HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Burke: I say three to six (first round) draft picks moving

Old
03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
I think people take what he has to say too seriously. Ottawa moved one, and Calgary moved another. This during a time where he wanted a 1st for Antropov. Sometimes you have to listen to what they're saying, and not just read it.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 10:11 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
Yep..Burke was right once again
Yeah, 3-6 picks is what would normally happen. But this time the NHL GM's decided to all band together just to stick it to Toronto, and no firsts were moved for pure rentals

RandV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:03 PM
salzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post
True, not every team can win the Stanley Cup each year; there can be only one winner. Based on my previous list, the following teams had success when making these deals.

Colorado Avalanche: Stanley Cup Champions
Added: Ray Bourque and Dave Andreychuk by trading first round pick +
New Jersey won the 2000 Stanley Cup in 6 games over Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1927 View Post

Detroit Red Wings: Stanley Cup Champions
Added: Dominik Hasek by trading first round pick +

Washington Capitals: Stanley Cup Finalists
Added: Trevor Linden, Dainius Zubrus by trading first round pick +
Neither Detroit nor Washington participated in the 2001 Stanley Cup finals. Detroit defeated Washington for the 1998 Stanley Cup. Detroit hung onto their first rounder and drafted Jiri Fischer. Not sure what the Caps did with their pick.

salzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
I can't believe it took that long for someone to notice the Stanley Cup Winners were listed wrong in 2 of the years.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Maj. Conn Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy View Post
New Jersey won the 2000 Stanley Cup in 6 games over Dallas.
Salzy, you are correct.

1999-2000 = New Jersey Devils

2000-2001 = Colorado Avalanche.

I used the starting year by mistake for the 2000 cup finals. Only off by one year, but the information on trades and cup finalist is still correct within the eight year time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzy View Post
Neither Detroit nor Washington participated in the 2001 Stanley Cup finals. Detroit defeated Washington for the 1998 Stanley Cup. Detroit hung onto their first rounder and drafted Jiri Fischer. Not sure what the Caps did with their pick.
Correct, I mixed up the teams. It was a lot of typing at the time and I apologize for the mix up. The 2001-2002 season had the Stanley Cup finals between Detroit and Carolina. Remove Washington and insert Carolina who made a trade in January 2002 right before the playoffs.

January 2002:
To Florida: Sandis Ozolinsh and Byron Ritchie
To Carolina: Brett Hedican, Tomas Malec, Kevyn Adams and a conditional 2nd round pick.

Although no first rounder was traded from Carolina, the Hurricanes still added Brett Hedican, Tomas Malec and Kevyn Adams before the trade deadline and got into the finals. The only difference is a different team and different players, but the same result of a move prior to the deadline that helped get the team into the finals. Not everything has to revolve around a first round draft pick, but General Managers will make moves at the deadline or prior to bolster their roster for the playoffs.

1927 is offline   Reply With Quote