HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak Unhappy?

Old
03-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
That's a common mistake made by fans. Looking at wins and loss and not the way the players perform. The same thing happened when we won those four games in a row a week or two ago while allowing 40 shots a game. Some were blinded by the result while others can see further than their own nose, knowing that it would catch up to us.
In the last month or so Price has played only one good game and even that he lost. Halak single-handedly won games when the entire team played like crap...Halak deserves to play right now.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
TheCH*

Halak is way better the Price right now and has paid his dues. He deserves to be starting, and the fans and the rest of the players on the team deserve him in nets as well. He is the one that wins the games.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Go Habs Go

Price is too valuable to just throw aside. Playing him after a good game isn't an insult to Halak. The only reason why we're hearing about this is because the media likes to point out little things and blow it up like if its a huge crisis. Gullible people buy it up and start yelling for Carbo's head. bloody lemmings.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Halak is way better the Price right now and has paid his dues. He deserves to be starting, and the fans and the rest of the players on the team deserve him in nets as well. He is the one that wins the games.
He could have won us that last game, eh?

Some ****ing people - I swear...

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
In the last month or so Price has played only one good game and even that he lost. Halak single-handedly won games when the entire team played like crap...Halak deserves to play right now.
But Price's last game was stellar. If he struggles again, you go back to Halak, period, like it or not.

EDIT: Price gets the start against Dallas per RDS.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Coldplay
Courage

**** YOU CARBONNEAU.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
True_Canadiens

Fire Carboneau!!!!!

True_Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Gary320

I love Carey Price. Honestly, I perfer him over Halak if I had to choose but...

Carbonneau going with Price tonight is just a slap in the face for Jaroslav Halak. Basically, thanks for the 4 games even if your healthy.. we will go with the guy who beat one of the worse teams in the NHL to you, who beat one of the best teams.

If he is unhappy now.. I agree with him.

To me, I said it a few weeks ago that I think Carbonneau (Even Gainey) perfer Price over Halak any day of the week, and I think this proves it.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Unbelievable disrespect to Halak right here, wow, way to go Habs management, you prove once again who your golden boy is you biased ****ers.

Old
03-08-2009, 12:22 PM
kovaless

If price let's in 5+ goals and isn't pulled, carbs will be fired in 2 days. Everyone
Knows halak deserves the start.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovaless View Post
If price let's in 5+ goals and isn't pulled, carbs will be fired in 2 days. Everyone
Knows halak deserves the start.

I don't think so. Carbo will stay with this team for the rest of the season.. maybe in the off season. But He wont get fired.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
smon

I don't like it, but I'm not surprised. Price is supposed to be the #1.

Guess Halak is really regretting getting the flu.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Coldplay
Courage

So wait, Price giving up 26 goals in his last 6 starts merits getting the nod over Halak who has been phenomenal for us for the past 2 weeks.

GTFO.

Old
03-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 1131
It's Melanson's call or Carbo?

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
It's Melanson's call or Carbo?
Carbonneau.

"Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau has decided to start Carey Price against the Dallas Stars on Sunday night, his third straight start.

Price lost his last two starts, but put in a good effort against the Atlanta Thrashers on Friday night, but his teammates generated no offence in a 2-0 loss.

Jaroslav Halak, who has won his last four starts, will watch from the bench despite being fully recovered from a battle with the flu."

http://habsinsideout.com/main/16862

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Lone Rogue

Okay, everyone shut up for a second.

That post was speaking about body language.

Jaro could have been pissed because his girlfriend dumped him and thats what brought "negative body language".

People can assume all they want, and I will too, but I bet you Jaro would prefer to start at the Bell Centre where he seems to play phenomenally after getting over a flu and giving Price the road start.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Stubbs88

I would go with Halak tonight. I am a huge Price fan and he did play really well the other night, but the team is playing for Halak, wich is not the case for Carey.
That being said..Price can't sit on the bench for the next 4-5..he has to get back in soon and try to carry some momentum fom the Atlanta game.

Just read the post about Price starting tonight. Price will be the starter come play off time, but we have to get there first. I think I would have went with Halak tonight, but I can see going either way. Price is at the top of his game is better than Halak at the top of his game ANY day of the week. Price played Great in Atlanta and if he plays like that and gets a couple goals we can go on a roll....

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Doc McKenna

This is Bull@#$% Halak gets the "sniffles" which we can't even confirm(might be the team saying give price a chance in nets it's been a whole 12 days since he played) and now he gets sat for a third game straight? Why would they not at least play them in platoon.
Carbs is such an idiot. I guess he want to try his plsyoff team all assembled. I knew it was to good to be true for the goalie playing well to continue to get starts.

All you guys saying price should get the start, I just don't know. How do you give it to the guy who has had 1 good game against the 2nd worst team in the league in 2 months, yet we have another goalie who beat 3 of the top teams nearly by himself recently and he doesn't deserve the start....because he was drafted later? Good glad to see we are chicago now.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Madsen View Post
All you guys saying price should get the start, I just don't know. How do you give it to the guy who has had 1 good game against the 2nd worst team in the league in 2 months, yet we have another goalie who beat 3 of the top teams nearly by himself recently and he doesn't deserve the start....because he was drafted later? Good glad to see we are chicago now.
Halak will likely start in Montreal, where he is at his most successful. It's claimed he is 100% from his flu, but no-one knows if he asked Carbo to let him just be ready on the bench if Price blows the game.

Also, was that a reference to Belfour/Hasek? I'm sorry, Chicago made the move absolutely anyone would. Belfour just won the Vezina and Calder in the very same year and was much younger than Hasek.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
**** YOU CARBONNEAU.
Quote:
Unbelievable disrespect to Halak right here, wow, way to go Habs management, you prove once again who your golden boy is you biased ****ers.
Quote:
So wait, Price giving up 26 goals in his last 6 starts merits getting the nod over Halak who has been phenomenal for us for the past 2 weeks.

GTFO.
All 3 posts in the same thread under a 20 minutes span. I doesn't matter how hard you try, Carbonneau is going nowhere. Just those who, like me, have to deal with Kovalev, you better learn to deal with your problem. Carbonneau is going nowhere. We have 10 UFAs or so this summer, a new team next year and Carbonneau will be there!

And Price gave up one goal on 27-28 shots last game. Good call in starting him. If he tanks, Halak will get the next start.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
ReVeuF

Now if i was Halak i would be really unhappy, Carbo decided to put Price in the net against the Stars.

What can Halak do more to be able to be #1 in Montreal ? Anyway Carbo might have one more player against him because of that crap...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Okay, everyone shut up for a second.

That post was speaking about body language.

Jaro could have been pissed because his girlfriend dumped him and thats what brought "negative body language".

People can assume all they want, and I will too, but I bet you Jaro would prefer to start at the Bell Centre where he seems to play phenomenally after getting over a flu and giving Price the road start.
Stop trying to speak in an intelligent manner. We all know that Carbo sucks - I heard the whole recession is because of his line shuffling.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:32 PM
windycity

I think it's a mistake to have not started Halak tonight - he deserves it. Price played well on Friday but he'd understand if he sat tonight (and eff him if he didn't). Not sure that Halak won't see it as a slight.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:33 PM
ReVeuF

Even if Price did well last game, we still lost. Halak was accumulating the wins lately and Price didn't.

Another weird move by Carbo. He deserve to not make the post-season and be fired.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Agreed, here are a few stats for those who still haven't made up their minds.

Price hasn't won a single game in his last 7 starts and he's 2-10-1 in 2009.

Halak has won 5 games in has last 6 starts and he's 11-5 in 2009.

Is there some sort of tank for a top 15 pick thing going I don't know about ?

Halak wins games, that's all that matters from now on, Price can regain his spot at next year's training camp.

Carbo going with Price yesterday is just another in a long list of coaching blunders, then again, it could have been worse, he could have put Georges in net and Dandenault as his backup.

I wouldn't be amazed if the entire team requests trades by the end of Carbo's tenure.
Guy Carbonneau, ladies and gentlemen, our great coach.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote