HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

TFP: Blues #2 prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues #2 prospect?
Patrik Berglund 29 50.88%
TJ Oshie 18 31.58%
Lars Eller 8 14.04%
Aaron Palushaj 0 0%
Phil McRae 0 0%
Simon Hjalmarsson 0 0%
Brett Sonne 1 1.75%
Steve Wagner 0 0%
Ian Cole 0 0%
Jonas Junland 0 0%
Cade Fairchild 0 0%
Chris Holt 0 0%
Ben Bishop 0 0%
Jake Allen 0 0%
Other 1 1.75%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-07-2009, 06:35 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
TFP: Blues #2 prospect

Pietrangelo wins the #1 spot.

1) Alex Pietrangelo, D

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Vote: Berglund [Patrick]
Add: Berglund [Kristoffer]

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:10 AM
stlweir

As in the #1 thread I am not including Berglund and Oshie.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:24 AM
CCBC

Bergs.

Weird how Oshie was #2 in the last thread, but doesn't have any votes yet.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Would have voted Berglund. But I can't..

Add K.Berglund.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

I find it weird how we consider players like Berlund and Oshie who already have a spot on this team solidifyed(sp) are still considered prospects

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrumBlues View Post
I find it weird how we consider players like Berlund and Oshie who already have a spot on this team solidifyed(sp) are still considered prospects
Prospects are considered graduated at a certain number of NHL games (I think it's 60 or so), and neither Berglund or Oshie have surpassed that mark.

I went with Berglund (maybe because I'm biased...) but you can go either way here and not be wrong.

Add Lehtera

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:35 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

add Lemtyugov

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Oshie97

I voted for Oshie. Berglund will have a better scoring career but I think Oshie will be a better all around player and leader. How did Pietrangelo win the #1 over both?

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Robb_K

I shouldn't vote now, as my votes wouldn't make any sense (as I considered Berglund graduated because he would reach his 65 games in just 6 more games).

So, I voted for Oshie as the #1 (I deemed him eligible as he can not reach his 65 games this season).

I would have voted for Pietrangelo for #2 (with Berglund graduated), but can't vote for him, as he won #1, and isn't a choice on this poll

So, in order to have my votes mean something, I will change my assumptions (as my first vote didn't ruin the 1st poll (Pietrangelo would have won anyway).

I assume now that Berglund is still a "prospect", as he hasn't reached 65 NHL games yet (although he probably will before we get to the 10-12th best Blues' prospect poll).

So, I'll say that, assuming the above scenario, Berglund was my #1, Oshie my #2, Pietrangelo my #3, and Eller my #4.

Pietrangelo won #1, so is not a choice in this poll. So, I will have to Choose Berglund in a slight win over Oshie.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 12:27 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I shouldn't vote now, as my votes wouldn't make any sense (as I considered Berglund graduated because he would reach his 65 games in just 6 more games).

So, I voted for Oshie as the #1 (I deemed him eligible as he can not reach his 65 games this season).

I would have voted for Pietrangelo for #2 (with Berglund graduated), but can't vote for him, as he won #1, and isn't a choice on this poll

So, in order to have my votes mean something, I will change my assumptions (as my first vote didn't ruin the 1st poll (Pietrangelo would have won anyway).

I assume now that Berglund is still a "prospect", as he hasn't reached 65 NHL games yet (although he probably will before we get to the 10-12th best Blues' prospect poll).

So, I'll say that, assuming the above scenario, Berglund was my #1, Oshie my #2, Pietrangelo my #3, and Eller my #4.

Pietrangelo won #1, so is not a choice in this poll. So, I will have to Choose Berglund in a slight win over Oshie.
That is about as good a reason as any to vote for Berglund.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Plagers4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
As in the #1 thread I am not including Berglund and Oshie.
I can just see you now, in handcuffs, talking to the Gold Shield agents of the U.S. Department of Treasury - "as with my other tax returns, I do not consider my earnings as income so I have excluded them from my tax return regardless of what the rules stipulate 'cause I only follow my own rules".

Plagers4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I voted for Oshie. Berglund will have a better scoring career but I think Oshie will be a better all around player and leader. How did Pietrangelo win the #1 over both?
I agree with this. I think Pietrangelo won #1 because a lot of people said "well I don't consider Berglund or Oshie prospects."

Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
stlweir

Plagers4ever, what's the point of voting for Berglund or Oshie? Do you consider them prospects? I don't. Berglund is only a few games away from "the rules" # of 65 games. If not for the high ankle sprain Oshie would be there too in games played. They both get PP time and Oshie is a regular on the Pk while Berglund sees some Pk time. They are both key players on the team. "We're not in Russia are we Danny?" Are you going to come back in two weeks and change your vote if you voted for Berglund? Vote for who you want, I did.

Last edited by stlweir: 03-07-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old
03-07-2009, 11:44 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Plagers4ever, what's the point of voting for Berglund or Oshie? Do you consider them prospects? I don't. Berglund is only a few games away from "the rules" # of 65 games. If not for the high ankle sprain Oshie would be there too in games played. They both get PP time and Oshie is a regular on the Pk while Berglund sees some Pk time. They are both key players on the team. "We're not in Russia are we Danny?" Are you going to come back in two weeks and change your vote if you voted for Berglund? Vote for who you want, I did.
You vote for Berglund and Oshie because they're in the poll. What's the point of not voting for them? If enough people voted that way, two of our best prospects/players would be way down on the list which makes no sense. If you really want to rebel against the two of them even being included on the list...I guess you could just not vote.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Plagers4Ever

Quote:
Once again, you missed the whole point. The author of the thread is entitled to establish the parameters under which the poll is defined and conducted. If he or she, for example, defined "prospect" as "any player with three seasons or less experience", THEN THAT IS THE GUIDELINE TO BE USED FOR PURPOSES OF THIS POLL. If you wish to start a thread utilizing the definition of "prospect" as you define it, I have no problem with that, AND I WILL VOTE IN YOUR POLL USING THE CRITERIA YOU SELECT AND ESTABLISH.

However, you bastardized this poll by substituting parameters other than that defined by the originator.

And to answer your question, no, I do not consider Oshie or Berglund to fall into the category of "prospects". However, I did include them in my consideration FOR PURPOSES OF THIS POLL BECAUSE THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT THE AUTHOR REQUESTED.

Last edited by Plagers4Ever: 03-08-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old
03-08-2009, 08:52 AM
stlweir

Sometimes a little common sense doesn't hurt. Are you going to come back and change your vote a week from tuesday after Bergland plays game #65? Lighten up Francis.

Old
03-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Plagers4Ever

Quote:
Sometimes a little common sense doesn't hurt. Are you going to come back and change your vote a week from tuesday after Bergland plays game #65? Lighten up Francis.
You obviously have Al Qaeda traits - "if someone does not adhere to my beliefs, then they are wrong and damned". Once again - S-L-O-W-L-Y for the reading impaired - the author of the poll is entitled to set the parameters of qualification in any manner in which they desire. Whether you or I agree - or disagree - is immaterial. I agree that Oshie and Berglund should probably be omitted, but since the author included them I followed the rules as established and voted under the conditions stipulated.

Old
03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
BlueBeard

I'm going out on a limb here and regardless of the Berglund/Oshie situation I'm going to go with Eller. Something in my gut tells me to vote this way.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
stlweir

BlueBeard, you are a rebel.

Old
03-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

I'm just going to go with the options listed and try to pick the player who I think has the highest ceiling.

That being said, I had an awful tough time choosing between Oshie and Berglund, but I went with Berglund because of his size and his offensive upside. Oshie is amazing too though.

Lars Eller is a wild card though. From some of the posts I see from the European fans who get to watch him play, he sounds like he could turn into a top-notch player too. I can't wait to see him in action next season, whether it be in Peoria or St. Louis.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote