HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Officially 10th in the East tomorrow?

Old
03-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
On another note. Blue jackets beat Wings 7-1.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
7-1 Canes agaisnt Tampa and the second is not over yet..
8-1 now.

I hope we play well tomorrow... I hope.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
7-1 Canes agaisnt Tampa and the second is not over yet..
crazy day in hockey !

canes 8-1 over Tampa

COLUMBUS over Detroit 7-1

Ny Islanders over Devils 7-3

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:02 PM
la25ecoupe

Will Kovy be here next year, because i just got his tshirt..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
MonacoBlue

Officially 6th for now. Please win tomorrow guys. It's getting harder and harder to defend this team.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Will Kovy be here next year, because i just got his tshirt..
collectors item after the next 17 games

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:08 PM
la25ecoupe

Why can't we never score the 7th goal?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Magic33

Hey remember when we were on the decline and most people (i might have also) were saying " Everyone calm down, were still 4th in the east, were in a playoff spot, there is nothing to worry about."

I guess its time to officially hit the panic button. Who wants to do the honors?

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Raider917

When was the last time there were no Canadian teams in the eastern conference(or divisions pre 1993?) that made the playoffs

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Well we could always use another small soft forward!
yeppp...Habs need more of those small soft players

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:22 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The draft is deep but I dont think it is deep enough for our 13th or 14th spot pick to be anything that will knock your socks off. Probably another Chipchura or 3rd/4th liner.
I don't like this tough. What is this, Chipper has been a flop, well let's just say that he is not your typical 1st round pick. Bad pick? Only cause he was snapped so early. Could have been available in the 2nd IMHO.
i hate to say it but we have taken more then a few step back. I'm happy for guys like Max Patch, D'aggo and a few others. This a problem in some way. These guys are supposed to be developing in the AHL. There's always room for ONE rookie. But 2 or 3 each year? Let's just say that's not a great thing. The big thing here is each years.

Building true the draft can be really good but sometime getting that top notch UFA is what the DR ordered. I still believe that this team has a plan and unfortunately, this year has been all hyped and no result. Next year I guess. In the mean time, I'll try to wear my Habs jacket with pride. Go Habs Go

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Hey remember when we were on the decline and most people (i might have also) were saying " Everyone calm down, were still 4th in the east, were in a playoff spot, there is nothing to worry about."

I guess its time to officially hit the panic button. Who wants to do the honors?

no need to panic it's just a slump

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I don't like this tough. What is this, Chipper has been a flop, well let's just say that he is not your typical 1st round pick. Bad pick? Only cause he was snapped so early. Could have been available in the 2nd IMHO.
i hate to say it but we have taken more then a few step back. I'm happy for guys like Max Patch, D'aggo and a few others. This a problem in some way. These guys are supposed to be developing in the AHL. There's always room for ONE rookie. But 2 or 3 each year? Let's just say that's not a great thing. The big thing here is each years.

Building true the draft can be really good but sometime getting that top notch UFA is what the DR ordered. I still believe that this team has a plan and unfortunately, this year has been all hyped and no result. Next year I guess. In the mean time, I'll try to wear my Habs jacket with pride. Go Habs Go

He was the top rated NA midway through the season. It was a surprise he was available at our slot, he would've never been available in the 2nd.

He had a terrible injury also in juniors (severed achilles). And it's not like he won't develop in a solid player...Hainsey/Beauchemin/Robidas anyone?

As for thinking we'll get a Chips in such a great draft at 13-14...that guy is delusionnal. If in fact the draft is comparable to 2003...look at the 10-20s :

Carter, Getzlaf, Parise, Seabrook, Dustin Brown, Burns...yikes. Not to mention the 20+ guys (like Mike Richards, Kesler, etc.).

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
boalboys

more home games ahead i honestly believe we will be fine in the end

boalboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post

He was the top rated NA midway through the season. It was a surprise he was available at our slot, he would've never been available in the 2nd.

He had a terrible injury also in juniors (severed achilles). And it's not like he won't develop in a solid player...Hainsey/Beauchemin/Robidas anyone?

As for thinking we'll get a Chips in such a great draft at 13-14...that guy is delusionnal. If in fact the draft is comparable to 2003...look at the 10-20s :

Carter, Getzlaf, Parise, Seabrook, Dustin Brown, Burns...yikes. Not to mention the 20+ guys (like Mike Richards, Kesler, etc.).
Tank! tank ! tank!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:43 PM
otto bond

Quote:

I can see where you go with this. For real, he was perhaps more know for his leadership. Decent hand but for real not a Franchized Center. I understand that at the WJr he was great. With all the talent that year, he could had been there in the 2nd.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:46 PM
KadoCH

Quote:

Chips has 4G's 10A's in 49 games as a 20-22 year old playing mostly on the 4th line with little in the way of offensive support. He has 28 points in 35 games in the AHL this year and is +20.

He just turned 22 last month he needs to work on his speed and strength in the offseason, but he does show some offensive talent along with being well known for his defensive play. He can be a very good 3rd line centre in this league IMO. A third line with Higgy-Chips-D'ago could be one of the best two way third lines in two years.

KadoCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:58 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadoCH View Post
Chips has 4G's 10A's in 49 games as a 20-22 year old playing mostly on the 4th line with little in the way of offensive support. He has 28 points in 35 games in the AHL this year and is +20.

He just turned 22 last month he needs to work on his speed and strength in the offseason, but he does show some offensive talent along with being well known for his defensive play. He can be a very good 3rd line centre in this league IMO. A third line with Higgy-Chips-D'ago could be one of the best two way third lines in two years.
I'm not dishing Chipper at all. The way I see it and perhaps always saw it, he is a great 3rd line prospect. Great 3rd line Center can fill in at time in the top 2 spot here and there during a season. He is a winner. Having said that, I believe that his stocked had drop a bit and could have slipped in in the 2nd.
It sure is always easy to judge after the fact. I could perhaps give you a list of players at the time I was hoping for and they fitted our needs( BIG FN CENTER)

Old
03-08-2009, 12:04 AM
momotan

They beat detroit, the beat SJ, they will beat Dallas. Its never the big games that this team fails to show up. Its the games playing against the crap of the league. They have blown how many points this year on under 500 teams? Thats the killer. Problem is between the ears.

momotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:04 AM
mario66lemieux*

There's a high probability that the habs will START the game tomorrow at 6 pm in 9th place. That's if Rangers and Pens win their afternoon games. If habs beat Dallas, they will be right back in 5th.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 07:36 AM
GNick42

Quote:
The Canes are actually leading 3-1 against Tampa, Panthers lead their game 2-0.. 1-1 Buffalo Ottawa..

The Pens facing the Caps tomorrow, Rangers against Boston..

The bad news is that every teams in the race for a playoffs spot with us are all playing their best hockey while we are looking like a bunch of lost sheep out there.. We looked more organized in the pre season.. Im not even calling these bunch of guys a team anymore..

This season is turning to be a never ending nightmare..
Best we finish out of the playoff race...we need changes at the top....squeak in playoffs and first round elimination will just allow for excuses and head us for another flop next year.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:33 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
You started 2 threads about this teams troubles.
Not surprising. NewHabsEra is a card carrying member of the HFBoards Bipolar Club. 5000+ posts, 90% garbage.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
I can see where you go with this. For real, he was perhaps more know for his leadership. 1) Decent hand but for real not a Franchized Center. I understand that at the WJr he was great. 2) With all the talent that year, he could had been there in the 2nd.
1) Of course he isn't a franchise center...nobody thought he would be. He was thought of as a sure-bet bottom 6 defensive player with some offensive potential. Maybe top 6 upside.

2) What talent that year? 2004 was such a let-down after the 2003 draft. Other than the top of the draft (Ovechkin and Malkin namely), there wasn't much to be excited about. Chips was thought to be drafted in the early 10s, he fell to us. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out great yet, but he was great at the WJC and has had a serious injury.

He's shown character thoughout his whole career, so I'm sure he'll get through this and make it to the NHL and be a great contributor somewhere. HOWEVER, this, by NO MEANS, is saying what we'll get in the early 10s is a Chipchura. We're more likely getting a top line player than a good role player. Too much talent and depth in this draft.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:30 AM
KadrüH

Quote:
I can see where you go with this. For real, he was perhaps more know for his leadership. Decent hand but for real not a Franchized Center. I understand that at the WJr he was great. With all the talent that year, he could had been there in the 2nd.
All the talent that year? Chip was drafted in 2004, not 2003. The 2004 draft was very poor in the first round. After Chipchura, i take 3 guys: Zajac, Wolski and Mike Green.. Before it's not better. Picard, Thelen, Tukonen, Nokelainen, Montoya, Radulov..
Take a look: http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2004e.html

KadrüH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
1) Of course he isn't a franchise center...nobody thought he would be. He was thought of as a sure-bet bottom 6 defensive player with some offensive potential. Maybe top 6 upside.
People were pinning him to be team's next captain and heart and soul of it just a year ago or so. I don't know if that counts as franchise to you, but it certainly sounds like it to me.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote