to ignore their threads and posts.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Seems like you've got your wish, and we didn't need a poll... There are still two similar posters left, you can find them both on any thread regarding BG. Let.s hope they get the same faith.

Old
03-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobak View Post

Well, I don't like to do that. Because some posters that I did find annoying cahnged their ways and now make good posts. I'm an eternal optimist. I'd like to point out that one such poster is Pxr1334 (or something like that, his nick is hard to remember), he makes way better comments than he used to, with more content.