HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Meh ... you are asking me to choose between to sides, one who has Holmgren and the other who has Jester.

I'll go with Holmgren's side.
hah, well, when you put it that way

i'm not saying that one side is right and the other is wrong. merely that i understand more of the consumer's point of view.

i'd be interested to see how much of each jersey's profit goes to holmgren.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Viller

I have Richards and Briere just like those and they are fine by me. I wouldn't use them in an actual game though...

I rather pay 50$ and have an octogonal in the R than pay 300$ for a rectangle. I don't see anyother differences than this...

I guess it depends how much money you have to waste

Old
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

The ironic part of this entire thread is the people saying they'd rather spend $50 on a fake because they "have to keep a roof over their heads", yet you're paying 30-90 dollars to attend games + transportation costs? If you're so strapped on cash how are you able to afford that? What a joke.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
The ironic part of this entire thread is the people saying they'd rather spend $50 on a fake because they "have to keep a roof over their heads", yet you're paying 30-90 dollars to attend games + transportation costs? If you're so strapped on cash how are you able to afford that? What a joke.
What's a joke? If you buy a $50 jersey you still have $150 left to go to a game compared to someone paying $200 for a jersey and having nothing left.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
What's a joke? If you buy a $50 jersey you still have $150 left to go to a game compared to someone paying $200 for a jersey and having nothing left.
That's not the point. If you CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, you shouldn't be buying either.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
umm, i haven't been to a non-college hockey game in like 5 years. i can't afford either. college does that to you.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
flountown

It kind of bothers me people are so worried about this. I have a Lupul "replica" that I was lucky to have gotten last year, because they still stitched on the numbers and nameplate. Unfortunately now only the authentic $300 jerseys come with stitched on numbers and patches and such. I actually purchased a California Golden Seals jersey from some guy in Singapore for $25 and Everything was sewn on. Now I disagree with people labeling the Chinese as "Authentic" because very few people actually purchase the heavier authentic jerseys. My Lupul is still an authentic replica, but not an authentic.

But at this point I would purchase the knock-off in a heartbeat. If I am gonna drop 200+ on a jersey, they sure as hell better be sewing on my numbers, patches, and nameplate.

And for those people essentially judging who is a real fan by what jersey a person buys is nothing more than petty. Everyone take deep breaths.

Old
03-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
yeah they're legit... and if they arent they're very close to it. i highly recommend that site. only thing is they come directly from china and take 10-14 days to arrive but thats reasonable.
If they are coming from China then there is no way they are legit. China has a huge problem with counterfeit goods.

As for real vs fake jerseys, there is no way I'd knowingly buy a fake jersey. I'm not going to support someone stealing someone else's intellectual property. Not to mention all of the innocent people who get suckered in thinking these are legit when they aren't. Who can support that?

I agree the price for real jerseys is absurd. I really can't afford to buy the jerseys I like, but so what? I am not entitled to own those jerseys so I do without. I'm not going to line some criminals' pockets with my hard earned money so I can be like everyone else and own a jersey. Not to mention it's tacky as hell to buy counterfeit products.

Old
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
That's not the point. If you CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD, you shouldn't be buying either.
Obviously put in context for fans that can't attend the games due to financial constraints. Then you have a child who all he/she wants in the year is a hockey jersey, some people work damn hard just to get the little things in life. So get of your ****ing high horse

Old
03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
slitz

wow, this thread is laughable

Old
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
trees17

sec 109..... ill be the one in the fake richards jersey..... haha

Old
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhantic View Post
I mean when you wear it to the games, people would know and laugh at you for wearing a fake jersey... just saying.
With all due respect, that's the gayest **** I've ever heard.

If I was ever at a game (or anywhere in public) and heard someone say, "Haha, that guy/chick has a knockoff jersey on," I would track that person down and gouge his/her eyes out with my thumbs.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
seriously. the term " authentic " shouldnt be thrown around. you know who has an authentic jersey? the players who wear them in game, and the ones that got them off their back at fan appreciation. thats a truly authentic jersey.

what flyer fan would rather have a guy wearing an "authentic penguins jersey" next to him then someone wearing a flyers jersey who doesnt have double tackle twill and octogonal counterform on the nameplate?

if there is one. i will shoe him or her in the groin area. elitest ******.
What do you mean? You can buy Authentic jerseys that the players themselves could take from you and wear on the ice. I have 2 of them. They are authentic as exactly what the players wear. There is an obvious difference and I couldnt go back to a replica. Maybe im misunderstanding your post.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:18 PM
AaronTrieu

hhmmm if i follow the logic of some of these posts....

Is it theft if I buy the store brand cereal in a bag? Say I buy "fruit-ohs" instead of fruit loops, am I stealing from kellogs or general mills? whoever the hell makes it? I'm sorry, but whoever says its stealing is EFFING retarded. Plain and simple.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post

Is it theft if I buy the store brand cereal in a bag? Say I buy "fruit-ohs" instead of fruit loops, am I stealing from kellogs or general mills? whoever the hell makes it? I'm sorry, but whoever says its stealing is EFFING retarded. Plain and simple.
Depends. I haven't read most of this thread. If they're legitimately made by RBK just in another country, no problems. If they're from another country, then it's stealing.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post

Maybe you're EFFING retarded for trying to compare generic brand cereal to jerseys being made by unauthorized distributors in Chinese sweatshops.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:33 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
Maybe you're EFFING retarded for trying to compare generic brand cereal to jerseys being made by unauthorized distributors in Chinese sweatshops.
LOL whooooaa that was funny. But true

Old
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Yeah, not everyone here gets to go to the games.

Old
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
What do you mean? You can buy Authentic jerseys that the players themselves could take from you and wear on the ice. I have 2 of them. They are authentic as exactly what the players wear. There is an obvious difference and I couldnt go back to a replica. Maybe im misunderstanding your post.
what im saying is in the absolute sense of the word authentic. it would be the one that a player won. elitests who discern over what determines what is and what isnt authentic, well you cant get more authentic then an actual one worn by the player in a game.thats about as real as it gets.

and as for the fake ones made in "chinese" sweatshops. well people fail to realize is that some of the people on ebay are selling jerseys that come from the same exact factory the real ones are made in.

same material, same lettering. same everything. what some of them do is put an auction on ebay, once there is a winning bid, an order is put in at the REEBOK sweatshop and pulled from the line and sent to the winner bypassing all proper channels. ( its the same process when someone does an order on nhl.com) except some guy over there is sending it directly to you via fedex or ups, or dhl or even USPS international.

RBK has their jerseys made in indonesia.

here are the features of an RBK authentic jersey from the NHL website:

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img

#100% double knit polyester
# Spandex four-way stretch pique core body
# PlayDry® performance Lycratalic collar
# Water repellent Bead Away™ X-trafil fabric is placed on the high-abrasion shoulder and elbow areas
# Official team graphics on chest and shoulder crests (where applicable) are designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill
# NHL® shield patch is sewn on the bottom front of the collar fabric insert
# Authentic tie down "fight" strap attached inside back of jersey
# Reinforced stitching on all seams and hems
# Decorated in the team colors
# Officially licensed
# Imported ( guess where, thats right indonesia)

Old
03-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Seriously who the hell cares if its "technically" stealing, does this hurt you? You people are acting like your all freakin saints and you never broke the law. Ever jay walk? Ever drive 26 in a 25MPH zone? Ever roll through a stop sign? Ever litter? Smokers, what do you do with your cig butts, do you throw every single one of them away? Whats the big deal that people are saving money buying fake jerseys, this is retarded.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Seriously who the hell cares if its "technically" stealing, does this hurt you? You people are acting like your all freakin saints and you never broke the law. Ever jay walk? Ever drive 26 in a 25MPH zone? Ever roll through a stop sign? Ever litter? Smokers, what do you do with your cig butts, do you throw every single one of them away? Whats the big deal that people are saving money buying fake jerseys, this is retarded.
NEVER!

Old
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
what im saying is in the absolute sense of the word authentic. it would be the one that a player won. elitests who discern over what determines what is and what isnt authentic, well you cant get more authentic then an actual one worn by the player in a game.thats about as real as it gets.

and as for the fake ones made in "chinese" sweatshops. well people fail to realize is that some of the people on ebay are selling jerseys that come from the same exact factory the real ones are made in.

same material, same lettering. same everything. what some of them do is put an auction on ebay, once there is a winning bid, an order is put in at the REEBOK sweatshop and pulled from the line and sent to the winner bypassing all proper channels. ( its the same process when someone does an order on nhl.com) except some guy over there is sending it directly to you via fedex or ups, or dhl or even USPS international.

RBK has their jerseys made in indonesia.

here are the features of an RBK authentic jersey from the NHL website:

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.js...y_bestsell_img

#100% double knit polyester
# Spandex four-way stretch pique core body
# PlayDry® performance Lycratalic collar
# Water repellent Bead Away™ X-trafil fabric is placed on the high-abrasion shoulder and elbow areas
# Official team graphics on chest and shoulder crests (where applicable) are designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill
# NHL® shield patch is sewn on the bottom front of the collar fabric insert
# Authentic tie down "fight" strap attached inside back of jersey
# Reinforced stitching on all seams and hems
# Decorated in the team colors
# Officially licensed
# Imported ( guess where, thats right indonesia)
Yeah and the authentics all come from the same place bud. The cusomization is done in NA. The players jerseys and the authentics for sale all come from the same place. You think the Flyers have some little shop here where they have their jerseys made "specially" by RBK? Authentic is authentic. Same jersey as is worn on the ice, period. Dont argue it.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:43 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

you have no idea what im stating or even arguing about.

so let me explain it simple for you.

my point is that you can get a jersey cheap on ebay that has come from the same exact factory as the others.

the " authenticity" i mentioned in a previous post had nothing to do with how and where they are made. i was stating to those who make such a big deal over them that semantically, a game worn jersey is more authentic. physically its not... thats what i am saying. but you seem to feel that is my " arguement "

in summation:1) people can spend what they want for jerseys, 2)you can get high quality jerseys thru non conventional means, and 3) who really gives a **** about " how authentic " someones apparel is compared to yours..

Old
03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
you have no idea what im stating or even arguing about.

so let me explain it simple for you.

my point is that you can get a jersey cheap on ebay that has come from the same exact factory as the others.

the " authenticity" i mentioned in a previous post had nothing to do with how and where they are made. i was stating to those who make such a big deal over them that semantically, a game worn jersey is more authentic. physically its not... thats what i am saying. but you seem to feel that is my " arguement "

in summation:1) people can spend what they want for jerseys, 2)you can get high quality jerseys thru non conventional means, and 3) who really gives a **** about " how authentic " someones apparel is compared to yours..
Well when we get free practices or I play shinny with my friends (not on my team) I always wear my authentic. Wearing a replica wouldnt be good. They arent as durable. Dont have tapered sleeves or double stiching. The Material rips easy , isnt tailored for equipment and there is no fighting strap. SO for my purposes I would prefer something more durable and roomy.

I understand your point that most people dont need an authentic. Just dont say they are the same. It couldnt be further from the truth. Regarding replicas... I think replicas are crap anyways so yes the ones that are fake on ebay are probably not much worse. Hope this clears it up.

Old
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
Well when we get free practices or I play shinny with my friends (not on my team) I always wear my authentic. Wearing a replica wouldnt be good. They arent as durable. Dont have tapered sleeves or double stiching. The Material rips easy , isnt tailored for equipment and there is no fighting strap. SO for my purposes I would prefer something more durable and roomy.

I understand your point that most people dont need an authentic. Just dont say they are the same. It couldnt be further from the truth. Regarding replicas... I think replicas are crap anyways so yes the ones that are fake on ebay are probably not much worse. Hope this clears it up.

thats not really the discussion in the thread. an rbk edge jersey and a premier of course are going to be diffrent one is pique mesh on is double knit.

but i have seen with my own eyes a jersey bought off ebay with the double knit polyester, the lycratilic collar, the reinforced stitching. everything. it came from the rebook factory itself. so an edge jersey from a " fake seller" can verywell be an edge jersey. its really the luck of the draw. half of the time those guys over there dont know. but theyll take 50 US cash. and most buyers would be happy even if it is a premier.

its " authentic" in the sense its being pulled off the line and sold thru the backdoor.

Closed Thread