HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Mwhl

Old
03-07-2009, 01:02 PM
zakhawk91

vCash: 500
Mwhl

there is a new low level A hockey set to debut next season, the MWHL. It is based in the midwest, and I know there is a St.Louis based team.
This is just hypothetical, but I wanted to know the skill level the league will have. A friend and I though about trying out. We both play Midget AA, and we will be barely 18(with another year of youth hokey eligibility) at the time the tryouts roll around. We both play adult pickup reguarly because our coach takes us. There are some good players there, a few of them ex-CHL players (Texas Brahma), and some ex-D1 guys. Is that like low level A as far as competition goes?
Any thoughts or info would be appreciated! thank you.

zakhawk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakhawk91 View Post
there is a new low level A hockey set to debut next season, the MWHL. It is based in the midwest, and I know there is a St.Louis based team.
This is just hypothetical, but I wanted to know the skill level the league will have. A friend and I though about trying out. We both play Midget AA, and we will be barely 18(with another year of youth hokey eligibility) at the time the tryouts roll around. We both play adult pickup reguarly because our coach takes us. There are some good players there, a few of them ex-CHL players (Texas Brahma), and some ex-D1 guys. Is that like low level A as far as competition goes?
I scout for a Junior A team out of the Pacific NW. They are an established league. Would you like to play there?

Head coach

03-07-2009, 10:31 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
I heard something about this league from a guy I play summer shinny with who plays for Johnstown.

here is a link that might help.
http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ead.php?t=6975
Good luck.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
zakhawk91

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I heard something about this league from a guy I play summer shinny with who plays for Johnstown.

here is a link that might help.
http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...ead.php?t=6975
Good luck.
thanks man

zakhawk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 07:46 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
I scout for a Junior A team out of the Pacific NW. They are an established league. Would you like to play there?

Head coach
I believe the MWHL is going to be very low A league or a semi-pro, i.e very little money. Go play Jr. hockey like Headcoach suggested! Then you can play in college.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Globalz

You should use your last year of Junior eli, to maybe help yourself into a college team or something instead of playing in a semi-pro team

Globalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
Yes if you can play Junior and parlay that into a University scholarship.
I know (Well have met and rang a puck off his jock, Man that kid can shut a 5 hole fast) Alan Reynolds who is a netminder at Princeton.

Alan Reynolds
Goaltender • 5-10/175 • Catches Left
Toronto, Ont. • Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OPJHL)

Reynolds comes to Princeton after one season in the OPJHL with the Jr. Candiens. In that season, Reynolds was 21-9-4 with a 2.63 goals-against average and a .928 save percentage in 35 games played. Reynolds was the OPJHL Southern Rookie of the Year last year and was the league’s player of the month in November. A year earlier while playing with the Jr. Canadiens midget team, he was 42-14-5 with a 1.79 goals against.

And then again I met a guy yesterday who played in Europe for a few years and now he is a electrician in the GTA.

Something to think about.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 01:38 PM
greech

Send a message via AIM to greech
Quote:

Head coach
Hey headcoach, your team actively looking for players?

greech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Homerocks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakhawk91 View Post
Many of these short lived "A" semi-pro leagues have had a wide range of talent. On the high end, I've seen legit pros a NCAA players who have fallen through the cracks end up in one of these leagues, and at the other end, I've had buddies play at this level who would not stand out in a men's B league game.

Homerocks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 06:14 PM
sbkbghockey

So the MWHL looks to be trying to make a comeback after not getting off the ground last season! So far teams announced in Madison WI and Fort Wayne IN. I dont think putting semi-pro teams in cities with established hockey teams is a good idea for this or any league. Madison is crazy about the Badgers and Fort Wayne has had the Komets since the early 1950s.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:

Head coach
Just for the heck of it, what team and what league?

NORPAC (I dont play in it though)

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
vivianmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
Yes if you can play Junior and parlay that into a University scholarship.
I know (Well have met and rang a puck off his jock, Man that kid can shut a 5 hole fast) Alan Reynolds who is a netminder at Princeton.

Alan Reynolds
Goaltender • 5-10/175 • Catches Left
Toronto, Ont. • Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OPJHL)

Reynolds comes to Princeton after one season in the OPJHL with the Jr. Candiens. In that season, Reynolds was 21-9-4 with a 2.63 goals-against average and a .928 save percentage in 35 games played. Reynolds was the OPJHL Southern Rookie of the Year last year and was the league’s player of the month in November. A year earlier while playing with the Jr. Canadiens midget team, he was 42-14-5 with a 1.79 goals against.

And then again I met a guy yesterday who played in Europe for a few years and now he is a electrician in the GTA.Something to think about.
i have played in the ontario elctricians tournament. (the opc) there are some damn good electricians/players in ontario.
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu.7TMn...ts/hockey.html

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote