HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Fantasy Baseball (Yahoo - H2H)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
  #26
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Pitching: W, Sv, K, ERA, WHIP is great. QS, eh, not so much. We need a minimum IP of 30-33 based on the roster size.

Offense: R, HR, RBI, Avg. all cool. We must add SB! And instead of all those hit categories (H, 1B, 2B, 3B), why not total bases instead. Average really takes in hits, and TB covers singles, doubles, triples with fewer chances for ties. I'd also propose OBP if we need a 12th scoring category.


Last edited by Murphy7: 02-12-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: I didn't see all of those extra pitching spots
Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
  #27
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Pitching: W, Sv, K, ERA, WHIP is great. QS, eh, not so much. We need a minimum IP of 30-33 based on the roster size.

Offense: R, HR, RBI, Avg. all cool. We must add SB! And instead of all those hit categories (H, 1B, 2B, 3B), why not total bases instead. Average really takes in hits, and TB covers singles, doubles, triples with fewer chances for ties. I'd also propose OBP if we need a 12th scoring category.
I've removed SLAM from the scoring category.

What do the rest of you guys think of stolen bases?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
  #28
Richyrich
Registered User
 
Richyrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I've removed SLAM from the scoring category.

What do the rest of you guys think of stolen bases?
Keep stolen bases...

Me thinks Innings pitched should be a pitching stat if it isn't already

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2009, 11:18 PM
  #29
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
Keep stolen bases...

Me thinks Innings pitched should be a pitching stat if it isn't already

We'll do stolen bases, that works with me.

I like innings pitched too, as it's similar to goalie starts for hockey. Otherwise, like ToTheNet said...you'd bench your pitchers if you had a solid start.

We just have to find a good number of what the minimum should be.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  #30
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Hey guys, looking for some feedback on what categories you all want...

Also, the draft is set for Mar 18th, 9:00pm.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:47 AM
  #31
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
We'll do stolen bases, that works with me.

I like innings pitched too, as it's similar to goalie starts for hockey. Otherwise, like ToTheNet said...you'd bench your pitchers if you had a solid start.

We just have to find a good number of what the minimum should be.
Depending on how many pitching spots there are and what the make-up is, I've seen 15 innings being a minimum a lot. This pretty much equals 2 starts and some relief guys since most pitchers now a days only really pitch 6 innings. Depending on how many starter spots there are, I'd probably take the amount of starter spots - 1 and multiply that by 6 and then add one inning per additional pitching spot.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
  #32
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Hey guys, looking for some feedback on what categories you all want...

Also, the draft is set for Mar 18th, 9:00pm.
Wtf, thats when Lost is on!

Ill probably auto draft anyway.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 11:48 AM
  #33
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Depending on how many pitching spots there are and what the make-up is, I've seen 15 innings being a minimum a lot. This pretty much equals 2 starts and some relief guys since most pitchers now a days only really pitch 6 innings. Depending on how many starter spots there are, I'd probably take the amount of starter spots - 1 and multiply that by 6 and then add one inning per additional pitching spot.
I've got the roster spots listed in the first post, have a look and get back me...and let me know whatyou think.

I wish we had more feedback, but hey...what can you do!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Wtf, thats when Lost is on!

Ill probably auto draft anyway.
Couch potato!

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:05 PM
  #34
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Mine are above. Now let me draft Hanley Ramirez.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2009, 01:36 PM
  #35
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,555
vCash: 50
heard a rumor Opus is taking J.D. Drew with his first pick

if its the 18th I will be autopicking anyway.


Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 03-07-2009 at 01:49 PM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
  #36
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
heard a rumor Opus is taking J.D. Drew with his first pick

if its the 18th I will be autopicking anyway.
1st round pick - Mike Timlin (no, seriously)


I can change the draft to Sunday March 22nd - 9:00pm.

Does this work for everybody?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:55 PM
  #37
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I like moving the draft to a Sunday, but that's just my opinion.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 12:57 PM
  #38
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

I like moving the draft to a Sunday, but that's just my opinion.

I can feel the excitement!

The draft will be Sunday March 22nd - 9:00pm EST.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:24 PM
  #39
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Ill probably forget anyway. But i preranked. I refuse to draft any Met.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
  #40
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,555
vCash: 50
that works.
hopefully the Flyers beat TeamCindy that day so we are all in a good mood.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:39 PM
  #41
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
that works.
hopefully the Flyers beat TeamCindy that day so we are all in a good mood.
If they happen to lose *knocks wood* and anybody in the league drafts a Pirate, I will be infracting their ass!

That includes you, GKJ.

You've been warned.



Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:45 PM
  #42
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Haha dont worry, the Pirates dont have real baseball players on their team.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
  #43
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Haha dont worry, the Pirates dont have real baseball players on their team.
Whoa, wait a minute...



Did Honus Wagner retire???

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
  #44
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Wtf, thats when Lost is on!

Ill probably auto draft anyway.
that is why god invented laptops.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:17 PM
  #45
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 32,555
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Haha dont worry, the Pirates dont have real baseball players on their team.

they only one they did have they traded to Boston for Jack and ****.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
  #46
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
they only one they did have they traded to Boston for Jack and ****.
Jack and Diane?


Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:29 PM
  #47
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
We still need one more person btw

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:34 PM
  #48
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
We still need one more person btw
If that's the case, let me take that spot!

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:42 PM
  #49
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
send a PM to Opy the Mody and he'll get you the info.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
  #50
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
If that's the case, let me take that spot!
It's yours!


Notice to league Managers

The draft will be held Sunday March 22nd at 9:45am. Yahoo will not allow me to pick another time other than that. Set your alarms!!!

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.