HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs roar and win over powerful Stars.

Old
03-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Sports1131

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
According to CJAD, Halak was very shakey in practice and didn't feel good taking a load of shots. So yeah, it wasn't that Halak was 100% ready after the flu. He was cleared to be on the bench, but that doesn't mean he was 100%.
If this is true then I apologize to Carbo -- I would only start Halak if he's feeling 100%. I'm just going by what Habs Inside/Out said today and the reports of him being upset at not starting in Atlanta.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
when Tanguay came in the locker room today Andrei K was sitting at his place. So Tang said:"hey what's going on?". Andrei responded "we together tonight" with a huge smile on his face. .
Oh man

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Danny Dubé just told a cool story on radio:
when Tanguay came in the locker room today Andrei K was sitting at his place. So Tang said:"hey what's going on?". Andrei responded "we together tonight" with a huge smile on his face. So Alex said:"kid, just put your stick on the ice and don't worry about the rest".
That's awesome!! Keep them together!!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quick nod to TKO who was a beast tonight.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Gary320

Tanguay with Kostitsyn was just so awesome. After the 2nd, everytime they touched the puck you just felt a huge scoring chance. Kostitsyn could have easily gotten a hat-trick tonight. Pacioretty and Kovalev and Plekanec was also really good.. two lines who can scare the other team.. and Higgins is in his rightful place with Kosto and LApierre.. leave that too..

Great to see great working lines tonight.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
It is great to get that win, 5th place in the Conference, 9th overall, 2nd in the division. Not too bad, should be better. We will be playing Florida, Pitts, Philly ,Buffalo or the Rangers in the first round, all teams we can beat in 5.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
I'm loving how for every player this board has people willing to go to amazing lengths to justify anything. But a coach, a guy who did so much for the org. like Carbo's regularly called an idiot by people who suck at school but still procrastinate or have terrible jobs or often little to no prospects. Sometimes they're also barely literate. Nothing wrong with not liking a coach's decision but if you think he's the sole reason for every one of this teams woes, or if you hate him to the point you think he's an idiot(if you've met him you know this isn't true) then you are just a bit smarter than a retard.

Good teams with a strong core don't get into slumps like these 2 years out of three. Management realizes the coach isn't good enough when he can't win anything come playoff time, that's how guys like Lewis get fired. You have the Devils who change regularly, sure, but even then they win while the Habs don't. After more than 10 years of this crap, you'd think people would realize the core still needs to get better.
I don't think you should take this place and it's content too seriously man. It's only a hockey board and people come here to vent and express themselves. If you expect a bunch a nuclear physicists and brain surgeons, then you're definitely at the wrong place. Chill.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Jedrik

I'm glad we won, and I'm not one for drama, but I think that if somebody made a film out of only our first periods this year and I forced myself to watch it, somewhere around hour nine I'm probably willingly climb into a running woodchipper.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Stradale

I ♥ Stewart.

It may have cost 4 minutes but it was way worth it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:47 PM
MedStud76

Side note

OMG the almighty Flames with the semi-GOD Jokinen just lost 5-2 to the 29th place Thrashers.

Since the Habs are a disgrace and doomed to miss the playoff after the 2-0 lost, I guess the Flames should be banned to the AHL, especially after there 6-1 lost to the Hurricane before that and the 8-6 lost to the Lightning a few games before.

This to say that every team can have bad game or good game, even bad stretch and good one. The habs bad stretch has been a long one, but we still have a good team that is worth cheering for and that can go a long way.

MedStud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
la25ecoupe

In 3 games, chemistry between Tanguay Koivu and Kostitsyn will be awesome.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
la25ecoupe

When Lats back, where will he fit?

Higs - Laps - Lats?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Biggsy

Great game today, got a little nervous with although BS penelties early on 5 on 3s made me extremely nervous but they killed them off and came through with a huge victory today Price is looking good i like the line combos, Higgins may be better on that line is it the 3rd line? If so maybe he is a 3rd line player anyways i hope carbo keeps these lines and the habs go on a nice winning streak to put them back in a good position.

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
It is great to get that win, 5th place in the Conference, 9th overall, 2nd in the division. Not too bad, should be better. We will be playing Florida, Pitts, Philly ,Buffalo or the Rangers in the first round, all teams we can beat in 5.
I don't know how you can draw either of those two conclusions since 1) if we do make the playoffs we could easily finish as low as 8th and 2) we've demonstrated that we have trouble handling any of those teams.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
Oh man
I would have been scared if I would have been in Tanguay's place.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I think Carbo must have been trolling these boards the past week, because I think we've all been screaming for Tanguay-Koivu-Kostitsyn and Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kovalev.. Both lines have what it takes to succeed!

Kostitsyn gets to be the trigger man on his line (which is what he needs to be) and Kovalev gets a hard working big body presence (WHAMMO) that battles in the corners and plants himself infront of the net to let Kovy move around.

Everyone wins, including Carbo because he made everyone's dreams come true.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
you forgot a sarcasm tag I hope.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:08 PM
usernam

Finally a relatively good performance. My veins can take a break now.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Magic33

What happened?! I went out after the first period and we were being dominated because of penalties. Did we play a good 2nd and 3rd?

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:40 PM
DaHabMan

well akost plays a good game and scores a goal, away from kovalev and playing on the rw....whod have thunk it.....

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:48 PM
dcyhabs

Was Fraser as biased as he usually is? From the numbers and what I saw of the game (third period) it looks like it...

dcyhabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Danny Dubé just told a cool story on radio:
when Tanguay came in the locker room today Andrei K was sitting at his place. So Tang said:"hey what's going on?". Andrei responded "we together tonight" with a huge smile on his face. So Alex said:"kid, just put your stick on the ice and don't worry about the rest".
awesome stuff

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Bigfifty

so we won over a mediocre team.......problems solved? far from

Bigfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
Exactly. Price has now let in 2 goals in 2 games. Carbo may have gotten his head back on straight. Halak is still there for us; if he's too sad that he got the bench and ***** the bed next start because of it, then he ain't a pro hockey player.

Bunny Laraque won a lot of games for the Habs backing up Dryden. He was good at what he was, as is Halak.

I hope Halak starts a game this week...Edm or NYI, it would be dumb to sit him for 6-7 games even though Carey has been rock solid the last 2 games.

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfifty View Post
so we won over a mediocre team.......problems solved? far from
It was a character win - a come-from-behind road win, by a struggling team. Survived a brutal three and a half minute 5 on 3 PK. Stewart showed Ott we're not taking any of his ****. Solid, if not great goaltending. Timely scoring. I'm happy. Very happy.

Loved the smile on AKost's face after he scored and Carbo's reaction on the bench when they won.

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote