HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
trees17

vCash: 500
ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

just bought a richards jersey with the c on ebay from thailand for $49.99 plus $20 shipping.... the jersey was exactly right... i dont know who this guy is but what he is selling is the real deal.....he also had briere, carter, gagne, and i believe i saw biron. just thought it might interest some people on here
http://cgi.ebay.com/Simon-Gagne-12-F...ayphotohosting

Old
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say:

Stolen.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Frank Booth

Fakes. Counterfeit.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
Fakes. Counterfeit.
This, i've ordered a jersey from someone like this that they claim to be Authentic and they look similar to the pictures but they are not as high quality. If you bought a jersey and is actually real...you are a lucky man

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-07-2009, 09:12 PM
PJStock42*

All of his jerseys are 100% fake.

Old
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

fake as in not bought directly from nhl or from fangear?

if thats the deciding factor then yes.

ill tell you whats going on here.

the guy is taking customed orders on ebay and having them made at teh RBK factory in indonesia.

its a very popular thing that is done on a regular basis with companies that outsource their garmant labor overseas. i knew a guy who was " supervising" for NIKE corp in malaysia, and was doing the same exact thing. whats the diffrence? same person made it for 5 cents an hour. same material. no horrendous markup.

Old
03-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock42 View Post
All of his jerseys are 100% fake.
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Check out the counterform (the round top) in the "R". The real one is rectangular, the fake is octagonal.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Old
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Check out the counterform (the round top) in the "R". The real one is rectangular, the fake is octagonal.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
if some 8 year old opens up a present and is given that jersey and looks to his parent(s) as heroes for getting him a jersey that they barely could afford like the ones in the fan gear center or modells, then yeh, i think i could live with an octogonal counterform.

edit - the name plates used in the customization center at the wach use d shaped counterforms... not rectangular.... sooooooo really, whats fake? and who really nitpicks over that ****?

Old
03-07-2009, 11:27 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
if some 8 year old opens up a present and is given that jersey and looks to his parent(s) as heroes for getting him a jersey that they barely could afford like the ones in the fan gear center or modells, then yeh, i think i could live with an octogonal counterform.

edit - the name plates used in the customization center at the wach use d shaped counterforms... not rectangular.... sooooooo really, whats fake? and who really nitpicks over that ****?
I would. It looks terrible.

Old
03-08-2009, 03:43 AM
PhillyPhantic

I mean when you wear it to the games, people would know and laugh at you for wearing a fake jersey... just saying.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:34 AM
qwertysac

I've actually bought a jersey off this guy a while ago, total waste of money, worst 50$ i ever spent.

The fabric is garbage compared to the real fabric of edge jerseys. The lettering is horrible quality, the numbers on my jersey were crooked and weren't even aligned properly and the stitching was a joke, with loose threads popping out from everywhere.

Trust me. Save your money. If anything, just pay for a real one, don't cheap out. I wouldn't even recommend paying for this trash if you were REALLY desperate.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

They looks pretty damn good for $50. Screw you guys wailing on the people that buy these. You know some people can't afford $200-$300 on these things each year, stuff like feeding their kids and keeping a roof over is just a little more important. You going to call them out on any less of a fan? I hate that arrogant attitude.

/Rant

Old
03-08-2009, 06:39 AM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
They looks pretty damn good for $50. Screw you guys wailing on the people that buy these. You know some people can't afford $200-$300 on these things each year, stuff like feeding their kids and keeping a roof over is just a little more important. You going to call them out on any less of a fan? I hate that arrogant attitude.

/Rant
Each year? How about picking a great from the past, or someone who is signed long term? It's really not that difficult. If you take a chance on someone who isn't signed long term, that's the risk you're taking. However, it can be avoided by choosing wisely. Take for example my Kimmo jersey.

Not wanting to spend a little extra cash, when you watch every game, and invest your heart and soul into the team really doesn't make much sense. "Hey, I love Mike Richards but he's only worth about 50 dollars to me, 200 you say? NAAAAAH"

Old
03-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

So I try to be helpful and get grilled on here... Listen, I know everyone doesn't have hundreds of dollars to spend on a jersey. And I don;t believe anyone is less of a fan for having a non-authentic jersey. I own the "fake" replica Orange. I had it lettered at the customization station at the Wach.

My main point was to help out everyone on here who thought the jerseys in that link were 100% authentic, so they wouldn't waste their money. Some dude on Ebay is trying to rip them off, and I consider everyone on here great fans of the game, that deserve a better fate than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post

I remember when I was like 11, I desperately wanted Airwalks, because all the kids at school did. My family didnt have a ton of cash lying around, so I settled for "fake" Airwalks from Payless because they did look like them, but some color was off or something. Unfortunately, kids are jerks, and I got made fun of for having them.

I get your point, but people (especially kids) do nitpick that stuff. It's a shame, but it does happen. And trust me, from experience, it sucks being ripped on for it.

Old
03-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Cleary84

I'm really glad this thread was created! My friend and his obnoxious girlfriend both bought jerseys like these that "fell off the truck". Ever since, they think they are hot stuff with their "authentic jerseys". Now I have something to talk about haha!

Old
03-08-2009, 09:43 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Each year? How about picking a great from the past, or someone who is signed long term? It's really not that difficult. If you take a chance on someone who isn't signed long term, that's the risk you're taking. However, it can be avoided by choosing wisely. Take for example my Kimmo jersey.

Not wanting to spend a little extra cash, when you watch every game, and invest your heart and soul into the team really doesn't make much sense. "Hey, I love Mike Richards but he's only worth about 50 dollars to me, 200 you say? NAAAAAH"
there's a difference between being a fan and being obsessed. i love mike richards but i would never spend 200 dollars on a shirt with his name on it. it's fiscally irresponsible if you're not making a lot of money, and as much as i love the flyers, proving how much mike richards is worth to me is hardly a top priority. stop trying to put a monetary value on how much people like a player.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

That's pathetic if people make fun of you for wearing a fake jersey. Gimme a ****ing break.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Flyers Fan Forever

Who cares if they're fake, seriously

Paying $50 for a fake jersey that looks real unless you closely scrutinize it >>> Paying $300 for a real jersey

Old
03-08-2009, 10:27 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
there's a difference between being a fan and being obsessed. i love mike richards but i would never spend 200 dollars on a shirt with his name on it. it's fiscally irresponsible if you're not making a lot of money, and as much as i love the flyers, proving how much mike richards is worth to me is hardly a top priority. stop trying to put a monetary value on how much people like a player.
+1...

Old
03-08-2009, 10:38 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhantic View Post
I mean when you wear it to the games, people would know and laugh at you for wearing a fake jersey... just saying.
I have that same exact fake Richards jersey and I love it. I got it for 35 dollars. I would love to see someone laugh at me for wearing it at the game so I could knock them the **** out. You cant beat this jersey for 35 bucks, it looks almost identical minus the inside lettering. hoorah fake jerseys

Old
03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
this site is awesome

http://www.fashionlineshop.com/index.php

authentic flyers jerseys for 45 bucks. i just got a cole hamels world series one for $35. its legit, its awesome. my friend got a richards jersey from there and it comes with the fight strap and everything, its awesome. i ordered a carter jersey last week and cant wait for it to come.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:56 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Seconded.

I got a Forsberg for like $60 (not a fake) and a Gagne for around $40 (also not a fake) 2 years later and that's as far as I'll go for a while. I bleed O and B, but there are so many things I'd rather spend $200 on than a jersey.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

no offence, but does it really matter that much? ok, well, it shouldnt say authentic if it actually isnt but, who gives a ****? it's not like getting an authentic jersey is going to make you any more of a fan than someone with a replica jersey. i dont understand people out there that show off having an authentic jersey. to me, as long as the numbers are stitched (and not iron on) it's fine by me

Old
03-08-2009, 11:07 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
this site is awesome

authentic flyers jerseys for 45 bucks. i just got a cole hamels world series one for $35. its legit, its awesome. my friend got a richards jersey from there and it comes with the fight strap and everything, its awesome. i ordered a carter jersey last week and cant wait for it to come.
Those look really nice!

I only have one expensive ($200) jersey, I bought it this year and it's a Richards one. There is no way I'd pay $200 for anyone else, with the way players get traded these days at least with him having a long contract and pretty much no chance of getting traded, it's worth it. Plus they seem to win more often than lose when I wear it!

Old
03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
this site is awesome

wow, those are nice. if i hadn't just bought a lindros shirt, i would totally nab one of those. that is a very reasonable deal.

Closed Thread