HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#66): 3/8/2009 • Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers • 12:30pm • NBC (HD)

Old
03-08-2009, 11:38 PM
shoothepuck

vCash: 500
Carry over the win and beat the Canes on monday, and this team will start getting the points they need. Change looks good

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
So now that 'change has come'
think we'll get a 700 billion bailout for our cap?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:02 AM
thompsy

so who goes 2morro @ lina

Hank or Vally??

thompsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsy View Post
so who goes 2morro @ lina

Hank or Vally??
You CANNOT go with Vally...this game is too important for us...If Torts was going Valley in one of these games, he would of done it against BOS, not CAR.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:17 AM
thompsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
You CANNOT go with Vally...this game is too important for us...If Torts was going Valley in one of these games, he would of done it against BOS, not CAR.
really? i would have thought much the opposite... play ur best against the best team in the east, if the best cant hack a B2B, then play vally against the canes

thompsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:47 AM
mrhockey193195

Henke has to go tmrw...if he's really a top goalie in the league, he should play both back-to-back games, especially since the second is against a team right with us in the standings in a heated playoff race. This is where Henrik has to show that he can be a Brodeur or a Luongo or a Nabakov.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:49 AM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsy View Post
really? i would have thought much the opposite... play ur best against the best team in the east, if the best cant hack a B2B, then play vally against the canes
we're not fighting for a playoff spot with boston ......we are fighting carolina though....so even though every game is very important at this time....the canes game is bigger

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 03:28 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Best game I've been to this year, and by the way, there weren't a "ton" of Bruins fans there, but there were certainly some. And some that have no idea how to conduct themselves at an away game. (It's safe to say they wont be back to MSG if you know what I mean...)
I'd say there were more than some. That was the most opposing fans I've seen at the Garden this year. Obviously it wasn't like it was at the Coliseum on Thursday, but there was a large number throughout the arena. And it was certainly more Bruins fans than I've ever seen here - funny since this is the first season in a while that they've been really good

Nevertheless, it was great to see them get sent home with a loss.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I finally got to see my first Rangers game at MSG. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked how quiet the arena was. I was sitting in the 300 section. For the people that were there, is it normally that quiet? Was it because it was a afternoon game?

The 3rd period was much better though. Was hoping to hear more "Lets go Rangers" chants and "Avery" chants.
Since we traded Malik and Bδckman MSG have been like a church on a saturday...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Ola

On Antropov, I am not dissapointed wtih his play, but he isn't creating much if any offense or room for himself. He isn't that type of player. If he gets a opening, he handles the puck really well in small areas, he can pass and rip it. He opens up ice for his linemates with his size. But we are short on guys who will create thoose openings. Gomez and Zherdev basically. Thats a fundamental flaw we have. Due to Torts involving the D's more, we get allot more chances from misstakes made defensivly by the other team, while also natrually giving up a few more chances -- like on Kobashews (sp) goal. But at this stage thats certainly worth dooing. But looking down the line what should happend to this team during the offeseason I think thats the worst flaw this team have.

Also, Derek Morris is good. He is a very solid D who just is talented. I've seen allot of PHX fans ***** about the return they got for him, and now I kind of get what they are talking about. Its always very hard for a new D to come to a new team., but Morris is getting the job done. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Marc Staal later in the season.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 05:36 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I finally got to see my first Rangers game at MSG. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked how quiet the arena was. I was sitting in the 300 section. For the people that were there, is it normally that quiet? Was it because it was a afternoon game?

The 3rd period was much better though. Was hoping to hear more "Lets go Rangers" chants and "Avery" chants.
Are you European? Just in case, you can't comapare sports events in the U.S. to those in Europe. No matter if it's soccer, hockey or whatever, you have almost in every game a crowd or at least a group of people chanting, cheering, clapping and drumming all game long. You will never find anything like that in the U.S., it's just a different mentality.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 09:49 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
94now, you always have an excuse as to why we won the game and it always goes back to the goaltender. You don't think we outplayed the Bruins in the first and second period? I did. If it wasn't for that penalty, I bet we would have won the 3rd and maybe ended the game at 4-1.

The Bruins got lucky at the end, not us, dont get it twisted. We were the better team and we made our chances.
Goaltending makes the difference IN RESULT. That's all.
We got different result yesterday because of it, while showing the same effort and outplaying the opponent in many games we failed to win prior. Not an excuse, just an explanation and also warning to those over hyped.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:08 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Is it me or do Boston fans just never cease to whine. All of them complaining about Fernandez that they would have won if Thomas was there. Then they bring out the "we're in first and you are hardly in the playoffs." Accept it, you lost. Get over it.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
Are you European? Just in case, you can't comapare sports events in the U.S. to those in Europe. No matter if it's soccer, hockey or whatever, you have almost in every game a crowd or at least a group of people chanting, cheering, clapping and drumming all game long. You will never find anything like that in the U.S., it's just a different mentality.
I don't think it is a different mentality. It is different way of getting drank. In US people drink beer at the sport event. They have to buy that beer at MSG or wherever. Europeans drink hard liqueurs they carry in their pockets to the event. I think the economical hardship made MSG folks more sober and therefore quieter, since they can't afford as much boose at MSG for awhile.

Old
03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
NYRantLftyC19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
Well, soccer crowds are often very concerned. A lot of times in soccer a player falls to the ground, rolls 41 times, and cringes for his life while holding some part of his body. Now since this player was never touched by another player, the crowd assumes he was shot. All hell breaks loose in the stands. This diving happens a lot in soccer. But the crowd has to be on its toes ... one of those times, there may be a real assassin at the game.
That was hilarious

NYRantLftyC19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
But we are short on guys who will create thoose openings. Gomez and Zherdev basically. Thats a fundamental flaw we have.
I think this is a basic flaw for the vast majority of the teams in the league. There aren't *that* many players in the league who actually create those openings, like you said. There are lots of good players, but not necessarily a lot of players who legitimately create lots of openings and chances for others. Most teams only have a few such players on their team (like the Rangers).

The real flaw is that the players the Rangers do have that you're talking about, they aren't top tier players.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I don't think it is a different mentality. It is different way of getting drank. In US people drink beer at the sport event. They have to buy that beer at MSG or wherever. Europeans drink hard liqueurs they carry in their pockets to the event. I think the economical hardship made MSG folks more sober and therefore quieter, since they can't afford as much boose at MSG for awhile.
not really. at least in germany soccer fans only drink beer to games. beer and soccer, that just belongs together here
and it's not like everybody doing these chants is drunk. it really is just a different "fan culture". in soccer every big club has organized supporters, a special part of the arena where those are seated, etc...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 10:55 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Ah, drink a few good beers with 9% ABV and you'll be ready to go . The fact is that a lot of people go to games without drinking at all (imagine that)!! Also people in NA are too uptight to just let go and have fun without liquor. It's a lose-lose situation. They won't do it unless everyone else is.

We truly need some people in MSG with Drums and stuff getting people to chant along. You always find that kind of stuff in Europe. I've never seen some dude in MSG with a drum getting people to chant.

Old
03-09-2009, 10:58 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Ah, drink a few good beers with 9% ABV and you'll be ready to go .
That would be a malt liqueur. Good point, nevertheless

Old
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
That would be a malt liqueur. Good point, nevertheless
Chill...

You must not know much about beer my friend. Go find a good Belgian beer or a good American microbrew.

to name a few

Last edited by WhipNash27: 03-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old
03-09-2009, 11:08 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
Nope buddy ;-) OK, there are some people getting drunk in the stands, but that's a minority. It actually is a different mentality, they way people see sports and "their" club and I don't think you could adopt that to the U.S., so some guys with drums wouldn't change it. I think, you just have to be at some games in Europe to understand what's going on, just like you have to attend some NHL matches as a European to understand.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

BTW, the game on NBC sucked, as usual.

-Didn't show Avery taking the ice when the team came out and the ovation he received.

-They cutaway just as Avery's name was being announced on his assist, which was another huge ovation. They came back from commercial just to show the end of the ovation and Avery putting his face in a towel, visibly emotional.

-Didn't show the 3 stars of the game, I'm guessing Avery was one of them.

I hate when games are not on MSG.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
BTW, the game on NBC sucked, as usual.

-Didn't show Avery taking the ice when the team came out and the ovation he received.

-They cutaway just as Avery's name was being announced on his assist, which was another huge ovation. They came back from commercial just to show the end of the ovation and Avery putting his face in a towel, visibly emotional.

-Didn't show the 3 stars of the game, I'm guessing Avery was one of them.

I hate when games are not on MSG.
Hey, look at the bright side...at least they didn't cut away from the game to show horse racing!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote