HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

TFP: Blues #2 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues #2 prospect?
Patrik Berglund 29 50.88%
TJ Oshie 18 31.58%
Lars Eller 8 14.04%
Aaron Palushaj 0 0%
Phil McRae 0 0%
Simon Hjalmarsson 0 0%
Brett Sonne 1 1.75%
Steve Wagner 0 0%
Ian Cole 0 0%
Jonas Junland 0 0%
Cade Fairchild 0 0%
Chris Holt 0 0%
Ben Bishop 0 0%
Jake Allen 0 0%
Other 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2009, 06:35 AM
  #1
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
TFP: Blues #2 prospect

Pietrangelo wins the #1 spot.

1) Alex Pietrangelo, D

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
  #2
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Vote: Berglund [Patrick]
Add: Berglund [Kristoffer]

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
  #3
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
As in the #1 thread I am not including Berglund and Oshie.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:24 AM
  #4
CCBC
Registered User
 
CCBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Bergs.

Weird how Oshie was #2 in the last thread, but doesn't have any votes yet.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
  #5
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 50
Would have voted Berglund. But I can't..

Add K.Berglund.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:46 AM
  #6
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
I find it weird how we consider players like Berlund and Oshie who already have a spot on this team solidifyed(sp) are still considered prospects

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
  #7
On Axis
Mad Vlad
 
On Axis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrumBlues View Post
I find it weird how we consider players like Berlund and Oshie who already have a spot on this team solidifyed(sp) are still considered prospects
Prospects are considered graduated at a certain number of NHL games (I think it's 60 or so), and neither Berglund or Oshie have surpassed that mark.

I went with Berglund (maybe because I'm biased...) but you can go either way here and not be wrong.

Add Lehtera

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:35 AM
  #8
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol
 
WalterSobchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gutter Alley
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,743
vCash: 500
add Lemtyugov

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
  #9
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
I voted for Oshie. Berglund will have a better scoring career but I think Oshie will be a better all around player and leader. How did Pietrangelo win the #1 over both?

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
  #10
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
I shouldn't vote now, as my votes wouldn't make any sense (as I considered Berglund graduated because he would reach his 65 games in just 6 more games).

So, I voted for Oshie as the #1 (I deemed him eligible as he can not reach his 65 games this season).

I would have voted for Pietrangelo for #2 (with Berglund graduated), but can't vote for him, as he won #1, and isn't a choice on this poll

So, in order to have my votes mean something, I will change my assumptions (as my first vote didn't ruin the 1st poll (Pietrangelo would have won anyway).

I assume now that Berglund is still a "prospect", as he hasn't reached 65 NHL games yet (although he probably will before we get to the 10-12th best Blues' prospect poll).

So, I'll say that, assuming the above scenario, Berglund was my #1, Oshie my #2, Pietrangelo my #3, and Eller my #4.

Pietrangelo won #1, so is not a choice in this poll. So, I will have to Choose Berglund in a slight win over Oshie.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
  #11
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I shouldn't vote now, as my votes wouldn't make any sense (as I considered Berglund graduated because he would reach his 65 games in just 6 more games).

So, I voted for Oshie as the #1 (I deemed him eligible as he can not reach his 65 games this season).

I would have voted for Pietrangelo for #2 (with Berglund graduated), but can't vote for him, as he won #1, and isn't a choice on this poll

So, in order to have my votes mean something, I will change my assumptions (as my first vote didn't ruin the 1st poll (Pietrangelo would have won anyway).

I assume now that Berglund is still a "prospect", as he hasn't reached 65 NHL games yet (although he probably will before we get to the 10-12th best Blues' prospect poll).

So, I'll say that, assuming the above scenario, Berglund was my #1, Oshie my #2, Pietrangelo my #3, and Eller my #4.

Pietrangelo won #1, so is not a choice in this poll. So, I will have to Choose Berglund in a slight win over Oshie.
That is about as good a reason as any to vote for Berglund.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
  #12
Plagers4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
As in the #1 thread I am not including Berglund and Oshie.
I can just see you now, in handcuffs, talking to the Gold Shield agents of the U.S. Department of Treasury - "as with my other tax returns, I do not consider my earnings as income so I have excluded them from my tax return regardless of what the rules stipulate 'cause I only follow my own rules".

Plagers4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:24 PM
  #13
Cheli
Registered User
 
Cheli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto/Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I voted for Oshie. Berglund will have a better scoring career but I think Oshie will be a better all around player and leader. How did Pietrangelo win the #1 over both?
I agree with this. I think Pietrangelo won #1 because a lot of people said "well I don't consider Berglund or Oshie prospects."

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
  #14
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Plagers4ever, what's the point of voting for Berglund or Oshie? Do you consider them prospects? I don't. Berglund is only a few games away from "the rules" # of 65 games. If not for the high ankle sprain Oshie would be there too in games played. They both get PP time and Oshie is a regular on the Pk while Berglund sees some Pk time. They are both key players on the team. "We're not in Russia are we Danny?" Are you going to come back in two weeks and change your vote if you voted for Berglund? Vote for who you want, I did.


Last edited by stlweir: 03-07-2009 at 10:53 PM.
stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
  #15
STL fan in IA
Registered User
 
STL fan in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Plagers4ever, what's the point of voting for Berglund or Oshie? Do you consider them prospects? I don't. Berglund is only a few games away from "the rules" # of 65 games. If not for the high ankle sprain Oshie would be there too in games played. They both get PP time and Oshie is a regular on the Pk while Berglund sees some Pk time. They are both key players on the team. "We're not in Russia are we Danny?" Are you going to come back in two weeks and change your vote if you voted for Berglund? Vote for who you want, I did.
You vote for Berglund and Oshie because they're in the poll. What's the point of not voting for them? If enough people voted that way, two of our best prospects/players would be way down on the list which makes no sense. If you really want to rebel against the two of them even being included on the list...I guess you could just not vote.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM
  #16
Plagers4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Plagers4ever, what's the point of voting for Berglund or Oshie? Do you consider them prospects? I don't. Berglund is only a few games away from "the rules" # of 65 games. If not for the high ankle sprain Oshie would be there too in games played. They both get PP time and Oshie is a regular on the Pk while Berglund sees some Pk time. They are both key players on the team. "We're not in Russia are we Danny?" Are you going to come back in two weeks and change your vote if you voted for Berglund? Vote for who you want, I did.
Once again, you missed the whole point. The author of the thread is entitled to establish the parameters under which the poll is defined and conducted. If he or she, for example, defined "prospect" as "any player with three seasons or less experience", THEN THAT IS THE GUIDELINE TO BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF THIS POLL. If you wish to start a thread utilizing the definition of "prospect" as you define it, I have no problem with that, AND I WILL VOTE IN YOUR POLL USING THE CRITERIA YOU SELECT AND ESTABLISH.

However, you bastardized this poll by substituting parameters other than that defined by the originator.

And to answer your question, no, I do not consider Oshie or Berglund to fall into the category of "prospects". However, I did include them in my consideration FOR PURPOSES OF THIS POLL BECAUSE THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT THE AUTHOR REQUESTED.


Last edited by Plagers4Ever: 03-08-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Plagers4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:52 AM
  #17
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Sometimes a little common sense doesn't hurt. Are you going to come back and change your vote a week from tuesday after Bergland plays game #65? Lighten up Francis.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
  #18
Plagers4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Sometimes a little common sense doesn't hurt. Are you going to come back and change your vote a week from tuesday after Bergland plays game #65? Lighten up Francis.
You obviously have Al Qaeda traits - "if someone does not adhere to my beliefs, then they are wrong and damned". Once again - S-L-O-W-L-Y for the reading impaired - the author of the poll is entitled to set the parameters of qualification in any manner in which they desire. Whether you or I agree - or disagree - is immaterial. I agree that Oshie and Berglund should probably be omitted, but since the author included them I followed the rules as established and voted under the conditions stipulated.

Plagers4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
  #19
BlueBeard
Registered User
 
BlueBeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 50
I'm going out on a limb here and regardless of the Berglund/Oshie situation I'm going to go with Eller. Something in my gut tells me to vote this way.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
  #20
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
BlueBeard, you are a rebel.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:38 PM
  #21
Polaris
Cold as Ice
 
Polaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL Side
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 50
I'm just going to go with the options listed and try to pick the player who I think has the highest ceiling.

That being said, I had an awful tough time choosing between Oshie and Berglund, but I went with Berglund because of his size and his offensive upside. Oshie is amazing too though.

Lars Eller is a wild card though. From some of the posts I see from the European fans who get to watch him play, he sounds like he could turn into a top-notch player too. I can't wait to see him in action next season, whether it be in Peoria or St. Louis.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.