HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
shamski7

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
yeah they're legit... and if they arent they're very close to it. i highly recommend that site. only thing is they come directly from china and take 10-14 days to arrive but thats reasonable.

Old
03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
wow, those are nice. if i hadn't just bought a lindros shirt, i would totally nab one of those. that is a very reasonable deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
yeah they're legit... and if they arent they're very close to it. i highly recommend that site. only thing is they come directly from china and take 10-14 days to arrive but thats reasonable.
Based on the pictures, they sure dont look legit.

The numbers are all different sizes and not all at the same spot on the chest.

Old
03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
McNasty

If the Lettering is the only fake thing about the jersey buy a blank one and take it to the wachovia center and they will customize it for you.

Old
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
SaveHextall

It annoys me that the replica jerseys they sell at Flyers games are so crappy. They are not sewn-on. You'd think the Flyers would sell you something cool, but no - its an iron on.

And nobody would laugh at you if your jersey wasnt customized exactly like the real jerseys are. I'd say over 50% of all Flyers jerseys I see at games are customized completely wrong.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:00 PM
eroth

So, where can one actually get a legitimate replica jersey (let's say Richards with the C), without having to order it via customization from nhl.com?

Since I'm out of the area, I'd have to order online. I sent my folks to a few Modell's, but they were all sold out...plenty of Briere jerseys that nobody wants.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Seconded.

I got a Forsberg for like $60 (not a fake) and a Gagne for around $40 (also not a fake) 2 years later and that's as far as I'll go for a while. I bleed O and B, but there are so many things I'd rather spend $200 on than a jersey.
2 years ago i paid 44 bucks for a orange(that alterante 3rd they had for a couple of seasons) replica jersey of Forsberg from some guy in England, it had the A instead of the C but who cares, if you want the jersey and think its cool buy it.
if I had a kid and he had one that was "fake" id smack anyone who would make fun of him. I mean really. who cares.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:04 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
2 years ago i paid 44 bucks for a orange(that alterante 3rd they had for a couple of seasons) replica jersey of Forsberg from some guy in England, it had the A instead of the C but who cares, if you want the jersey and think its cool buy it.
if I had a kid and he had one that was "fake" id smack anyone who would make fun of him. I mean really. who cares.
Yep, mine is the orange 3rd as well, I always liked those for some reason.

Replica soccer jerseys are actually much, much worse, my sister got me one for my birthday one time and it was pretty awful (though of course I appreciated the gesture, wasn't her fault).

Old
03-08-2009, 01:15 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

seriously. the term " authentic " shouldnt be thrown around. you know who has an authentic jersey? the players who wear them in game, and the ones that got them off their back at fan appreciation. thats a truly authentic jersey.

what flyer fan would rather have a guy wearing an "authentic penguins jersey" next to him then someone wearing a flyers jersey who doesnt have double tackle twill and octogonal counterform on the nameplate?

if there is one. i will shoe him or her in the groin area. elitest ******.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:18 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

in terms of a good deal tho, nhl.com had 4 xl sized jerseys with free customization and shipping on march 5th. not bad for the price.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Yep, mine is the orange 3rd as well, I always liked those for some reason.

Replica soccer jerseys are actually much, much worse, my sister got me one for my birthday one time and it was pretty awful (though of course I appreciated the gesture, wasn't her fault).
I once bought a AC Milan and Chelsea jersey off ebay, I won with a bid of $.99 each and the shipping was like $5. Ill take any jersey that is $5.99 though.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
My problem with these jerseys is it's essentially theft from the Flyers and the players people claim they root for. I guarantee you that the Flyers and the player aren't their share of the sale when you by them from these fly-by-night retailers.

Yes, the Flyers/Mike Richards have more money than me, but that doesn't make it right to steal from them. Same reason why I think streams should still be banned from be posted.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
My problem with these jerseys is it's essentially theft from the Flyers and the players people claim they root for. I guarantee you that the Flyers and the player aren't their share of the sale when you by them from these fly-by-night retailers.

Yes, the Flyers/Mike Richards have more money than me, but that doesn't make it right to steal from them. Same reason why I think streams should still be banned from be posted.
They make 6 million dollars doing something they love. Many of us make $75,000 a year doing something we hate. Im not really worried about Mike Richards not getting his fair share of money from a jersey.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
They make 6 million dollars doing something they love. Many of us make $75,000 a year doing something we hate. Im not really worried about Mike Richards not getting his fair share of money from a jersey.
So you'd be cool with someone making $20K a year doing something he despises coming in to your house and stealing $25?

Old
03-08-2009, 01:47 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
So you'd be cool with someone making $20K a year doing something he despises coming in to your house and stealing $25?
when you make $6 million a year plus money from sponsors or what not, I am not worried that he is not getting his money on jersey sales. I would love to have $6 in my life time, hes getting close to 6 mil a year for 12 years, I am not worried about him not getting whatever he gets for everyone of his jerseys sold

Old
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
when you make $6 million a year plus money from sponsors or what not, I am not worried that he is not getting his money on jersey sales. I would love to have $6 in my life time, hes getting close to 6 mil a year for 12 years, I am not worried about him not getting whatever he gets for everyone of his jerseys sold
If it helps you sleep at night, go ahead tell yourself that.

It's still theft.

Old
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
I guarantee that Mike Richards doesn't stay up at night thinking about people buying his jersey direct from China instead paying through the NHL.

Old
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:

It's still theft.
If it makes you feel better knowing that Mike Richards really cares about making money on jersey sales, go ahead and tell yourself that.

I don't think he cares.

Old
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

It's still theft.
it's theft, but i would also say that the price companies charge for jerseys is tantamount to stealing as well. $300 for a shirt that probably cost less than $15 to make is kind of ridiculous. that kind of business strategy makes it really hard for me to sympathize with the companies.

Old
03-08-2009, 02:32 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
it's theft, but i would also say that the price companies charge for jerseys is tantamount to stealing as well. $300 for a shirt that probably cost less than $15 to make is kind of ridiculous. that kind of business strategy makes it really hard for me to sympathize with the companies.
If people are willing to spend the money its a perfect business strategy.

Old
03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
slitz

Quote:

there simply is not enough of these to respond to this post.

Old
03-08-2009, 03:43 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
If people are willing to spend the money its a perfect business strategy.
that's fine. i'm not saying that they should lower their prices, i'm just saying that it's hard for me to sympathize with them. it's far easier for me to sympathize with someone who buys questionable goods at a significantly lower price.

Old
03-08-2009, 03:58 PM
MountainHawk

I sympathize with no one. The NHL (maybe?) overcharges for their product, but that's their right because they have a product people want. Doesn't others the right to steal the Flyers logo and make a profit of it.

Honestly, I expect that the NHL has set the price point that maximizes dollars of profit.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
for $45 bucks i cant complain... id rather spend 45 than ~200.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:10 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
I sympathize with no one. The NHL (maybe?) overcharges for their product, but that's their right because they have a product people want. Doesn't others the right to steal the Flyers logo and make a profit of it.

Honestly, I expect that the NHL has set the price point that maximizes dollars of profit.
well, that's the conflict of capitalism. the consumer tries to pay the least possible and the seller tries to charge the highest possible. as a consumer, i would clearly sympathize more with other consumers. maybe if i ever go into business, i'll sympathize more with the companies.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:12 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
well, that's the conflict of capitalism. the consumer tries to pay the least possible and the seller tries to charge the highest possible. as a consumer, i would clearly sympathize more with other consumers. maybe if i ever go into business, i'll sympathize more with the companies.
Meh ... you are asking me to choose between to sides, one who has Holmgren and the other who has Jester.

I'll go with Holmgren's side.

Closed Thread