HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tlusty on Marlies next Year or Leafs?

Old
03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 View Post
he should stay down this year and help the marlies get into the playoffs

next year if he shows up ready and looks like he belongs in our top 6 then he will stay, its as simple as that... but if he is invisible like was for the most part this year then he will be back on the marlies
Who are you referring to here, Kulemin or Tlusty?

Tlusty has only had 14 games in the NHL average 12:42 minutes, so yes he's been quite invisible for most of the NHL season.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Canadian View Post
Where do you want him? I personally think he needs to bulk up and stay in the AHL for another year to polish up. Hopefully Burke takes him time on him.
Neither ..

Traded away in a package deal to bring us in a top 6 forward.

Jordan Staal for Tlusty + ??

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:25 PM
bobermay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Neither ..

Im not that big of a Staal fan. Tlusty has potential to be come better than Staal IMO. I'm not saying that he is better, but I'm saying that Tlusty has REALLY good potential.

Maybe: Tyler Myers for Tlusty?
Jared Staal + 2nd 09/Prospect For Tlusty?

But I like the option of keeping Tlusty the best

Edit: I'm not that big of a Jordan Staal fan.

Last edited by bobermay: 03-06-2009 at 09:33 PM.
bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Neither ..

No, let the Penguins try and keep their team together with 21.4 million committed to 3 forwards.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
daethfromabove1979

were better off with tlusty than jordan staal.. staal just seems terrible in pitts which is hard to believe because he looked great in his rookie season

daethfromabove1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Tlusty has only had 14 games in the NHL average 12:42 minutes, so yes he's been quite invisible for most of the NHL season.
Don't forget the regular 3rd period benchings courtesy you know who!

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
MadarameIkakku83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Who are you referring to here, Kulemin or Tlusty?

lol, i was to referring to tlusty in the early season stint where he had played about a dozen games and did nothing in that time

MadarameIkakku83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Do you think Kulemin will get called down for the AHL playoffs?
Absolutely, he doesn't have to clear waivers, why not play him in the AHL.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:30 AM
dybbuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights View Post
In no way should this indicate that Jiri Tlusty = Bobby Ryan or that Tlusty is going to be a PPG player, or anything more than 2nd line winger, but this notion that Bobby Ryan was given more seasoning that Tlusty has to end.
You need to bring your scope back a bit further. Ryan is a year older then Tlusty, yet they made their NHL debut in the same season. He played one season of junior versus Ryan's 4. Then the year they made their debut Ryan played 48 games(49 points) running on the top line in the AHL and 23 games(10 points) in Anaheim while Tlusty sat on the bench for 58 NHL games (16 points). So yes, Ryan got a lot more polishing then Tlusty did. This season should of been Tlusty's first call up.

dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
London Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
You need to bring your scope back a bit further. Ryan is a year older then Tlusty, yet they made their NHL debut in the same season. He played one season of junior versus Ryan's 4. Then the year they made their debut Ryan played 48 games(49 points) running on the top line in the AHL and 23 games(10 points) in Anaheim while Tlusty sat on the bench for 58 NHL games (16 points). So yes, Ryan got a lot more polishing then Tlusty did. This season should of been Tlusty's first call up.
My point on Tlusty and the AHL is more that he doesn't need another year of the AHL. He is dominating it already. The problem is that in previous times in the NHL he has played on the 4th line. That's Maurice's fault. My argument for Tlusty and polishing is that by the end of this season + the AHL playoffs, he has enough minor league time under his belt. Tlusty is fairly advanced with his defensive game already. His offense was what lagged behind and scoring at over a 2PPG pace for the last month and a half is showing that he is finding the AHL pretty darn easy.

London Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Green13

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmatuss View Post
Teach Grabovski how to pass more and I'd love watching that line.
Everybody was on Grabovski for his hog style play but lately he's changed that, and has proven it or else he'd get no ice time. Ron Wilson said it too that he needs to pass or else will get benched.

But everytime I see him out there after that interview, his first instinct is always passing and sometimes I hate it because he has a great opportunity to score but doesn't want to look selfish.

Green13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:48 PM
bobermay

Grabovski has the talent to be a really skilled and dominant 2nd line center in the NHL. He just needs to use it the whole game instead of in bits and peices.

That said, I beleive the Tlusty is NHL ready, and will likely get called up for the last 5 or so games of the season. He'll likely work hard in the offseason, and I think he will suprise many people next season.

bobermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:26 PM
dybbuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights View Post
My point on Tlusty and the AHL is more that he doesn't need another year of the AHL. He is dominating it already. The problem is that in previous times in the NHL he has played on the 4th line. That's Maurice's fault. My argument for Tlusty and polishing is that by the end of this season + the AHL playoffs, he has enough minor league time under his belt. Tlusty is fairly advanced with his defensive game already. His offense was what lagged behind and scoring at over a 2PPG pace for the last month and a half is showing that he is finding the AHL pretty darn easy.
I think the playoffs will go a long in determining Tlusty's future. He's gotta produce when the pressure is on. He does well this PO run and I'd like to see him on the big club next season for sure if he can prove himself to be a top 6 guy in camp.

dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
I think Detroit said it best when Holland said they like to "over-ripen" their prospects before they get a shot at the big club.

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Neither ..

stupid stupid stupid. WHY would we do this.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:39 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntrmn View Post
Grabovski has the talent to be a really skilled and dominant 2nd line center in the NHL. He just needs to use it the whole game instead of in bits and peices.

That said, I beleive the Tlusty is NHL ready, and will likely get called up for the last 5 or so games of the season. He'll likely work hard in the offseason, and I think he will suprise many people next season.
Grabs tries to become a solid playmaker by making it difficult and ends up turning it over. He needs to keep his game simple. He has the speed and skill to make an impact just tries too hard. He reminds me of Blake in a way..

mapes is online now   Reply With Quote