HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Prospal really stinks, why didn't we get rid of him?

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2009, 10:43 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

vCash: 500
Prospal really stinks, why didn't we get rid of him?

While seeing my third Lightning game of the year at the Forum, my fellow fans and I noticed something, Prospal sucks! I've watched him on tv and in person enough to know something doesn't seem quite right with him. He's always off balance, he can't find the open man, can't finish a play and is generally invisible when it comes to defense or hitting. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it my bleeping imagination?

Old
03-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

It's an odd numbered season.

Old
03-07-2009, 11:38 PM
paperclip maniac

don't worry, next season you won't even remember this performance. the season after, it'll start coming back to you...

Old
03-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Yzerplan
I has one.

Prospal, like pretty much everyone else on the team, has had an off-year. No need to call him out.

And actually of all nights, tonight he wasn't bad at all. In fact he was of very few players whose plus/minus wasn't a negative, and assisted on 2 of our 3 goals. Hes starting to look better on that line with Vinny and Ryan.

Old
03-08-2009, 02:43 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Prospal does suck. He is a horrible skater, he has sub-par puckhandling skills. He can pass well and he has a nice snap shot. He's also surprisingly good at faceoffs despite being the only guy in the NHL that actually lines up for the faceoff legally.

Although I find it odd this thread was made after last night where he was one of the best players in the game... which isn't saying much but still, it was one of his best games.

Old
03-08-2009, 03:35 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Prospal does suck. He is a horrible skater, he has sub-par puckhandling skills. He can pass well and he has a nice snap shot. He's also surprisingly good at faceoffs despite being the only guy in the NHL that actually lines up for the faceoff legally.

Although I find it odd this thread was made after last night where he was one of the best players in the game... which isn't saying much but still, it was one of his best games.
I told Patrick his skating makes me pity ice.

Old
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
TBLfan

He looks like a duck out there. ...But then again our boy Andreychuk wasn't a very good skater either.

Old
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

I know one thing's for sure, if I used his pattern I'd be horrible too. No clue how he plays with this thing.

But in all seriousness, he has his usual every-other-year point production routine going in full force, and it is quite annoying.

Old
03-08-2009, 07:29 PM
stammerhammer91

I can never fault prospal because no matter what he is always one of the hardest working guys out there, he sticks up for teamates, and when he scores its beautiful to watch that passion.

Next year he will be fine.

Old
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
paperclip maniac

Quote:

what do you mean line up for faceoffs legally?

Old
03-08-2009, 08:47 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
what do you mean line up for faceoffs legally?
As per rules. Most(*see ALL) of the time they are flexible with the faceoff rules.

The pattern is no biggie, Rafalski uses a toe kink like that. Saprykin has a version like that. Hlavac had one that was similar. Kovalchuk has one version that is like that. There are some really weird patterns out there. The Leclair probably being the ugliest.

Old
03-08-2009, 09:57 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
As per rules. Most(*see ALL) of the time they are flexible with the faceoff rules.

The pattern is no biggie, Rafalski uses a toe kink like that. Saprykin has a version like that. Hlavac had one that was similar. Kovalchuk has one version that is like that. There are some really weird patterns out there. The Leclair probably being the ugliest.
I assume by legal faceoffs you simply meant he always has his feet in the right spots (ie. within the hash-marks).

In terms of curves, if it's real I'd say my ugly vote goes to that Makita curve that could double as as Shaq's shoehorn.

Old
03-09-2009, 03:07 PM
TBLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
I assume by legal faceoffs you simply meant he always has his feet in the right spots (ie. within the hash-marks).

In terms of curves, if it's real I'd say my ugly vote goes to that Makita curve that could double as as Shaq's shoehorn.
Yes, he also doesn't play touch and go with the half moons in the faceoff dot. The blade is supposed to be touching that as the puck is dropped, most touch and lift off... then touch and lift off.

Closed Thread