HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Zillaege

vCash: 500
Ottawa Trade Proposal

Hey Preds Fans, Sens fan here.
Personally I love the way Hartnell and Orzagh(sp?) play, and think they would make great additions to the sens. Is there any way we can get one or both outta Nashville? I don't know what you guys need right now so your gona have to help me with that. The best player we can offer you is Havlat as we have so much depth on the RW.
So lets try this

To Ottawa:
Scott Hartnell
Vlad Orzagh(sp?)

To Nashville:
Martin Havlat
+?

I know this trade is no where near equal value right now, so feel free to add in whatever you want.

Old
08-27-2004, 08:12 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHazin
Personally I love the way Hartnell and Orzagh(sp?) play, and think they would make great additions to the sens. Is there any way we can get one or both outta Nashville? I don't know what you guys need right now so your gona have to help me with that. The best player we can offer you is Havlat as we have so much depth on the RW.
So lets try this

To Ottawa:
Scott Hartnell
Vlad Orzagh(sp?)

To Nashville:
Martin Havlat
+?

I know this trade is no where near equal value right now, so feel free to add in whatever you want.
as much as I'd love to have a player like Havlat, I just can't let go of Hartnell. He's probably the only guy on the team I absolutely could not bear to see traded.

Old
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Orszagh + Upshall
Havlat

Old
08-27-2004, 08:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Orszagh + Upshall
Havlat

there's no way the sens do that, at least not until upshall comes in and proves himself.

Old
08-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Agreed. The Sens need a LWer anyways, not another RWer....although Upshall would likely fit in very well as a third line center there.

08-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Orszagh + Upshall
Havlat
A big no from the sens side.

Old
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
ErnestoGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHazin
So lets try this

To Ottawa:
Scott Hartnell
Vlad Orzagh(sp?)

To Nashville:
Martin Havlat
+?

z

There's no way Nashville trades Hartnell as he is the face of their franchise and it would probably be a mistake for Ottawa to trade Havlat as he still has so much unexplored potential.

Anyways I really like Orzagh but I don't see where he would fit in the Sens system as he can't really play on the first or second line and isn't that much of an upgrade over Schafer and Varada. Anyways just for kicks I'm going to make a proposal for Orzagh...

To Nashville: Todd White and Josh Langeld
To Ottawa: Valdimir Orzagh + pick

Overpayment by the Sens as Langfeld as shown signs of being a late bloomer but the Sens would definitly need to move 2 forwards if they are going to acquire one. Really when you think about it, it doesn't fill any hole for both teams and the Preds already have too many small forwards like Johansson and Sulli to add another one like White. Anyways not a very good proposal but it has a lot more chance of happening than a deal involvling Hartnell and/or Havlat.

Flame away...

Old
08-28-2004, 05:42 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestoGuevara
z

There's no way Nashville trades Hartnell as he is the face of their franchise and it would probably be a mistake for Ottawa to trade Havlat as he still has so much unexplored potential.

Anyways I really like Orzagh but I don't see where he would fit in the Sens system as he can't really play on the first or second line and isn't that much of an upgrade over Schafer and Varada. Anyways just for kicks I'm going to make a proposal for Orzagh...

To Nashville: Todd White and Josh Langeld
To Ottawa: Valdimir Orzagh + pick

Overpayment by the Sens as Langfeld as shown signs of being a late bloomer but the Sens would definitly need to move 2 forwards if they are going to acquire one. Really when you think about it, it doesn't fill any hole for both teams and the Preds already have too many small forwards like Johansson and Sulli to add another one like White. Anyways not a very good proposal but it has a lot more chance of happening than a deal involvling Hartnell and/or Havlat.

Flame away...
mister...

you have yourself a deal.

Old
08-28-2004, 12:17 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I'd also do the Langfeld/White for Orszagh + pick deal as well

Old
08-28-2004, 01:17 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'd also do the Langfeld/White for Orszagh + pick deal as well

If Pivko is as NHL ready as everyone seems to believe, he can be Orszagh's immediate replacement. Langfeld is a pretty dynamic AHL scorer that has spent some time in Ottawa as well. If nothing else, he replaces Darche in Milwaukee and can be used in call-up situations. I really like that deal.

Old
08-28-2004, 01:24 PM
ErnestoGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
If Pivko is as NHL ready as everyone seems to believe, he can be Orszagh's immediate replacement. Langfeld is a pretty dynamic AHL scorer that has spent some time in Ottawa as well. If nothing else, he replaces Darche in Milwaukee and can be used in call-up situations. I really like that deal.
From what Langfeld showed us last season, he is more than just a dynamic AHL scorer, he is NHL ready. He has a big frame and likes to go in front of the net, he doesn't play very physical for hsi size but is a good garbage goal man. Anyways that's exactly the kind of player the Sens are looking for so they might be reluctant to trade him and that's why it's a bit of an overpayment by the Sens.

Old
08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Not sure where you've been hiding Ernesto, but I would do that deal as well even though Orszagh is one of my favs.

Old
08-28-2004, 04:13 PM
ErnestoGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Not sure where you've been hiding Ernesto, but I would do that deal as well even though Orszagh is one of my favs.
I think most Sens fan would say not to it... cuz Langfeld is NHl ready and White is a local boy and cheap salary wise but the team has already too many 2nd line centers (Spezza, Fisher, Smolinski, Vermette & White) and that's why I personnaly would do that trade.

Closed Thread