HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: We suck...we really do.

Old
03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
Anderson played Kovalchuk 27:34......the Habs highest forward for ice time was Kovalev was 18:55.

At this point of the season, is it too much to ask that your top offensive guys get over 20 minutes in must win games?
This decision I support. When your top end guys aren't doing much, and they haven't been for a very long time, you have to go with grinders who'll crash the net and hopefully get a bad goal. I've seen this all season... our 3rd and 4th line may lack a lot of skill, but they make up for it in heart. For long parts of the season, our top two lines disappear. If you were the coach, you'd try something new as well.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:49 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Joined. This has gone from sad to completely pathetic. I have given up on this team. I hope the future proves me wrong.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:06 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Gainey needs to fire Carbo and take up the coaching reigns for the rest of the season. Anything else is abject failure.
AGREED! Then hire Patrick Roy. He knows how to win and would be great for Price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
IN BOB WE SUCK! BG is a crappy GM thats it, how can anyone support BG and GC!
The team looks great on paper and is better than last yrs team. Gainey gave Carbo all the elements to win. Carbo is the one who failed to turn those assets into winners. Fire Carbo now! Salvage the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Carbonneau said we did some good things tonight
Ya the players did. Carbo didn't.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 03-07-2009 at 01:33 AM.
The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:29 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Perhaps, but I'm thinking he's done bashing the team in front of a microphone. I'd rather have a coach who puts his players through half an hour of "stop and go" for not showing up at a game than slaughter them publicly when THE problem on the team is confidence...
The kid gloves have never worked, there is a serious problem on this team and Carbo says "steady on, things are going fine" What is that? This team has no drive and no hunger and they are fighting for their playoff lives.

They are getting eaten alive by the basement dwellers and they don't give a damn now that the trade deadline is gone. Carbo is making the same mistake and hasnt progressed one bit as a coach. He rolls lines like a turnstile and other coaches use this to exploit us and pepper the goalie. 2 points away from being in 10th place means you go out there and leave everything on the ice not this gutless play.

I also believe that Gainey not signing guys has created a bad attitude in the locker room. Everyone has their mind on their next contract and arent playing as a team anymore. Gaineys 5 year plan is backfiring in his face hard.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:30 AM
FinnHab

What ******* grim game. But positive things first: Price was good and boys were ready to fight and defend team mates.

What we actually saw during the game: dumb penalties and clueless offensive game is just horrible. Its time to change coach and i saw Bob Hartley in stadings..can he speak french??

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's a positive. We got two goalies who can play well... we just don't have a team to ice in front of them.
alright were back baby

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:43 AM
theboss*

Fire Carbo Now!!!!

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Even the most hardcore fans are giving up now... is there any hope?

Brutal effort. 1 lousy goal vs Lalime and Lehtonen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
In 1 week's time...the Halak beat the best team in the league, and then lost to the 2nd worst team in the league. Thanks to boucher and halak...

How ****ed up is that?Hard to say but it's ****ed up.

Can you say inconsistent?No, they are consistently bad
fixed.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

It seems like this club has really gone downhill fast after Gainey was asked at the midway point what his best move this season was. "Guy Carbonneau" he responded. It really is remarkable how poorly we've played since those comments. Almost eery.

While Gillett seems to have entrusted Gainey with every hockey decision up until now and genuinely likes the guy, if this team fails to make the playoffs, Gainey will finally face the wrath for the first time he's been here IMO. I like Gainey's patience and logic for the most part, but you could reasonably argue that he has made a couple of bold decisions that ultimately cost this team.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:20 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab73 View Post
What ******* grim game. But positive things first: Price was good and boys were ready to fight and defend team mates.

What we actually saw during the game: dumb penalties and clueless offensive game is just horrible. Its time to change coach and i saw Bob Hartley in stadings..can he speak french??
Don't be fooled by his name. He is French-Canadian, Franco-Ontarian to be precise from Hawkesbury.

Anyway. This team needs a major electro schock. Anything.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Bring Larry Robinson and hire Bob Hartley.

P.s After last night I couldn't take it anymore, you can't score a goal vs the trashers with 17 games remaining,you're battling for a playoff spot and you put Glen Metropolit on a 5 on 3? GTFO IM DONE!

p.s #2 Glad for Carey, he goaled a good one.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
C4KOMI

the BGGC brand is fading
due to economical turmoils
the shop is closing down.

any financial help is appreciated.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
LastRide

This team went from a fast skating, accurate passing, fast breakouts, high energy, very few errors exciting team. To a team made of mud. These guys look like they are skating in mud. Constantly causing turnovers. The high speed team is gone. The passing went down the hill, errors galore, no motivation, dumb penalties and just flat out suck. There is always next year I guess.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:35 AM
markov`

To all the Bob Gainey haters...

How can you be so stupid? Gainey did his job. Look at our team on paper. This is the best team we have iced in a long time. The players are just not playing as they should be, Gainey can't do anything to that. Blame the players, not the staff.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:37 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
This team went from a fast skating, accurate passing, fast breakouts, high energy, very few errors exciting team. To a team made of mud. These guys look like they are skating in mud. Constantly causing turnovers. The high speed team is gone. The passing went down the hill, errors galore, no motivation, dumb penalties and just flat out suck. There is always next year I guess.
They are collapsing like the twin towers on 9-11...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:40 AM
markov`

One more thing though, I don't get why Carbo insist of playing Higgins with Tanguay and Koivu. Where is the goalscorer on that line? Kostitsyn-Koivu-Tanguay would be a great line and we never tried this in the past. I just can't stand Higgy anymore.

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
AT27

I'm an eternal optimiste, really I am... But how can we be optimistic right now!? How can we wear our Canadiens jersey and drive around in our cars with our Canadiens flag flying around in the wind. How can we go to the Bell Center, where we PAID for our tickets and sit there and watch theses players take stupid penalties at the WORST times, watch them cause constant turnovers and watch them not even seem to care to win!? Do they know Montreal is one point away from not making the playoffs? Do they know that at every game there are 21 273 screaming fans, just sitting, waiting, wishing someone, either on the team or behind the bench or wherever will wake up and make a change. That someone will realize how pathetic this has become. Anyways, basically I am totally discouraged... I have 3 games left in March to go to and in April I'm going to Boston to see them play. GOD I almost regret buying thoses tickets in October!! Instead of driving 5 hours, paying some overpriced hotel I can just sit on my couch and watch them lose against the Bruins, (HATE THOSES GUYS!) Anyways, I'm going to try to stay optimiste anyways and hope for the best, but I'm afraid there won't be any hockey playing in April and Mai here in Montreal,.... happy 100th guys... Bravo!

AT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:49 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Don't be fooled by his name. He is French-Canadian, Franco-Ontarian to be precise from Hawkesbury.

Anyway. This team needs a major electro schock. Anything.
Yes some coach of Tortorella type

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
habtastic

objectively asking:
What were Carbo's mistakes last night that caused the players to be unable to put chances away? that early Tanguay miss which made me all happy cuz i remembered what a talented player he was to even create the chance turned to...omg you guys cannot finish anything. People just seem not to know how to play hockey well. I don't know how that is Carbo's fault, or the taking stupid penalties. I guess people think he is ordering them to suck or that line combos caused us to lose (which i maintain is ridiculous) or the use of metropolit at the end of the 1st. We just cannot score when other teams in similar scoring situations put them past us. plain and simple. When we can score, our goalie lets in more than he should (obviously not last night nor the recent Halak games). I'm not being dogmatic as I will be the first to admit that I really enjoyed OB's play last night and I usually cannot stand him. Just don't see how it's Carbo's fault. Gainey... well I just wish he would tell us EXACTLY what he has been thinking and why so that we can truly evaluate if it makes sense. I was on board with him until recently. Now..ehhh.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:45 PM
BJG

I have to say I'm confused. We have essentially the same team that finished first in the East last season, minus Streit, plus Tanguay, plus-minus Lang.

Obviously Price struggling is a big difference, as is Kovy's (expected) drop-off in production. But still. The Pens have seen a similar drop in the rankings, but they sold the farm for Hossa; what's our excuse?

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
This decision I support. When your top end guys aren't doing much, and they haven't been for a very long time, you have to go with grinders who'll crash the net and hopefully get a bad goal. I've seen this all season... our 3rd and 4th line may lack a lot of skill, but they make up for it in heart. For long parts of the season, our top two lines disappear. If you were the coach, you'd try something new as well.
I don't care how much heart they have and how badly our top players are playing.
They certainly won't come out of their funk by playing 15-18min.

You live and die with your best players, Carbo doesn't get that. He thinks he has a better chance of winning by putting Lappy/Kosto on PP.

No matter how bad your skilled players are, they're the game breaker players.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
When heart and grit put the puck in net....I'll agree with you.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote