HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak Unhappy?

Old
03-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
For having played a great game in Atlanta?
And what about Halak playing several great games before that? Against better teams.

Yeah he should sit.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
One major thing people forget about the two.
Price comes in has the savior and that's major pressure. Halak could not do better in the beginning of the year in that same pressure cooker. Halak comes in with a fresh mind, all he did was able to get in a bubble and it's now paying off. I like Halak but you will see after a brutal start, after reporters gang up on him and becomes in the spot light. Price has had better games then halak. Halak's past four games has been a mix of lucky bounce, easy routine shots, terrible rebounds( could explain some of the extra shots) and yes some key saves. I'm not sold on Halak. The one thing he has on Price is maturity. Once Price learns to block this circus, he will be fine. Having said all of this, if Halak is still hot come playoff time and if we are still in, he has to be the go to guy.

Either way, if a cup in in the story, it features a goalie has the main character.
Exactly right. Halak didn't have to walk down Drummond and see a 100 ft picture of himself on the front of the building. Lotsa pressure indeed

Frankly, up until winning that shootout with the ankle injury everybody was raving about the kid. That was what? A month ago?

Halak should play if he is hot and Price is not. But the Price bashing in here needs to stop. It's getting ridiculous how fast folks want to dump on the kid.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
Jaroslav Halak:
Jan 04 '09 FLA @ MTL : 5 goals allowed : WIN
Jan 10 '09 WSH @ MTL : 4 goals allowed : WIN
Jan 17 '09 MTL @ OTT : 4 goals allowed : WIN

Carey Price
Jan 21 '09 MTL @ NJD : 4 goals allowed : LOST
Jan 27 '09 MTL @ TBL : 5 goals allowed : LOST
Jan 29 '09 MTL @ FLA : 5 goals allowed : LOST
Feb 07 '09 TOR @ MTL : 5 goals allowded: LOST

how can we explain those stats?

and BTW, even if Price has looked bad since a lot of games:
Price GAA: 2.79
Halak GAA: 2.89
Career

Price: 2.68 GAA, .912 SV%
Halak: 2.81 GAA, .913 SV%

Both are equal young goalies, who will have a lot of ups and downs, but have huge potential.

Right now, Halak is winning, Price is not. You go with Halak.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Yep.

Halak has been phenomenal lately...if you don't give him a chance to string some starts together now you're telling him that no matter what he does he'll never be more than a backup with this team.

Give the guy a chance.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
habdynasty

the habs are going to get killed in dallas tomorrow its too bad the habs couldnt rest price and halak and throw Denis to the wolves

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:42 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
the habs are going to get killed in dallas tomorrow its too bad the habs couldnt rest price and halak and throw Denis to the wolves
you guys are acting like Dallas is some god-like team.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Gary320

It's funny, cause I'm expecting us to kick their ass, but wtv.. I don't see Begin having a GREAT game like everyone here expects him to.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:53 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Implode ftw.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
It's funny, cause I'm expecting us to kick their ass, but wtv.. I don't see Begin having a GREAT game like everyone here expects him to.
im betting tomorrow Ribs and Begin will be out to show the Habs .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Career

Price: 2.68 GAA, .912 SV%
Halak: 2.81 GAA, .913 SV%

Both are equal young goalies, who will have a lot of ups and downs, but have huge potential.

Right now, Halak is winning, Price is not. You go with Halak.
While I agree with the last part, you shouldn't put them on equal footing career-wise.

Price has 2 years less than Jaro and has had the pressure of being the starter. Price's accomplishments outweigh Jaro's in the NHL so far.

Not to mention at least 4 playoff games where he was absolutely lights out.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Adam91

There is absolutley no reason Halak doesn't deserve to start.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:11 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
No, not fair at all. He deserves to play next game and he deserves to play the game after that. Unless Halak starts to consistently play poorly, Price should be given normal backup duties for awhile.
Quote:
Correct.

Prior to the Atlanta game, Price deserved to not play at all until illness or injury set in. He has moved up to deserving another start when Halak needs a rest.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Correct.

Prior to the Atlanta game, Price deserved to not play at all until illness or injury set in. He has moved up to deserving another start when Halak needs a rest.
I know that it's hard for some to realize that Price is the go-to guy and if both are playing equally well, that he'll get the starts, as unfair as it may seem. You guys can cry to the wolves all you want, that's the way it will be. At equal performances, your first round pick will always get ahead of your later round pick. Price played excellent the last game and because of that, I don't anticipate him sitting very long. When he didn't play well and Halak played well, then I agreed with Halak getting the bulk.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 05:56 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
http://www.faceoff.com/hockey/teams/...%3Fid%3D912139

So who starts against Dallas? Price was apparently quite good last night but the team was actually winning with Halak.
Halak should be a team player, was Price sulking when he was riding the pines?

Price played really well the other night in Atlanta, it was the team in front of him that did nothing to help.

Halak needs to know its not an automatic in this league for playing cause you won some games. Price is the future and is the #1 and the Habs are going to let him at least try to get back on the saddle again, his play in the last game merited another start.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 06:09 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
I know that it's hard for some to realize that Price is the go-to guy and if both are playing equally well, that he'll get the starts, as unfair as it may seem. You guys can cry to the wolves all you want, that's the way it will be. At equal performances, your first round pick will always get ahead of your later round pick. Price played excellent the last game and because of that, I don't anticipate him sitting very long. When he didn't play well and Halak played well, then I agreed with Halak getting the bulk.
I don't really give a rat's ass about "unfairness" as if I was the father of one of these two players or otherwise emotionally invested in them or their draft 'status'. I just care about "winning".

At any rate, right now, the performances are ABSOLUTELY not EQUAL. Price has played poorly in four of his last five games, and Halak has played lights out in his last four games, so if I am calculating the odds of a good performance tonight in Dallas, my odds are much better with Halak.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:18 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

the W column tells us performances are NOT equals lately...

when you're 1 or 2 Pts away from losing your playoff spot, you go with the guy that gets you the W, doesnt matter who's playing better, doesnt matter who was drafted in an earlier round... only the end result count.

and right now, the goalie providing you wins is Halak...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:37 AM
habakkuk

Who does the team want to play for?

When it comes to goalies the team usually tells us by their performance who they want in net. Right now the team is playing for Halak, but not playing for Price. They are telling us they have more confidence in Halak.

habakkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Davebo
Le Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Price played really well the other night in Atlanta, it was the team in front of him that did nothing to help.
Agreed. If true, Halak needs to drop that behaviour immediately.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:55 AM
odishabs

At this point not to start halak would be a strong kick to the funbag...The guy is the ONLY reason our losing streak snapped and now bc price has one good game halak isnt good enough ....we have 2 Starters but not lately Jaro has been patient and he has always been great when thrown in...give him his chance.

MAKE US PROUD BOYS...PRICE AND HALAK!!!

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:15 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Halak needs to know its not an automatic in this league for playing cause you won some games. Price is the future and is the #1 and the Habs are going to let him at least try to get back on the saddle again, his play in the last game merited another start.
Price was riding the pine cause he was playing VERY poorly... not the case with Halak...

Anayway, seeing the reaction/comments of the other players, I highly doubd there's a problem with Halak attitude... chances are they care more about the way he played than some reaction most of them didnt see anyway... he waved his arms, splitt second... OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:05 AM
flappuck

Halak is still sick, Price should start next game. /thread

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Artyukhin*

how about we only play one defensemen
and put Halak and Price in the net together?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Yep.

Halak has been phenomenal lately...if you don't give him a chance to string some starts together now you're telling him that no matter what he does he'll never be more than a backup with this team.

Give the guy a chance.
Halak already knows this. There are some posters on this board that can't seem to understand it but Halak knows his place.

He'll be #1 on some other team and will get his due but he is #2 here. He certainly deserves to be #1 on a good team.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:36 AM
mastodon

All you guys that say Price should play because he had one good game, well, Halak had 5 good games before that, and he actually wins games (of late). I have no doubt Price is the goalie of the future and that it just isn't going to work out with Halak and Price together. It's clear Halak wants to start more than Price, Halak has had to work way harder at it than Price. It's a weird situation. I just do not see the two working out together well. I assume Halak will be gone before next season and hopefully we will have a veteran back-up to help Price.

mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
At any rate, right now, the performances are ABSOLUTELY not EQUAL. Price has played poorly in four of his last five games, and Halak has played lights out in his last four games, so if I am calculating the odds of a good performance tonight in Dallas, my odds are much better with Halak.
Price can't score goals. He only allowed one goal in the last game and to management, it's a great performance and again, at equal performance, he'll get the bulk of the starts as he's the first round pick. The only other way I can think off to get the point across would be to say it in French as it's certainly not working in English!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
the W column tells us performances are NOT equals lately...
That's a common mistake made by fans. Looking at wins and loss and not the way the players perform. The same thing happened when we won those four games in a row a week or two ago while allowing 40 shots a game. Some were blinded by the result while others can see further than their own nose, knowing that it would catch up to us.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote